Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we have now hit rock bottom!

Howie411

They should have flexed the Broncos/Chiefs game to 8:30 anyhow.  Not sure why they didn't.  Personally, I hate night/prime time games anyhow and wish they would all go away, Monday night football excluded.  That's just me though, old school.  

I really wish they would abolish Sunday night football or move it to Saturday nights and move Thursday night to Friday night.  I'm getting to old having to stay up late to watch a game during work nights.

Anyhow, back to the topic.  It probably has to do with the time of the game as much as our overall record.  Even if the tickets are free, you have to get to the game, park, walk in, probably watch a ****ty performance on both ends.  Even if you leave early, its still late, close to 10:15-10:30 (right after halftime) or even 11-11:15 (after the 3rd qtr).  And for most, its on a work night.

I live in Charlotte, NC, so it doesn't even apply to me, but the cons outweigh the pros right now.  Also, $9 beers to watch a horrible team play.  Peeps can get a case for what you pay for 2-3 beers and watch the game at home.  

It's very hospitable of you to offer tickets, that's a really cool thing to do.  

Why go to the stadium, deal with traffic, freeze your you know what off, pay outrageous prices for food and drink, and deal with drunks to watch a terrible team whe you can sit home and watch it in HD and deal with none of that? Even for free tickets it's not worth it.

Perfect storm, second prime time game at home in a row. The team is sucking big time. Nobody wants to take off work 2 weeks in a row for that. I was hoping we would have been flexed earlier.

LOL... My 15 y.o. son who is a Skins fan by genetics only having grown up in Laguna Beach, but is DieHard... said this afternoon...Great another Primetime game... and his expression was :(

Why go to the stadium, deal with traffic, freeze your you know what off, pay outrageous prices for food and drink, and deal with drunks to watch a terrible team whe you can sit home and watch it in HD and deal with none of that? Even for free tickets it's not worth it.

I actually got free tickets and it's totally worth it.

I actually got free tickets and it's totally worth it.

I'm not knocking it for those of you who enjoy it.  I hope you have a great time and I hope the stadium is packed.  I just can't get jazzed about it anymore.  I should have said "Even for free tickets it's no worth it for me."

I see the people on Facebook commenting that you are not a real skins fan if you don't go to games like this.  Give me a ****in break.  

I personally think that you aren't a real Skins fan if you keep supporting the garbage they continue to put on the field.  Supporting them through a few bad games or seasons is one thing, but this run is getting ridiculous. 

Taking a slightly different if wholly related tact to the OP, the REAL frightening thing to me is I don't think we have truly hit rock bottom yet. I can see the last 5 games degenerating to the point even worse than the absolute disgrace we witnessed last Monday night the longer this run continues, the worse confidence gets, and the more the locker room infighting/ finger pointing rolls. 

Worst Redskins season of my 31 year supporting life. Which is really pretty darn impressive given some of the absolute dross through the last two decades or so since # 3.

Hail. 

I really wish they would abolish Sunday night football or move it to Saturday nights and move Thursday night to Friday night.  I'm getting to old having to stay up late to watch a game during work nights.

I hear ya... but the only time they have Saturday games is in the playoffs. The previous times are for college, and HS for Friday nights. They don't want to infringe on some people not showing up for those games. Anyways, the Redskins have been hitting rock bottom for the last 20 years. Maybe a few good years (playoffs)... but always followed up the next year in going back to crap.

I went to the Niners game last week since I'd gotten tickets before the season. I had to seriously debate ahead of time whether I wanted to put myself through that, and afterward I wished I hadn't gone. Whole section of drunk Niners fans, team lying down, frigid. By far the worst experience I've had at FedEx, and I've been to some awful games...blown out by 30+ against the Chiefs in early Marty season, blown out by the Giants in freezing rain right after Thanksgiving. I can't blame anyone for not going tonight, but it'll be depressing as hell to hear all the New York fans on TV.

It goes back to that old Redskins joke:

"A Skins fan has a couple tickets to a home game. He tries to sell them, but doesn't get a nibble. He tries giving them away, but nobody will take them. Finally, the day before the game, he goes shopping, and places the tickets on his windshield in hopes that somebody will pick them up. He remains at the store (or visits several places) for a few hours to give the tickets more exposure. When he gets back to his car, though, he discovers that, not only has nobody taken the tickets, but several fans left 6 more."

Archived