Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF Proves this team has quit!

SoCalSkinsFan1975

I could go on and on about the play to prove my point. BUT, look no further than the post game. As soon as they were humiliated once again on national TV, all I saw was a bunch of guys running around with HUGE smiles on there face giving high fives and laughing with the other team that just made them look pathetic once again to a national audience!

As a fan I am completely disgusted that our team is now officially phoning it in and collecting there big fat checks. I did not see a single player running off the field pissed off, disgusted, ANYTHING!

ZERO passion, ZERO heart. It is flat out embarrassing!

I hate this! I should be used to it by now, but I'm not and I hate it!   

I just think they're not very good. Did the defense quit? Yes or no?

What about the actual team is going wrong? There are many things to point to, but the easiest thing to do is go "Cliche mad fan" and say everyone has quit. It brings nothing to the table and just becomes another "Look at me" anger thread

Cool, they were hugging it out after the game> Clearly they quit. Do any of you actually think before you hit submit?

Im not sure they quit. Thing is it's the same unit that was here last season. Give a pass for the first four , five games because of RG's health.

Flawed talent. Inept performance.

Or just snakebitten? I have no idea but it's deep and terrible.

I just think they're not very good. Did the defense quit? Yes or no?

What about the actual team is going wrong? There are many things to point to, but the easiest thing to do is go "Cliche mad fan" and say everyone has quit. It brings nothing to the table and just becomes another "Look at me" anger thread

Cool, they were hugging it out after the game> Clearly they quit. Do any of you actually think before you hit submit?

You are right about one thing, they are not very good. There is nothing cliche about the truth. If you think I made this post about me that is your failing not mine. 

I said I could go on and on about what is wrong with the team, but that would take forever and it doesn't matter. You know why? Because they have quit! 

Did the "D" quit? Yes! We are lucky SF took their foot off the gas. We are statistically one of the absolute worst defenses in the league! 

We pay hundreds of dollars every year on jerseys, tickets etc. and we as fans deserve more than high fives and laughs after that pathetic performance. Is a little passion and dedication too much to ask? You would say yes and try to convince me we should discuss the specifics of each player, position, game. Hell, just a little self respect would be nice to see!

So try again if you want, but obviously I am the only one of us who did think before I posted! 

I came to the "table" as you put it with my topic and presented my evidence to support my topic. What did you do? Try in vain to attack me and disregard the topic.

Prove to me how they have not given up! Show me something to prove they are fighting tooth and nail till the bitter end in practice and games! You won't, you know why? Because you can't!

I'm sure your response will try to attack me and my point of view instead of provide anything to contradict my points. Looks like you need to find a new "table"!

I don't think the team has quit.  Was at the game.  The D played pretty good overall for our D, and they did play hard....a lot of hard shots out there.  On O, if Robert has quit then I certainly would not take the shots that he took tonight.  Think Morris has quit? 

We got dominated by a very good team tonight.  We are 3-8, and not a very good team right now.....in any area.  Coaching as well as individual players are certainly all accountable for this.  But....I just did not see the give up tonight at least.  Also, did not see anyone joking around on the sideline, though I was concentrating more on the action on the field...and occasionally in the stands.

The teams officially quit on shanny. He needs to pack it up & leave asap. The lack of talent on this team is an embarrassment

there is talent on this team, if there wasn't than how do you explain last year?? This roster is almost the exact same as last year. It is the coaching, and Shanahans inability to use the talent that he has on the second string, example why is he not using Fred Davis? Why not put Tom Compton and Adam Gettis in on the OL, how much worse could it really be.

I think the D continued to play hard. They got outplayed, mostly Josh Wilson who was a dog, but the effort wasn't an issue. They wilted because the O did nothing but go 3 and out all night, not much you can do about that. But I don't think the D quit. They're hampered by a combination of bad players at key spots, should be stars underperforming, and awful coaching.

The O has quit. It's very reminiscent of the Ramsey/Campbell/Beck days when the guys knew they had no chance due to their QB. I've seen more fight when the guys were playing with Rex because he could at least run an NFL offense.

OUTCOACHED! WE CALLED 20 WR SCREENS (no rb screens)

Fred Davis...didnt even see him at all.

Josh Wilson not being benched or getting help

All 3 instances inexcusable.

Can't see why Chase Minnifield hasn't been given a shot if it is true that Wilson couldn't even put on his shoe during this week of practice because his toe was so swollen. Just another example in my opinion that Shanahan has no concern for his players health.

So try again if you want, but obviously I am the only one of us who did think before I posted! 

I'm sorry... What?

You posted complete and utter garbage, that exhibited little thought, and only comes off as another Angry Man Thread, just like all the other dumb threads that get posted on here after games.

Lets examine this step by step:

I could go on and on about the play to prove my point...

Which is what you probably should have done, but instead you went Alice In Wonderland with this:

BUT, look no further than the post game. As soon as they were humiliated once again on national TV, all I saw was a bunch of guys running around with HUGE smiles on there face giving high fives and laughing with the other team that just made them look pathetic once again to a national audience!

Which is complete and utter bull****. Guys have friends on other teams, guys show sportsmanship. They arent going to show their ass and throw stuff on the field, and look for someone to fight, only to satisfy dumb fans misplaced anger. Just because someone is smiling doesnt mean they're not pissed off. Just because you see them "High fiving" other players does not mean that once they got behind closed doors, they all let out their collective frustration. I'm sick and tired of this stupid psychoanalysis thats starting to become all too common in sports. You aren't Dr. Phil... (not that I care about him anyway). Stop trying to act like it.

Stop trying to act like guys that bust their asses and have worked since youth to get to the NFL, don't care when they fail. The one thing that I can commend Shanahan on is not playing guys who havent earned their keep, and half ass it during the week of preparation. Sucking is not the same as quitting. Do you understand? Thats the easiest thing in the world to say because other angry people will agree just because they're angry. and confused. And its gotten old (you arent the only one though)

I hate this! I should be used to it by now, but I'm not and I hate it!   

And that is the only reason why you started a thread. Basically, it was "I'm angry, let me make an angry thread." You know why? Because that is all you showed in your post. 

There is a coach with full autonomy over all football decisions. There is a defense that fails to get consistent pressure. There is a defense devoid of talent (or enough talent). There is a DC that is in over his head, and fails when it comes to counter adjustments.

There is a sp teams that is the worst I have ever seen. There is an offense with an o-line that cannot pass protect in traditional drop back situations. There is an offense that is not built to come back from huge deficits. There is an offense that lacks talent. There is an offense with a quarterback who has not fully developed. There is an offense that is run by a coordinator who leaves a little to be desired when it comes to route sophistication, utilization of players, and overall playcalling in certain situations.

Basically, there is a lot to discuss with this team, but instead, you focus on the players smiling after the game is over, and provide nothing other than your angry opinion, then wonder why someone is questioning your logic.

Agree with most.....don't think we have given up, we just plain suck in some pretty important phases of the game:

OL (minus Trent)

Teams

Secondary (minus Hall)

If I'm not mistaken, Trent got beat for 2 sacks tonight but the whole line is just a sieve right now and that is really the most troubling aspect of the last 2 games. The teams and the secondary are no real surprise but the O-line has just been abused recently and to the point where it seems unlikely that Griffin will survive another game.

Of course we have no deep passing game to speak of and the intermediary stuff is hard to find or Griffin ends up missing the open guys so it's kind of like blood in the water for a defense.  Especially one as dynamic up front as the 9ers.

I'll help the deaf, dumb, and blind in here.

Quit = being down 24-6 and running the draw play on 3rd & 18 in the 3rd quarter.

Quit = taking your foot off the gas on offense in the fourth when you should be showing some fight.

Quit

You said priority number one was keeping Robert healthy, but when our coaching staff, knowing the game was over, raised the white flag to protect our guys, it made you mad? 

This team just isn't very good. Then griffin tries to do too much and feels he always has to make a play and holds the ball too long. The season just needs to end so we can get some cap space, sign some players and get to work syncing things up during the offseason. If we have the smallest o line in the league like they said, why in gods name are we trying drop back passing. *knock on wood* but I'm just waiting for the inevitable key crucial injury to one of the few players that do have talent on this team that screws up their off season work to cap this season off *knock on wood*. Griffin, Reed, Morris, Garçon, Williams should be done for the year, time to evaluate the younger guys to see exactly what we need next year and how much depth. Sit them all down so there isn't a huge firestorm that griffin isn't playing anymore. The defense... Who cares I really don't care if its mostly new players with new coaches so all of them can keep playing.

Robert just isn't himself without his speed and it effects everything. Defenses know he isn't a threat and just blow up our offensive line and smother our WRs. Well, looking forward to next year like always no way Griffin doesn't work his tail off to get better and hopefully they will add at least 3 new lineman.

Just picked a random thread to make this thought:

We're clearly trying to use year 2 as a pocket-passing progression for RG3.  

Are we not emulating the unacceptable, overbearing line push with our defensive line in practice?  To put it simply:  I know our offensive line is lighter than any in the league, but isn't our defensive line pretty much standard weight/push/strength?  Is RG3 getting the normal, expected 3-4 seconds to work these plays in practice?  Am I wrong?  Should you not expect 3-4 seconds for plays to develop?  Ideally, 2-3 seconds, but there are no seconds.  We're asking RG3 to be BEYOND Peyton Manning in terms of getting rid of the ball quick.  How can we not see this in practice???

Perhaps Kyle and co. understand this, and have quick routes that RG3 is not seeing?  Still, a hell of a lot to ask from a QB, knee surgery or not. 

I can't believe how badly this offense is failing - the one thing we had to lay our hats on, the one thing that has had me defending the Shannahans.  

I hate playing arm-chair coach, but this one thing... this pocket passing without being able to make a pocket....and trying to do it anyway, over and over and over, and putting Logan Paulsen on their pass rusher, and all the obvious things.  HOW have they NOT said, **** IT:  nothing but option plays (ala New Orleans week one 2012...RG3 is smart, and will make the best of those plays), rollouts, or otherwise ANYTHING that gets RG3 on the move so a ****ing play can have time to develop.  One silver lining, so to speak, is RG3 is still a hell of a passer on the run, running left or right.  HOW long will the coaches continue this nonsense, they HAVE to KNOW, it WILL   NOT    WORK.

RG3 CAN run whatever offense you want.  He can make reads and throws.  No one can do it with their center in their lap.  I almost want to go make a series of .gifs for you all to see how repeatedly he has no time to work.  GIVE HIM TIME TO WORK.  MOVE HIM.  Russel -too short to ride the roller coaster- Wilson is made to move so he can make plays, because he his trusted to make plays on the move.  RG3 is FAR MORE competent and able to make such plays than Russel Wilson, but he's being asked to drop back and hitch and crap and it never works.

This is insane.  I've seen enough.  This season could have been a failure, and I could have been on board, but it cannot have been THIS much of a failure.  We should have lost to San Diego, and we should be nothing more than a 2 win team.  At this point, I feel like we might light some fire with the rest of our NFCEast matches coming up, but it will be nothing more than circumstance, just as the Chargers somehow not getting in the endzone was circumstance.  Just as the Raiders being injured and crappy was circumstance, just as Jay Cutler's groin being destroyed was circumstance (despite Josh McCown).  

This team can barely win anything.  I keep the RG3 injury and recovery in mind at all times.  But it simply can't be THIS bad.  Goodybye, coaches. 

Archived