Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Jones: Alfred Morris says Redskins didn’t have ‘the greatest of weeks’ on practice field leading up to 49ers loss

Boss_Hogg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/11/26/alfred-morris-says-redskins-didnt-have-the-greatest-of-weeks-on-practice-field-leading-up-to-49ers-loss/

Tailback Alfred Morris said after Monday night’s loss to the San Francisco 49ers at FedEx Field that the Washington Redskins didn’t have “the greatest of weeks” of practices leading up to the game. Morris stopped short of blaming the 27-6 defeat to the 49ers on that, however.

“It wasn’t the greatest of weeks,” Morris said. “But you’re gonna have that sometimes. Just because you had a bad week, not that we had a bad week, but sometimes if you have a few bad practices or a few bad [practice] periods doesn’t mean you’re gonna have a bad game.  But like I said, today we just didn’t show up for whatever reason. I don’t know what it was.”

Morris also did not attribute the practice-field issues to the controversies that swirled around the team seemingly nonstop last week.

“I don’t know what’s been written or said,” he said. “I don’t read or watch that stuff. So I couldn’t tell you. But we did feel like we had a great chance to come out here and win. Like I said, we just didn’t show up.”

-------------------------

This contradicts Coach Shanahan's comments about "Having a great week of practice". Something is catastrophically wrong in that locker room and IMO that's on the coaches.

This contradicts Coach Shanahan's comments about "Having a great week of practice". Something is catastrophically wrong in that locker room and IMO that's on the coaches.

I see it more as Shanny protecting the players & not throwing them under the bus.

"But like I said, today we just didn’t show up for whatever reason. I don’t know what it was.”

“I don’t know what’s been written or said,” he said. “I don’t read or watch that stuff. So I couldn’t tell you. But we did feel like we had a great chance to come out here and win. Like I said, we just didn’t show up.”

For whatever reason? How about this- the team has quit. I think they quit after the Viking loss but maybe that's when I quit hoping.

I'm waiting for the headline from Pro Football Talk: "Alfred Morris points blame at coaches."

Almo is such a good dude, he's very quiet, warm, and friendly. For him to come out and say something speaks volumes.

Yeah, he better be careful, that dog house has a vacant bed now that Freddy was paroled due to the Reed injury... smh.

He was?  Was he even out there last night?

I came home just before the first field goal, so I really don't know what went on there, no sarcasm intended.

Barely, man.  He dressed.  I didn't see him out there until the last drive.

This is what I hate about Shanahan. He puts his personal feelings above the team's best interest. I feel like this is high school crap!

That's why my biggest complaint about the regime isn't the players he picks, it's how he uses/treats/and puts those players in a position to be successful (or not).  Forcing a system down players throats is the mark of a guy who lacks crativity.

But I digress.

I see it more as Shanny protecting the players & not throwing them under the bus.

I agree. It's another golden nugget though, that will get play this week, yet again. I don't expect him to come up to the podium in front of the mediots and say that his guys weren't getting the job done, or that the coaches weren't. There are plenty of storylines that could arise from that as well.

Yeah, he better be careful, that dog house has a vacant bed now that Freddy was paroled due to the Reed injury... smh.

And the sad thing is, even with the "dog house" the team still isn't disciplined or prepared.. I'd get it, if it worked to get everyone else attention, but apparently ****ty play isn't what gets anyone in the "dog house", it's personal, ego type BS.. Just stupid..

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought as a whole the defense DID play well, minus the underperforming night from Josh Wilson (who was apparently having some foot issues all week)... They stuffed one of the best run teams all night. I thought they flew to the ball when they had the opportunity.  

They did drop two interceptions... one was a pick 6...

At 10-6 after half, they turn the 9ers over at midfield and we can't get to the 40.

At least three drives began in Redskins territory...

So, Haslett may have been right... the D probably had a good week of preparation.

Josh Wilson got beat mano y mano (talent issue)... Riley failed to convert two opportunities for interceptions (execution issue)... and the offense gave them no reason to be inspired during the game (just a plain old issue).

When Garcon dropped the first pass, I was like here we go again. Trent looked lazy and was rarely even joining the huddle. He got owned all night. Aldrick gave up on a route that would have been a touchdown. The D played decent at times but crappy at times. It looked like a team that wasn't ready to me or like some said here already doesn't care anymore.

Archived