Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES - Redskins vs 49ers Temporary game day thread cause JimmiJo is running late :p

TK

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

LANDOVER, Md. – The teams have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for tonight’s game between the Washington Redskins and San Francisco 49ers:

For the Washington Redskins:

-          No. 8 QB Rex Grossman

-          No. 36 FB Darrel Young

-          No. 48 S Jose Gumbs

-          No. 51 LB Brandon Jenkins

-          No. 67 G Josh LeRibeus

-          No. 72 DE Stephen Bowen

-          No. 86 TE Jordan Reed

Earlier in the week, the team placed No. 85 WR Leonard Hankerson on the Reserve/Injured list.

The team promoted No. 18 WR Lance Lewis from its practice squad. Lewis (6-2, 207) is a 25-year-old first-year player who played collegiately at East Carolina.

No. 15 Joshua Morgan is expected to start in place of Hankerson at wide receiver.

No. 84 Niles Paul is expected to start in place of Young at fullback.

No. 92 Chris Baker is expected to start in place of Bowen at right defensive end.

For the San Francisco 49ers:

-          No. 5 QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson

-          No. 11 WR Quinton Patton

-          No. 25 CB Tarell Brown

-          No. 77 G Mike Iupati

-          No. 88 TE Garrett Celek

-          No. 91 DT Ray McDonald

-          No. 95 DT Tank Carradine

No. 26 Tramaine Brock is expected to start in place of Brown at right cornerback.

No. 68 Adam Snyder is expected to start in place of Iupati at left guard.

No. 83 Demarcus Dobbs is expected to start in place of McDonald at left defensive tackle.

While JJ tries to get the tp off his shoe, go check out this piece by my buddy John Keim.

Gruden weighs in on RG III, Shanahans

ESPN "Monday Night Football" analyst Jon Gruden visited with me for a few minutes Monday morning to discuss the important topics surrounding the Washington Redskins. He's a fan of both the quarterback and the coaches. 

In general, how important is it for a coach and quarterback to get along -- and what does that really mean? 

Jon Gruden: First of all, I don’t know what’s true and what isn’t. There’s a lot of modern-day self-induced smoke. So I don’t know if there’s a rift or isn’t. But it’s important that you get along professionally. You don’t have to be best friends, you don’t have to have the same interests, but professionally you have to, I think, trust each other and have a great daily working relationship. There’s an awful lot at stake. They guy touching the ball every play and the man calling the plays, they have to unite and professionally work together. 

You used the word trust and that’s a word we hear a lot when it comes to this relationship. How do you develop that? 

Gruden: I just visited with the Redskins. I know Mike [shanahan] and Kyle [shanahan] worked for me in Tampa and here’s a young quarterback that’s not playing very good and it’s the first time he’s been faced with adversity and now people question his leadership and various reports of him not wanting to show bad plays. There’s a lot of things that I didn’t hear when I was over there. 

MORE: http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/3208/gruden-weighs-in-on-rg-iii-shanahans?src=mobile

LOL....can we lock Jim Haslett in the bathroom or something till the games over

You ever seen the two of them together anywhere? Hmm..........

Spiffer is on the field, huh? Nice.

See. This is why the professionals get to the stadium hours before kickoff instead of an hour before. ;)

Archived