Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS PROMOTE CB CHASE MINNIFIELD TO ACTIVE ROSTER

TK

November 29, 2013

REDSKINS PROMOTE CB CHASE MINNIFIELD TO ACTIVE ROSTER

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed cornerback Chase Minnfield to the team’s active roster from its practice squad. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Minnifield (6-0, 186) originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 3, 2012. He spent the 2012 season on the team’s Reserve/Injured list and spent the first 12 weeks of the 2013 season on the team’s practice squad.

Minnifield, 24, played collegiately at Virginia, where he appeared in 48 games with 25 starts. He earned first-team All-ACC honors as a senior in 2011.

Minnifield attended Henry Clay H.S. (Lexington, Ky.) and received first team all-state honors as a defensive back his senior year. He was born on March 31, 1989. His father, Frank, was a Pro Bowl cornerback who played for the Cleveland Browns from 1984-92.

Given Amerson isn't a regular base starter, I aren't holding my breath we see Chase dress the last 5 games. 

Nice to see him on the active roster where he should of been after camp. But with this HC scrapping like Hell for his next $ 7 million, this is just a token 'fill a spot to comply' move to me. 

Hail. 

You know, there are enough things to criticize Shanahan about, you really don't have to reach for the money thing.

I really don't think he's motivated by money one way or the other.  I think he's motivated to win, and I think he's motivated to get into the HOF.  

But, he's got tons of money, and I don't think he really cares at this point if he gets more or less.

And he's getting the $7M for next year regardless.  The only way he doesn't get that money is if he resigns.  Otherwise, he's getting paid even if he gets fired.  

I am not sure why Amerson wasn't the starter last week.  And interestingly, that's a line of questioning the entire media blew this week.  Not sure why.  But since Wilson was injured, you'd think that Amerson would give you a better chance at success. Especially after you could see that both Vernon Davis and Boldin were going to beat him all night long.  So, why not try somebody else?  Can't get worse, right? I can understand going in with the idea that Wilson is your starter. But, when it's not working, you've got to try something else, I would think. 

But, I put that in-game type of adjustment on Haz more than Mike.  As the DC, it's his responsibility to manage the players and who's playing during the game.  

I also think that in 2010 and 2011, you saw younger guys as the season went on.  Mike didn't come out and announce it.  In fact, he always said the same thing, which is the same thing he's saying this year: You have to earn your spot to play, and if the younger guys earn it, they'll play. 

Which I'm completely in favor of.

One of the great criticisms of JC back in the day is that he never earned or competed for his job, it was given to him by Gibbs.  And then Zorn. (Though he would have won a QB competition with Colt Brennan on day 1, because Colt was BAD.) Todd Collins might have given him a run for his money.  But JC got a lot of flack in these parts for not having to earn his spot.

I personally want to see the young guys in there, but I do want to see them earn it as well. And not just be given it because they are young.  

When I was early in my career, I had to earn my promotions. I don't know any profession where that's not the case. 

Given Amerson isn't a regular base starter, I aren't holding my breath we see Chase dress the last 5 games.

Nice to see him on the active roster where he should of been after camp. But with this HC scrapping like Hell for his next $ 7 million, this is just a token 'fill a spot to comply' move to me.

Hail.

coach gets his next 7 million unless he quits. time for you to predict he won't dress or play like you did for Nick

I'd love to see him get some game reps. After last week this staff can't justify him not getting reps. Amerson is still so raw he makes me nervous. We know what Wilson looks like. D.Hall as been lights out when left on an island w/ the opposing#1. We're sooo bad this year no one is even talking about the S position anymore.

You know, there are enough things to criticize Shanahan about, you really don't have to reach for the money thing.

I really don't think he's motivated by money one way or the other. I think he's motivated to win, and I think he's motivated to get into the HOF.

But, he's got tons of money, and I don't think he really cares at this point if he gets more or less.

And he's getting the $7M for next year regardless. The only way he doesn't get that money is if he resigns. Otherwise, he's getting paid even if he gets fired.

I didn't make myself clear. He's fighting tooth and nail for an extension to keep on robbing us blind for little to no return. And by association, if he's not prepared to walk away of his own accord and lose that $ 7 million then it can well be deemed he is money motivated as much as anything else.

As for the young guys earning the right to play I agree wholeheartedly. But that should go for ANY player. And the vast majority active in game day are doing ANYTHING but that. Yet we keep trotting out the same failures week on week regardless without even attempting to change things up.

What's the definition of insanity again?

Hail.

Hail. 

This coach has certainly made some mistakes but this was just a cheap shot that is not even accurate. He get's paid unless he quits and leaves the money on the table, not to mention he already has plenty of money. You are typically better than this. 

I didn't make myself clear. He's fighting tooth and nail for an extension to keep on robbing us blind for little to no return. And by association, if he's not prepared to walk away of his own accord and lose that $ 7 million then it can well be deemed he is money motivated as much as anything else.

As for the young guys earning the right to play I agree wholeheartedly. But that should go for ANY player. And the vast majority active in game day are doing ANYTHING but that. Yet we keep trotting out the same failures week on week regardless without even attempting to change things up.

What's the definition of insanity again?

Hail.

I just could not disagree more. Isn't it just possible he really does want to win? Your whole first paragraph paints a picture of a guy who does't care the first thing about winning, he just wants a check. Sorry, but I again call that nothing but a cheap shot. Unless you know him personally and have heard him say as much it's pure conjecture at best. 

Where I will agree is that he is sticking with "his guys" too long. It is time to see what young guys can do. Glad to see Minniefield. This should be the end of WIlson's Redskins career. Let WIlliams play more WR and sit Morgan. That one did not work out. Sit Fletcher also and put well anyone in. He should not have to play on this bad a team going out. Also, sit orakpo. There is no way we should pay him what his agent is going to think he is worth. If we do, then it's a waste of money. The guy is just average, nothing more. 

On Off, I would sit most of the Oline. It's time for Lerebius to put up or be moved on. Play Compton. He is either Polumbus replacement or just depth, Either way, get him some playing time. I would bring in a RB to take carries just to limit AM and Helus chances for injury. That's the most stable position we have I think. 

Thanks just me. 

Hail. 

I guess there is just no bottom to the gutter-sniping you have lowered yourself to in your season of meltdown. :rolleyes:

So now Shanahan is just been here all along for the money? What's next? You going to talk about his wife and how they raised Kyle Shanahan?

You know, all of us fans are going through the same losing season, but I guess some of us are just more mature in terms of how we handle it.

Maybe you will grow up one day.

I guess there is just no bottom to the gutter-sniping you have lowered yourself to in your season of meltdown. :rolleyes:

So now Shanahan is just been here all along for the money? What's next? You going to talk about his wife and how they raised Kyle Shanahan?

You know, all of us fans are going through the same losing season, but I guess some of us are just more mature in terms of how we handle it.

Maybe you will grow up one day.

Where the Hell do you get 'here all along just for the money' from that?

Saying he's not going to walk away from $ 7 million dollars translates into his whole tenure as being 'for the money?'

'Gutter sniping' because you happen to disagree and refuse to accept what's unfolding before your very eyes. 

And I need to grow up?

This coach has certainly made some mistakes but this was just a cheap shot that is not even accurate. He get's paid unless he quits and leaves the money on the table, not to mention he already has plenty of money. You are typically better than this. 

Term it what you want but if things are so intolerably bad that your losing the locker room and have more and more of the fanbase being forced by your own ineptness here to turn against you as much as they want you to succeed and you refuse to go of your own accord and dig your stubborn ass heals in when something patently isn't working, and there's the Elephant in the Room amounting to $ 7 million bucks; then you'd be naive to think that figure DOESN'T play a major role in his thinking. 

Even more so if there's no extension and he was to go into next season as a lame duck HC. 

Whether you agree or disagree, to think otherwise is just as much conjecture as what your accusing me of. 

Unless you yourself know him personally and would care to add .....

Hail. 

Where the Hell do you get 'here all along just for the money' from that?

Saying he's not going to walk away from $ 7 million dollars translates into his whole tenure as being 'for the money?'

'Gutter sniping' because you happen to disagree and refuse to accept what's unfolding before your very eyes. 

And I need to grow up?

Term it what you want but if things are so intolerably bad that your losing the locker room and have more and more of the fanbase being forced by your own ineptness here to turn against you as much as they want you to succeed and you refuse to go of your own accord and dig your stubborn ass heals in when something patently isn't working, and there's the Elephant in the Room amounting to $ 7 million bucks; then you'd be naive to think that figure DOESN'T play a major role in his thinking. 

Even more so if there's no extension and he was to go into next season as a lame duck HC. 

Whether you agree or disagree, to think otherwise is just as much conjecture as what your accusing me of. 

Unless you yourself know him personally and would care to add .....

Hail. 

con·jec·true -  an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.  

I am taking him at his word and that every coach in the NFL has a deep competitive nature which drives them to want to win, period, which is the data we have. You are adding to that data your own conclusion based on pure speculation. One is conjecture one is not. 

I get you are pissed at the guy. I am too. But taking cheap shots is not productive. Let's talk about why we still have no safeties after 4 years. Why is the Off line so porous up the middle, despite playing pretty well last year. How about it seems no one on this team gets coached up. Outside a few exceptions like T WIlliams and R Kerrigan, players don;t seem to get better or develop with this coaching staff. Where is Compton? Leriebus? Why is Minniefield just now coming up? There are many others. 

It's just a little too convenient to say he is greedy for $7M when the data suggests he can't keep up with the game or he was never good enough to begin with. Sure, he may be working to get another year because he wants to be right and to be right means winning. But because of the money? Sorry, that does't even make sense. 

Unless you actually know the man and his mind, one is the same as the other.

You can take him at his word as long as you like, but I don't see him willingly walking away from $ 7 million no matter how bad it gets, Spin that whichever way you wish, but that amount of money cannot be ignored as playing a major part in that decision. 

Hail. 

Archived