Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF Proves this team has quit!

SoCalSkinsFan1975

Teams can turn around quickly in the NFL.  It happens all the time.  Danny needs to man up, admit that he hired a has-been coach whose rep was unwarranted, tear this team down and start over.  We have a good QB and a good HB to build around, more than some teams can say.

Reed is going to be spectacular as well (if he can stay healthy). At this point, I'm pretty much through with Shanahan. Now is the perfect time to start mulling options if I'm Snyder. After the axe comes down on Black Monday, the first thing I do is look for a consultant. Maybe kick the tires on a guy like Parcells. Get anyone you can who knows the ins and outs of NFL football... Let him evaluate the roster, then let him steer you toward a GM. This is the only route that I would approve of.

Snyder has no business spearheading any coaching search/GM search ever again.

I don't think they quit. I think it is a combination of lack of talent and coaching.

They may not have appeared upset on the field, which is normal for every team, but I saw a lot of frustration and disappointment when they were walking to the locker room. Most wouldn't even look at the camera.

I know Spurrier complained about the mingling with the other team after a loss, but what do you want them to do. Run off the field and act like sore losers. They are professionals, and if you watch any other team play, they also suck it up and congratulate the other team.

This is the end result of two years of 18 million in lost cap space....most teams struggle to get under the cap we had to struggle to get under with the penalties, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to realize why we have a Tight End returning kicks or why we have no1 capable of catching the ball outside of Garcon, .....dont even get me started on the safety play for this team....two years of cap penalties and this is what you have we are lucky to even be a 3 win team..

I'm sorry, but saying the sole reason the team sucks is due to the Cap penalty is absurd and I'm sick of hearing about it.

Do you expect your boss to fire you if you had a bad day at work .. because you smile afterwards?

The very fact you would question the heart of people who have achieved this level.. the highest level in their profession.. it's straight up ignorance.

Clueless ignorance plagues this fanbase.

But, it isn't your fault.

Our media feeds you tripe, so you eat it.

~Bang

If you are getting paid millions of dollars and continue to fail and show complete ineptness time and time again... and then smile like everything is honky dory, YES YOU WOULD BE FIRED! It is not just this game and to think that shows ignorance on your part sir.

So by your logic Albert H. was a phenomenal player full of heart, never quite, team first all the way type mentality? He achieved this level. To think that none of these guys ever just cash a check and sit back and wait till next year is again complete ignorance on your part sir!

By the way, using the 'ol "blame the media" card is beneath you Bang, your better than that. You can see what is happening with your own 2 eyes, don't blame the media for that. 

If you are getting paid millions of dollars and continue to fail and show complete ineptness time and time again... and then smile like everything is honky dory, YES YOU WOULD BE FIRED! It is not just this game and to think that shows ignorance on your part sir.

So by your logic Albert H. was a phenomenal player full of heart, never quite, team first all the way type mentality? He achieved this level. To think that none of these guys ever just cash a check and sit back and wait till next year is again complete ignorance on your part sir!

By the way, using the 'ol "blame the media" card is beneath you Bang, your better than that. You can see what is happening with your own 2 eyes, don't blame the media for that.

Not a lick of this makes any sense at all.

for one, Most players, all around the whole league, get paid millions and smile when leaving the field.

Believing you can read anything out of 2 or 3 second tv snippets and on-field handshake camera views is crazy.

You can't. You have no idea what they actually feel or think.

By my logic, how you handle yourself postgame while you walk off the field has absolutely no bearing on whether you're a selfish money pig like Haynesworth. You think you can equate this to character like that?

This is also crazy.

And as far as the media card, you haven't been hearing anything. All the media does is soap opera speculation into ginned up controversy. rumor and hearsay. Ridiculous gossip

It's because of screeching ninnybawling like this over absolutely ridiculous minutia that is truly meaningless that they act the way they do and "report" on th garbage they do.

if you think that's "beneath me", i do appreciate the opinion you hold of me being somewhat elevated.

You're angry about the loss, and you're reading too much into facial expressions that you only see for a very short time.

it's not like watching a guy lay on the field, or missing his workouts so he can take a poo.

~Bang

man, you guys think this is bad now ... 

if this "team has quit" or "lost locker room" crap starts getting passed around the media, what we thought was rock bottom will seem like the 2007 16-0 Patriots season ... 

Like Chris Russell said today, this team is horrible at blocking outside stuff out, if the media decides to push those themes ... I might tune out 100% from anything Redskins. 

man, you guys think this is bad now ... 

if this "team has quit" or "lost locker room" crap starts getting passed around the media, what we thought was rock bottom will seem like the 2007 16-0 Patriots season ... 

Like Chris Russell said today, this team is horrible at blocking outside stuff out, if the media decides to push those themes ... I might tune out 100% from anything Redskins. 

The media will do what they want. The suffering now is just money in the bank. We use that currency for motivation to get better. We use that currency to develop and make the necessary changes to have success in the future. Who I really feel bad for is those teams who are doing well but will never reach the top . Close but no cigar, year after year. We will get better and we will be a force for YEARS. It might take a while but this franchise has a powerful legacy and this is just a bump on the road. I am even starting to enjoy these lows. I know it is darkest just before the dawn.

The teams officially quit on shanny. He needs to pack it up & leave asap. The lack of talent on this team is an embarrassment

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, this team plays like they are just out on Sunday playing in the back yard.  They just don't seem like they are trying to win???

So when I started this tread, some agreed with me and some thought I was way off base. Just heard John Clayton on ESPN radio and the direct quote from him was that this looks like a team that has quit and doesn't care about winning. 

Hmmmm...

Now I see Shannies press conference and realize he has quite on this team too! What a complete and utter disaster of a year and of a team. Looks like we are getting ready to go nuclear this off-season. 

One more time for us fans to endure starting over... what a joke.

Archived