Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread - Redskins Verses 49ers - Final

JimmiJo

Not true. Before I fell asleep I saw 2 bootlegs. On the first one Aldon Smith had a bead on Griffin but Griffin made a horrible decision and passed up a short gain to Paulsen. The second bootleg the OLB didn't crash hard and Paulsen ran his route into Garcon resulting in an incompletion but both Paulsen and Garcon were open.

SUM: 2 Bootlegs both open 1 mistake by Griffin; 1 mistake by Paulsen

You're right. I think that they got scared calling them because they weren't working.

The second play you referenced was the most depressing of the night.  They had worked to set that play up for about a quarter, and then goofed it up.

What is to be gained by playing Griffin for the last 5 games?  I understand the team is theoretically still "in it", but IMO he (and the team) is not going to improve this season, and judging by the number of licks he's taken the past few games, he is going to get hurt again, it's just a matter of time.  It my cause a **** storm controversy wise, but he is the future of the Skins, and there is nothing to be gained by trotting him out there game after game to take the shots he's taking.

I was at this game, and was disappointed again. Wilson has to go! Everyone kept calling who they were going to target. Kaepernick targeted anyone Wilson was guarding. Robert has to get better with his accuracy, and I hope it's because he's partially still injured. Robert was way more accurate with the ball when he wasn't injured.

Grant Paulsen‏@granthpaulsen1m

Wow. Ouch. RT @RobCarlinCSN Vinny Cerato on 105.7 in Baltimore: "They still blame me? We were never 3-8.. We never had only 30 yards."

My God....

(pours gasoline on self, stares at box of matches in hand)

What is to be gained by playing Griffin for the last 5 games?  I understand the team is theoretically still "in it", but IMO he (and the team) is not going to improve this season, and judging by the number of licks he's taken the past few games, he is going to get hurt again, it's just a matter of time.  It my cause a **** storm controversy wise, but he is the future of the Skins, and there is nothing to be gained by trotting him out there game after game to take the shots he's taking.

You can't bench him. It sends the wrong message to the team that Robert is above them and can't risk injury in meaningless games. They're NFL players including Griffin. They have to play and we just hope for the best. He needs to be out there leading his troops into battle even if they are facing certain doom. 

Not true. Before I fell asleep I saw 2 bootlegs. On the first one Aldon Smith had a bead on Griffin but Griffin made a horrible decision and passed up a short gain to Paulsen. The second bootleg the OLB didn't crash hard and Paulsen ran his route into Garcon resulting in an incompletion but both Paulsen and Garcon were open.

SUM: 2 Bootlegs both open 1 mistake by Griffin; 1 mistake by Paulsen

I would also point out that calling for moving pockets and rollouts isn't necessarily the same as endorsing leaving one of the league's most feared pass rushers completely unblocked and then running our QB over towards him.

I would also point out that calling for moving pockets and rollouts isn't necessarily the same as endorsing leaving one of the league's most feared pass rushers completely unblocked and then running our QB over towards him.

I know right? But I didn't even want to get into the play design but yeah if you call a bootleg to Aldon's side you better be damn sure that he's chasing in the run game or you need to have a blocker for him.

Didn't get to watch the game but listened. All I knew for sure was who ever caught the ball beat Wilson in coverage and the OL got exposed for as bad as they are. Doc said it best, how do you continually start the same 5 and they're this bad as a whole. Morris had zero room to operate. They knew they could crush the pocket at will on passing downs. So Wilson singlehandedly gives Kap his first passing game over 150yds in 3 wks and the OL decided to play opossum tonight. Now how does Cousins fix this? Was RGIII the reason we lost. No escape goating this week. Piss poor coaching. Amerson couldn't have done worse. Haz never thought to switch Wilson off? This is Shanny's trademark OL? Davis is that bad he couldn't play over Paulson or NILES PAUL? Didn't Morgan look like he could contribute? Too much Shanny ego. Not enough results. Zorn really not looking at that bad now. RGIII was hurt this offseason. Not the entire team. Everyone has regressed. That's just bad or lack of coaching.

I was there, and it's amazing how fast the 49ers defence can apply pressure to our QB, and how we could barely generate pressure all game. 

My God....

(pours gasoline on self, stares at box of matches in hand)

You can't bench him. It sends the wrong message to the team that Robert is above them and can't risk injury in meaningless games. They're NFL players including Griffin. They have to play and we just hope for the best. He needs to be out there leading his troops into battle even if they are facing certain doom. 

LMFAO!! But is this true? :o

I know right? But I didn't even want to get into the play design but yeah if you call a bootleg to Aldon's side you better be damn sure that he's chasing in the run game or you need to have a blocker for him.

We ran the same thing 3 times against Minnesota. While they don't have Smith (at least one of those plays was to Jared Allen's side, though), the result each time was the same- Griffin running for his life and then flinging the ball away.

I really have a hard time seeing how anyone thinks Kyle's doing something brilliant with the play-calling/design.

We ran the same thing 3 times against Minnesota. While they don't have Smith (at least one of those plays was to Jared Allen's side, though), the result each time was the same- Griffin running for his life and then flinging the ball away.

I really have a hard time seeing how anyone thinks Kyle's doing something brilliant with the play-calling/design.

The sad part is the solution to the outside zone run vs QB keep problem is so, so simple: zone read.

Want to call a bootleg but are unsure whether the backside DE is staying home? Use zone read and let the QB read the backside DE. Zone read combines the stretch run and QB keep into the same play.

I didn't watch the game last night. I was too depressed from having the vet come put my beloved pet to sleep. I was hoping to wake up to a win. Grief makes you unreasonable....lol.

Anyway, could someone fill me in as to why Shanahan hates Fred Davis?

Thanks in advance!

Watching RG's post game interview----Hey Robert, yes God gives you another day to be better. But, not correcting past mistakes is crazy. Find another excuse for this team.

Oh, and fire these damn coaches.

I didn't watch the game last night. I was too depressed from having the vet come put my beloved pet to sleep. I was hoping to wake up to a win. Grief makes you unreasonable....lol.

Anyway, could someone fill me in as to why Shanahan hates Fred Davis?

Thanks in advance!

Watching RG's post game interview----Hey Robert, yes God gives you another day to be better. But, not correcting past mistakes is crazy. Find another excuse for this team.

Oh, and fire these damn coaches.

Sorry to quote myself, but I just found the Fred Davis thread. God, I'm blind!

I can't believe we're actually going 5-11 this year. OK, in this game the O obviously never showed up, but I'll give the D a little credit for holding the 49ers to only 10 in the first half. After that it was no pressure (as usual) with the Josh Wilson target practice (please cut this guy after the season). But THAT didn't matter anyways, 'cause even if the D held them to the 10 the rest of the game, our O again was back in their stooges mode. I can't believe that the only highlight from the game was the hurry up successful FG on ST's. And again, as always and for always Shanahan loses track of time and wastes time outs etc. He must be in the same ozone space and time as Wilson...

huh?wha?oh!

You're right, we'll never know because it didn't happen.  I'll address two things.  Offense looking good:  the entire team looked solid during the preseason.  Pat White looked like a NFL starter.  Obviously preseason performance means nothing.  Teammates showing confidence:  I would hope so!

Press conference behavior:  I'm sure he's frustrated and not used to losing.  I'm sure he wants to say @$#% you and walk away.

Benching guys:  I'm not sure we have better players available.  The oline could actually be much worse with LeReibus and Compton.

You could be right the OL might be worse, but at least we should find out now so we can better evaluate what we will prioritize in the draft. Also, Chase Minnifield should have his shot at starting now, Wilson is obviously hurting.,

Archived