Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF Proves this team has quit!

SoCalSkinsFan1975

I think the D continued to play hard. They got outplayed, mostly Josh Wilson who was a dog, but the effort wasn't an issue. They wilted because the O did nothing but go 3 and out all night, not much you can do about that. But I don't think the D quit. They're hampered by a combination of bad players at key spots, should be stars underperforming, and awful coaching.

The O has quit. It's very reminiscent of the Ramsey/Campbell/Beck days when the guys knew they had no chance due to their QB. I've seen more fight when the guys were playing with Rex because he could at least run an NFL offense.

It's to the point where you take a shot at Griffin in everything you post now. You've basically become a troll, it's pretty sad.

This is the end result of two years of 18 million in lost cap space....most teams struggle to get under the cap we had to struggle to get under with the penalties, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to realize why we have a Tight End returning kicks or why we have no1 capable of catching the ball outside of Garcon, .....dont even get me started on the safety play for this team....two years of cap penalties and this is what you have we are lucky to even be a 3 win team..

Im not sure they quit. Thing is it's the same unit that was here last season. Give a pass for the first four , five games because of RG's health.

Flawed talent. Inept performance.

Or just snakebitten? I have no idea but it's deep and terrible.

Could our QB be rated any lower?

Could not Cousins at least have a 60 or 70 rating to give the team a chance at least.?

The more this season plays out, the more it is apparent that we got hot at the right time last season.  That Robert's injury has prevented him from much needed development via off season programs.  That while we do have some good players on this team, we just do not have enough.  That Robert's injury appears to still be impacting his game.  That some members of Mike's coaching staff probably need to be shown the door at season's end.   

I'd argue that last night proved that we don't have answers more than we quit.  The problems from game one have never really been fixed and as good coordinators will do they have been picked, prodded, and exploited.  Teams know what to do about us, know roughly what we will do, and how they can take advantage of it.

I think the efforts there.  It's the talent in some areas and mostly the strategy that's missing.

Pros don't quit.

Smiling after a loss means nothing at all except an indicator of which fans haven't really got a clue.

This is the reason our sports media carries on like a bunch of clucking hens, gossiping like old women and making every friggin' pimple into a mountain.

Because of fans who think like this.

~Bang

I actually enjoyed listening to Gruden last night...pretty much laughed at our protection schemes and laughed at the amount of screens called. He gets it....why cant Mike and Kyle?

they get it.

What do you do when the pressure is so heavy? what backs a line away from the QB?

Screens, passes to the flat, slants and quick hitters that get the ball out of thee QBs hands and into a playmakers hands fast.

that's pretty much offense 101.

that is how you counter a heavy rush. Not by dropping back and waiting for routes to develop.

the reason why it didn't work well last night is the 9ers have absolutely incredible linebackers. their speed and tackling ability means they can run that play down and put the man on the ground while the Dbs cover deeper if need be.

AND, how many times did you see our guys get snatched down or stopped by one hand reaching out?

The 9ers defenders are very VERY strong. their strength and conditioning is outstanding. Which means when they make contact, guys go down. Even Alfred wasn't doing his customary run-thru-tackles for extra yards.

So you use those screens to try and spread the defense, and to unpin the pass rush's ears.

What Gruden's comments were alluding to is that they're forced to use these screens because they don't have time to set up to do much else.

~Bang

The Denver game was where this team folded.  Up 21-7, and not only failing to close the deal but allowing 38 unanswered 2nd half points.

San Diego gave some brief hope this team hadn't folded...but the last 3 losses have been flat out ugly.

If we hang on to a significant lead against Denver, we would have gone at least 2-1 over these last 3 games and still be in the hunt.and tied for first in the division at 6-5.

Why have we abandoned read option?  Because RGIII's dad ordered it?

Because it isn't working.

when the OL can't protect and the opposition is always nursing a lead, they can be bolder in how they attack the line, which is what is going on.

When RG3 has run the ball, those holes and seams aren't there because of that.

last year while he had open field, this year he's trying to negotiate minefields and get to the sideline.

~Bang

Pros don't quit.

Smiling after a loss means nothing at all except an indicator of which fans haven't really got a clue.

This is the reason our sports media carries on like a bunch of clucking hens, gossiping like old women and making every friggin' pimple into a mountain.

Because of fans who think like this.

~Bang

THIS!!!

If you're taking the loss harder than the players, please re-evaluate your life. 

Teams can turn around quickly in the NFL.  It happens all the time.  Danny needs to man up, admit that he hired a has-been coach whose rep was unwarranted, tear this team down and start over.  We have a good QB and a good HB to build around, more than some teams can say.

Name names.  What players quit?   I saw an inept offense, a defense that eventually got beaten down, and a special teams that is approaching mythical status for ineptitude.  But I didn't see anybody quit.

OUTCOACHED! WE CALLED 20 WR SCREENS (no rb screens)

Fred Davis...didnt even see him at all.

Josh Wilson not being benched or getting help

All 3 instances inexcusable.

After the 15th or 16th WR screen, I expected kind of fake screen pump-and go-pass...something to play off all those screens and make the DBs pay for jumping the play.  That never came.  Maybe they're saving it for later in the year.

To the benchwarmer.

"We pay hundreds of dollars every year on jerseys, tickets etc."

As long as that continues, Mr Marketing (not football) as in Snyder is perfectly happy.

Total attendance for remaining 3 home games should not exceed capacity for 1 game. Unfortunately, the crowds at FedEx are 10% true Redskins fans, 10% fans of the visiting team, and 80% bureaucrats just there because its "the thing to do".

Bottom line is it does no good to disect this team. As long as DS/BS is the owner, they will never go anywhere except to the bank.

No, I dont believe they have quit. They are all playing for jobs next season.

BUT, they sure didnt look like an inspired team last night. 

They were playing at home, on national tv and they seemed so flat.

Yes, the 49rs played well, but part of that was because we could not execute in most all the  phases.

The defense tried their best (with the exception of Josh Wilson), but after so many three and outs by the offense,

the D was worn out.

To me it comes down to coaching and how the offensive line has been built.

There were some plays that Robert held on to the ball too long, but there were many more where the OL gave him no time to set up,

or make any reads.

I'm sorry... What?

You posted complete and utter garbage, that exhibited little thought, and only comes off as another Angry Man Thread, just like all the other dumb threads that get posted on here after games.

Lets examine this step by step:

Which is what you probably should have done, but instead you went Alice In Wonderland with this:

Which is complete and utter bull****. Guys have friends on other teams, guys show sportsmanship. They arent going to show their ass and throw stuff on the field, and look for someone to fight, only to satisfy dumb fans misplaced anger. Just because someone is smiling doesnt mean they're not pissed off. Just because you see them "High fiving" other players does not mean that once they got behind closed doors, they all let out their collective frustration. I'm sick and tired of this stupid psychoanalysis thats starting to become all too common in sports. You aren't Dr. Phil... (not that I care about him anyway). Stop trying to act like it.

Stop trying to act like guys that bust their asses and have worked since youth to get to the NFL, don't care when they fail. The one thing that I can commend Shanahan on is not playing guys who havent earned their keep, and half ass it during the week of preparation. Sucking is not the same as quitting. Do you understand? Thats the easiest thing in the world to say because other angry people will agree just because they're angry. and confused. And its gotten old (you arent the only one though)

And that is the only reason why you started a thread. Basically, it was "I'm angry, let me make an angry thread." You know why? Because that is all you showed in your post. 

There is a coach with full autonomy over all football decisions. There is a defense that fails to get consistent pressure. There is a defense devoid of talent (or enough talent). There is a DC that is in over his head, and fails when it comes to counter adjustments.

There is a sp teams that is the worst I have ever seen. There is an offense with an o-line that cannot pass protect in traditional drop back situations. There is an offense that is not built to come back from huge deficits. There is an offense that lacks talent. There is an offense with a quarterback who has not fully developed. There is an offense that is run by a coordinator who leaves a little to be desired when it comes to route sophistication, utilization of players, and overall playcalling in certain situations.

Basically, there is a lot to discuss with this team, but instead, you focus on the players smiling after the game is over, and provide nothing other than your angry opinion, then wonder why someone is questioning your logic.

I'm not gonna spend 2 hours breaking down every reason we suck and they don't care. Your post is simply regurgitating a lot of hot air... again.

Let's just end it with this, after Denver lost did you see PM out their laughing, high-fiving the other team joking around? NO! He was pissed and it was evident. Do you know why? Because he is a winner, a true professional and losing is NEVER acceptable! 

Go ahead and bury your head in the sand and try to tell everyone it will be alright, we just need to work harder, blah blah blah!

The fact is they have quit. They will say the appropriate things on camera, but the locker room is coming apart as we can see by the many reports of in-fighting coming out. If everyone is "nose to the grindstone" and really intent on winning that doesn't happen.

So go ahead and attack me again, it does nothing to strengthen your argument or change the fact that I am right. This team has moved on and is simply collecting their checks until they can go get a drink on a beach somewhere in the off-season.

Do you expect your boss to fire you if you had a bad day at work .. because you smile afterwards?

The very fact you would question the heart of people who have achieved this level.. the highest level in their profession.. it's straight up ignorance.

Clueless ignorance plagues this fanbase.

But, it isn't your fault.

Our media feeds you tripe, so you eat it.

~Bang

they get it.

What do you do when the pressure is so heavy? what backs a line away from the QB?

Screens, passes to the flat, slants and quick hitters that get the ball out of thee QBs hands and into a playmakers hands fast.

that's pretty much offense 101.

that is how you counter a heavy rush. Not by dropping back and waiting for routes to develop.

the reason why it didn't work well last night is the 9ers have absolutely incredible linebackers. their speed and tackling ability means they can run that play down and put the man on the ground while the Dbs cover deeper if need be.

AND, how many times did you see our guys get snatched down or stopped by one hand reaching out?

The 9ers defenders are very VERY strong. their strength and conditioning is outstanding. Which means when they make contact, guys go down. Even Alfred wasn't doing his customary run-thru-tackles for extra yards.

So you use those screens to try and spread the defense, and to unpin the pass rush's ears.

What Gruden's comments were alluding to is that they're forced to use these screens because they don't have time to set up to do much else.

~Bang

This is dead on the money.

Robert looked like he was put in an Iron Maiden every down, and we were forced to go small/quick/short/etc. to get anything going. Other teams can be successful in those situations, but we don't have the talent level that at team like Denver has to cut up teams with short routes.

We were outclassed. Badly.

Archived