Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thankful for Alfred Morris

Brokenstriker

As I was bumming to the maximum over the anguish and depressing state of being a Skins fan this season .. and far too many seasons since Mark Rypien & Co. won the superbowl.  My son offered up a gem of wisdom (and some say Clemson isn't a good school) ... We ought to be thankful for having Alfred Morris as a Redskin.

It might be just thrashing around looking for something that floats after another season hit the iceberg and slips under the waves ... but yeah ... Morris is definitely a bright light in an otherwise hopefully forgotten season.  The kid is awesome ... he doesn't just play hard he delivers ... every play.  He's heart and talent and we get all he has of both each game.

Thanks Alfred!

So in traditional Thanksgiving fashion ... wondering what if anything you guys are thankful for about the Redskins ...

Alfred's work ethic, and humbleness reminds me alot of Barry Sanders. Great ability with ridiculous amounts of humility are 2 traits that inspire me to the max.

Another thing I like is the fact the Redskins have a young 23 old QB, that doesn't fall for media traps. It's a shame there are people a lot older than him on ES who get sucked in by the media smear campaign :( .

We have several players on the Skins that do things in a very positive way. I hope that their faith will allow them to keep their heads up.

Hail

I was so about to start this thread on Wednesday, but I didn't. I had a long OP and everything ready to go...

Anyways, I am so thankful for Alfred Morris. Dude is the man. Sure, he might not be fast, but he will break your will throughout the game. 

He'll get 3 yards, then 4, then 7, then 3, then 5, then 2, then, 20, then 3, then 5, oh here comes another 15 yards. Next thing you know it's half time and he has 10 carries for 67 yards on you ready for more in the second half. lol

On top of that, screw the lames who said last year that he was only a success because of RG3 and the read-option. We ain't running that a lot anymore and he is still on pace for another 1200-1500 yard season. 

Morris, Young, Garcon & Reed on offense and Hall on defense are the only 5 players that I am thankful for this year. I'm still glad to have Griffin III but I wish that he would have taken more time to come back from his injury. Trent Williams probably is doing well too but it's hard to say when the rest of the OL sucks 

I'm thankful for both our RBs, on the field and off.  I recall a blurb about Helu refusing to buy some shoes in a mall because he considered it ridiculous to spend over a hundred bucks on shoes.  I like it.

Also, good point painkiller.  Buddy of mine, Seahawks fan (rooting for Lynch obviously), among others preached last year about RG3's threat making Morris appear better than he is.  BS.  

Man, remember how recently we were noticing Portis' downturn, and just hoping he could be a 1000 yard back again?  That's a foregone conclusion with Morris.  

Here are my guesses:

1. Coach - "We were playing from behind and needed to catch up"  ..... :blink: (NY21 - W17, 3rd QTR)

2. Robert kept nearly all of his read options, hence less for Morris (Not really a guess, more observation)

3. Helu provided more speed, different look than what NY planned for.

but as AM would say, "It doesn't matter the number of carries or yards I get, as long as the team wins I'm happy"

:D

I think our short-sighted coordinator doesn't realize what a downhill runner is all about. Of course he's going to start slow when they're stacking the box for the read option and he's a rhythm guy. If we keep sending him up the gut and calling a few draws, Robert doesn't get plastered like he did in the second half and Morris' first-half 2-3 yard gains turn into 6-7 gainers in the second. 

Like others have said, as long as this guy stays with the great attitude he has, we'll have a premier back for a while. That is, until Shanahan decides to do a Portis trade with someone desperate to get rid off a DB and drafts his replacement in the 5th round. 

Here are my guesses:

1. Coach - "We were playing from behind and needed to catch up" ..... :blink: (NY21 - W17, 3rd QTR)

2. Robert kept nearly all of his read options, hence less for Morris (Not really a guess, more observation)

3. Helu provided more speed, different look than what NY planned for.

but as AM would say, "It doesn't matter the number of carries or yards I get, as long as the team wins I'm happy"

:D

I do think that #2 is a big part of it.

The Giants were keying on Morris. (Not surprising. I would, too.)

But, my comment in the chat was that we have to keep feeding him, even though they're keying on him, because doing so forces them to KEEP keying on him.

Archived