Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The NFC East is a joke!

VCDefectors

It just had to be said. Can any of you remember a time when all 4 teams collectively sucked like this? This used to be the division of the powerhouse! WTH has happened? Doesn't it feel like a cursed season for everybody here or what? 

Godell should take the 2013 NFC East Crown and give it to another division. 

NFC North isn't exactly tearing up the NFL either. Outside of the Saints and Seahawks, the entire NFC is pedestrian.

Same can be said for the AFC South, AFC North and outside of the Pats, the AFC East.

With that said, will the Eagles/Cowboys win the Super Bowl? No ... But I'll take our chances if we make the playoffs. Say you get in as a 4 seed ... Carolina and San Francisco are both beatable. Anything can happen in the Post season.

It's kind of back to how it was in the early '00s. (actually its worse). It was going to happen at some point. Team get old, and eventually have to rebuild. I predicted that only one team would be able to make it out of the East this year, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

I thought the Redskins were the only team in the division (before the season) with the arrow pointing up, but clearly they have flatlined. We'll see what happens with the Eagles (I am far... Far from crowning their asses), but regardless, whichever team ultimately takes the division will more than likely be facing either the Cards or the Niners in the first round, and if they manage to scrape past them, they either go to the Superdome or to Century Link. 

Enjoy

NFC North isn't exactly tearing up the NFL either. Outside of the Saints and Seahawks, the entire NFC is pedestrian.

Same can be said for the AFC South, AFC North and outside of the Pats, the AFC East.

With that said, will the Eagles/Cowboys win the Super Bowl? No ... But I'll take our chances if we make the playoffs. Say you get in as a 4 seed ... Carolina and San Francisco are both beatable. Anything can happen in the Post season.

True, true, true. I guess you could say I'm old school. Gibbs, Parcells, Landry, Johnson, Reid, George Allen, Buddy Ryan. They all built teams that would put anything living in the NFC East today to shame. And it used to be that any team that won the NFC East was truly battle-tested and was as good as any other team out there. I don't see any team from the NFC East this year going to Louisiana or Seattle and winning there. 

One thing is certain. I will even root for those idiots in Seattle to be the winner of the NFC East. I don't want the Eagles or Cowboys to win anything. Then, I want the Panthers eliminated because I live near Charlotte and it would be unbearable here.

That's the rationale (Charlotte) that many people who move to the DMV have for hating the Redskins.

I'm so over hating the Eagles and Cowboys. That's what 20 plus years of sucking will do to you. I look forward to the time where we again have a meaningful rivalry where most of the teams in the division are legit powers.

Give Chip Kelly credit for having the Eagles relevant in his first year when few thought they would be.  Otherwise, the immediate future for the other teams will be interesting. One would think Coughlin is going to retire fairly soon.  Shanny's tenure in DC is on ice, maybe soon depending on how the rest of the season plays out. Meanwhile, in Big D, they will always be somewhat of a mess as long as Jerry insists on running everything.

One thing is certain. I will even root for those idiots in Seattle to be the winner of the NFC East. I don't want the Eagles or Cowboys to win anything. Then, I want the Panthers eliminated because I live near Charlotte and it would be unbearable here.

It already IS unbearable here! Outside of the East, I hate the Panthers more than anyone. And heck, being that we are all but eliminated, I would root for the Eagles and Giants over Carolina if they played right now.

It's a shame that one of the teams between Carolina, San Fran, and Arizona will miss the playoffs because a lousy NFC East team will get in.

I used to share that same feeling/mentality, but not anymore.  Seattle proved that one year that even a team with a losing record (7-9) can win a road playoff game against a contender (Saints).  

It's rare, but it can happen.  And its probably one of the best things for football, it proves the any given Sunday approach.  When what appears to be an inferior team now makes the playoffs, we know they could pull out an upset win.  

What's really crazy and extremely unlikely is a team could win their division with a 3-13 record or even a 0-10-6 record.  In addition, the worst record a team could have to win a wild card spot is 5-11.  It will probably never happen, but just some fun stats I read and thought I would share.

I used to share that same feeling/mentality, but not anymore. Seattle proved that one year that even a team with a losing record (7-9) can win a road playoff game against a contender (Saints).

It's rare, but it can happen. And its probably one of the best things for football, it proves the any given Sunday approach. When what appears to be an inferior team now makes the playoffs, we know they could pull out an upset win.

What's really crazy and extremely unlikely is a team could win their division with a 3-13 record or even a 0-10-6 record. In addition, the worst record a team could have to win a wild card spot is 5-11. It will probably never happen, but just some fun stats I read and thought I would share.

That 7-9 Seattle team beat NO at home, not on the road.

It already IS unbearable here! Outside of the East, I hate the Panthers more than anyone. And heck, being that we are all but eliminated, I would root for the Eagles and Giants over Carolina if they played right now.

I'm almost there.  If the Panthers play the Eagles or Cowboys, I just might have to let the Boys and Iggles win one game and then get destroyed in NO or Seattle.

Philly would match up much better with Carolina.

Philly's D is finally catching it's groove.

All of this talk about the Cowboys making the playoffs suggests to me that the Cowboys Nation just doesn't get it. The Cowboys win 2 games in a row and all of this "optimism" sprouts up like obnoxious weeds. A little over a couple of weeks ago, the Cowboys were busy getting their butts handed to them. 

And it's not just the fans. Garrett giving the team all of this time off over Thanksgiving. I can easily see us laying an egg in Chicago and it'll be "Hang Jerruh by a noose" all over again. Right now, Romo sits to pee is the under-appreciated hero. Next week, it'll be Romo sits to pee the Clown.  

There is no other NFL team that goes from one extreme to another the way the Cowboys and their fans do. I'm just so sick of it!!

Pretty sure the Panthers would crush both Dallas and the Eagles.

Probably so, but I need the Panthers OUT! It would be unbearable around here (Charlotte).

But seriously, even though the Cowboys have not won anything in 20 years or been to a SB like us, they've won more than 10 games in a season, have actually won more than one division title and do not finish in 4th place in the division.  We hold the record the last 20 years of last place finishes in the NFC East.  "We" are the joke of the division.

We hold the record the last 20 years of last place finishes in the NFC East.  "We" are the joke of the division.

Good lord!  What has become of the NFC East when fans are arguing that their respective teams are the worst in the last 20 years.  

This **** has got to stop.  I miss divisional excellence.

NFC East isnt a joke. We are the joke

The NFC East as a whole is a joke, but we have the most clowns and circus showtimes than anyone else in the division. 

I still think the division winner will be the Cowboys.  The Eagles are intriguing though.  It could be another "win and you're in" the last game of the season for Dallas.

Good lord! What has become of the NFC East when fans are arguing that their respective teams are the worst in the last 20 years.

This **** has got to stop. I miss divisional excellence.

Oh how I wish it weren't that way. We are what we are. We have been the worst team in the division for 20 years. Makes me sick thinking about it.

Oh how I wish it weren't that way. We are what we are. We have been the worst team in the division for 20 years. Makes me sick thinking about it.

As bad as Redskins fans feel about the Redskins right now, the Cowboys Nation is in a FAR WORSE PLACE!! With it's declining stars hogging the salary cap and being on the wrong side of 30, the Cowboys are due for a major rebuild. It'll take years to fix the mess the Cowboys are in for choosing to build around Romo sits to pee. The day of reckoning for the Cowboys has come. 

From '82 to' 95, the NFC East won 8 of 14 SB'S (Niners, Bears and Raiders (beating us) won the other six). Nowadays, if the Cardinals were still in the East, the red-headed stepchild of the division for like three decades, they'd probably be, by far, the best franchise in it. That's ****ing depressing.

That said, I'm torn. On one hand, I'm thrilled that the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles are all a cluster**** (currently or soon to be). On the other, it kinda sucks that OUR division has now replaced the NFC West as the joke of the NFL. Would feel a lot better if we were top dogs. Instead, we're the worst team in the worst division. Ugh. It hurts.

Archived