Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: District police investigating random attacks similar to ‘knockout game’

China

District police investigating random attacks similar to ‘knockout game’

One woman was punched in the face as she crested a hill on her bicycle in Northwest Washington. Another was hit in the back of the head as she walked to a bus stop. Neither was robbed, and after one attack, the young men laughed as they made their escape.

D.C. police say the recent attacks in Columbia Heights may be part of a disturbing trend that assailants across the country call the “knockout game.” Youths challenge one another to knock out a random person with a single punch.

The Internet is giving attackers bragging rights far beyond their circle of friends or even their neighborhoods. One particularly brutal video from New Jersey showing a young man hitting a woman from behind, sending her face first to the pavement, has a half-million views on YouTube. In recent years, such attacks have turned deadly in St. Louis and Upstate New York.

“Regardless if you call it the knockout game or not, it’s a senseless act,” said Phoebe Connelly, 32, who was attacked Saturday night as she rode her bike on 11th Street NW. The Vermont resident visits the District often for her job, which involves running youth leadership programs.

Click on the link for the full article

In related news...

Marvell Weaver: Teen Fails ‘Knockout Game,’ Gets Shot by Intended Victim (+Photos)

Marvell Weaver, a 17-year-old Lansing, MI resident, recently failed at the so-called knockout game and got shot and arrested.

The infamous game is where young people try to knock out random people with one punch.

Weaver hopped out of a van with two of his friends, and tried to attack an unidentified man with a taser.

But the taser didn’t work, and the would-be victim was conceal-carrying a .40 caliber pistol, reported WILX.

The man then shot Weaver twice, in the leg and near his spine, and Weaver was later arrested.

Click on the link for the full article

This is starting to happen all over the place.  Also called "Polar Bear Hunting", incidents have popped up in like 8 different states.   It's apparently been going on for some time but has not been reported on.  

Yessiree, that is what Drudge has been trying to sell to terrified conservatives.  An unprecidented wave of black-on-white crime, that the media refuses to report about and that Eric Holder refuses to prosecute.  

All the cool people on Free Republic and the Blaze know this.

Yessiree, that is what Drudge has been trying to sell to terrified conservatives.  An unprecidented wave of black-on-white crime, that the media refuses to report about and that Eric Holder refuses to prosecute.  

All the cool people on Free Republic and the Blaze know this.

Yeah, I guess you are right.  It's all in our heads.   Should we close this thread now?

Next time, the idiot won't survive because he'll have a bullet in his head. That'll teach these dumb asses

Might take quite a few, seeing as some people learn a little slow. Sometimes I really wonder why people are in such a rush to die (potentially). It's so stupid, and the consequences of it are severe, depending on who you run into. 

Yeah, I guess you are right.  It's all in our heads.   Should we close this thread now?

"This is starting to happen all over the place...  "It's apparently been going on for some time but has not been reported on."

Looks like it is deep inside your head anyway.  

This belief in an epidemic of black-on-white crime that the press and law enforcement conspire to keep secret is an old one, and crazies have been sending newspapers mimeographed manifestos on the subject for years. It’s a common topic of discussion at white supremacist message boards and in the comments sections of newspapers, which are often indistinguishable from white supremacist newsletters. It was the sort of crap Ron Paul’s famous newsletters would cover, back when he was trying to win the “rednecks” over to the libertarian cause. The sort of people who obsess over this **** are of course older, white and likely already terrified of America’s urban areas and black neighborhoods. They are also sort of hilarious, in a creepy way: Their primary argument is that they are and you should be constantly petrified, and yet they also think that they are Tough Realists.

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/13/why_conservatives_obsess_over_flash_mobs_and_race_riots/

"This is starting to happen all over the place...  "It's apparently been going on for some time but has not been reported on."

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/13/why_conservatives_obsess_over_flash_mobs_and_race_riots/

Ah yes, Salon dot com, the bastion of complete reporting. 

I know you folks in SF live in a different world, but here in the US, the statistics don't lie.  From FBI:

"Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are three times more likely to use a hand gun, and twice more likely to use a knife."

"

The best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percent of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit a robbery.

Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic."

Instead of showing an op-ed article, just google 'Knockout Game' and see how many different cities are showing the same issue.

More fun, look at Youtube.  I'm sure it's just one or two, just repeated literally hundreds of times :rolleyes: .

This probably has a lot less to do with race and a lot more to do with the basic fact that unsupervised teenagers of any race tend to do stupid things when they have too much time on their hands.  Unfortunately, due to family breakdown in some communities, there are a lot of unsupervised teens - hence, stupid things result.  Sad, really. 

I know you folks in SF live in a different world, but here in the US, the statistics don't lie.  From FBI:

"Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are three times more likely to use a hand gun, and twice more likely to use a knife."

"

The best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percent of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit a robbery.

Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic."

Instead of showing an op-ed article, just google 'Knockout Game' and see how many different cities are showing the same issue.

More fun, look at Youtube.  I'm sure it's just one or two, just repeated literally hundreds of times :rolleyes: .

Poor white people. Just can't catch a break.

"

Just don't actually watch the videos though. The hits give them street cred.

Actually, I was refering to an article from CBS.  Didn't even know that such a prestigious site as Salon was out there.   Sorry about that.

Here is the link I was reading about.   Unfortunately, it's been pulled.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57613157-504083/knockout-game-targeting-victims-in-several-cities-report-says/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/20/kelly-hate-crimes-unit-investigating-some-recent-knockout-incidents/

Here is another link.  Not the exact same article but it's a CBS article.  Still planning on hitting the Salon site though.

I remember they used to do this back in the days, but it was to homeless dudes. I remember one boy messed with the wrong homeless man. Dude was a black belt and he crushed that little boy. He asked for it.

But that is what it's going to take for this to stop unfortunately. Fourtunately for me, around my neighborhood, they know not to try that mess on me. They know it won't end good. And I make sure to let the ones around my that I "mentor" if I found out one of them are participating, they are really going to have to deal with me...

It's city and socioeconomic related. Those statistics only take race into account. You think if you were in a suburb or out in the boonies those statistics would still hold true for those races? Very doubtful. 

As far as this trend, it's just another stupid one, and not unique, of teens finding ways to act out. Just like kids out in the country who mess with animals, one day someone gets hurt by their intended target bad enough to where everyone hears about it and then stops. That's probably what will happen here, especially since some have already been shot. 

"

Ok.  Did you just quote an "article" by a Louisiana blogger

quoting "FBI" statistics that "don't lie,"

statistics which the blogger admits actually were put out by the New Century Foundation, not the FBI,

in the book "The Color of Crime"

and did you just try to pass this off as a factual article?

Why yes you did.

The New Century Foundation is an organization founded in 1994 known primarily for publishing American Renaissance. From 1994 to 1999 its activities received considerable funding by the Pioneer Fund,[1][2][3] and has been described as a white supremacist group,[4] which its founder, Jared Taylor, denies, calling it white separatist.

Taylor advocates segregation as a natural expression of racial solidarity while denying that his views constitute white supremacism. Viewing societal problems as racial in nature, Taylor upholds white racial homogeneity as the key to peaceful coexistence. He seesJapan as an exemplar of a racially homogenous society, and views Asians generally as genetically superior in intelligence to whites. He also view whites as genetically superior in intelligence to blacks.

The Color of Crime is a publication by Jared Taylor, describing race differences in criminal offending in the United States.[8] The study argues that African Americans and Hispanics are disproportionately overrepresented among criminal offenders, while Asian Americansare underrepresented. The publication also says that there is more Black-on-White interracial crime than there is White-on-Black crime, and that contrary to popular belief, Blacks commit more white-collar crime than do Whites.

The publication also claims that the police are not biased against Blacks or other ethnic groups. The publication concludes by saying that research into race differences in criminal behavior is a worthwhile pursuit and suggests that immigration policy consider these differences....

The Southern Poverty Law Center called it "a kind of Bible" among its supporters but has argued that the reason for the disparity in crime rates shown in the publication is not Black genetics, but rather, the fact that Blacks have a lower socioeconomic status. The SPLC center accuses Taylor of selection bias in his statistics...   In Hate Crimes, Barbara Perry refers to the book as a classic of the genre of output by white nationalist academic racists.

I'm not saying you are a racist, btfoom.  But you really need to be more check your sources more carefully.  

By the way, when you linked us to that "article" did you get a chance to read the other links the author sent you to?  Nice white supremecits stuff.  

Oh, and the comments people made to the "article"?  More good stuff.

"Socioeconomics? You have been thrown nothing but welfare programs for jobs and education, and you still manage to jack that up. Also, if I beat your but, and called you n**** in the process, I will get a federal hate crime, yet your "corrupt" government, won't do it for blacks who committed crimes against whites such as the Labor Day Massacre and Wichita Massacre (google it). You are what 18% of the population, and you want to upset all the others, the Asians, Hispanics, and Whites, do you want to be run the f*** down? Because people like me are getting madder and madder each day, way to piss me off, (PS after a tour in Iraq as a Combat Infantryman, United States Marine Corp, I know how to fight and don't have white fright... you fing N****r)."

"The way to end this is for white people to stand together and stop feeling guilty for slavery after all we were all slaves sometime in the past.There must be something deficent in the black intellect that makes them savages, lazy and for the most part unworthy of help because they never change.I would gladly pay for one black family to go back to Africa and see how well they fare there amongst there own kind."

"Outstanding, I will chip in"

"Restore white dominance in the United States and such terrible tales will be history, as such racist dogs would have the fear of God put into their dark hearts and be sent swiftly packing to whatever country they belong.

The United States by Grand Design (White and Christian)  Renew America by Restoring White Dominance"

"Blacks will stop hunting Whites only when they fear to touch a White. Now they simply act on either planning or impulse. They beat White children on a school buses, they beat Whites in Denver in roving gangs, they attack Whites at evening shows in Ohio screaming "It's a Black World". They rape and pillage and rob and worship it in their culture and their music and when anyone notices, they say, "Youz racist!". They invent new words for Whites to learn like "Carjack". They corrupt the language even to its common meanings. Want an example? How about "Drive by."

"THIS is a perfect EXAMPLE of why it is *not*

a moral wrong to STERILIZE BLACK MALES

(while still others should be castrated) – and then

then move on to also sterilize the black females.

They are the ONLY group in history to contribute

nearly NOTHING to society -- other than violence,

low brain-functioning offspring (who they, in their

arrogance and ignorance, then force society to raise),

leeching off of others, disease, sexual irresponsibility

demands for preferential-treatment; constant-whining;

and (as evidenced in case-after-case) double-standards.

Even though there is the occasional, anomalous black

who has honestly 'bootstrapped their way to the success'

-- everyone know that 99% of all of the black people, in

general and all over the world, should simply be sterilized

If our society considers itself to be “moral” then we all know

that sterilization (and often castration) of the black male is

the most decent, most moral choice we can make for them.

The procedure is cheap and painless AND it helps prevent

the arrival of innocent offspring being brought into a world

where those who sired them care nothing about them and

where they are forced to live as mental and moral inferiors.

It’s a win-win for everyone involved and for the entire planet."

It goes on and on and on

I am constantly amazed when I walk in DC, how many people are unaware of their surroundings.

If you have ear buds in, are talking on the phone/texting and walking, and are alone, you could be a target of some real assholes.

Simple solution: Be aware of what is going on around you. Don't  be a sitting duck

Actually, I was refering to an article from CBS.  Didn't even know that such a prestigious site as Salon was out there.   Sorry about that.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/20/kelly-hate-crimes-unit-investigating-some-recent-knockout-incidents/

Here is another link.  Not the exact same article but it's a CBS article.  Still planning on hitting the Salon site though.

The Salon piece is kind of snotty, but the point it makes is accurate.

Just so its clear, I am not claiming that black people and hispanic people do not commit a larger percentage of crime.  They do.  They are the poorest and most marginalized members of our society, and that is where the most crime happens.   The breakdown of the African American family makes it that much worse.

What I am claiming is that there is no sudden hidden epidemic of blacks attacking white people for no reason, and the media won't report it, and law enforcement doesn't care, etc.  That is bull****, bull**** that Drudge and World Net Daily are peddling to grab page hits.  

There are over 300 million people in this country.   There will always be a few horrible incidents if you look for them.  There always have been in the past too.  However, a few videos on youtube and some breathless headlines by Matt Drudge do not demonstrate an epidemic in a country this size.

Do you remember all the stories about "Jelly bracelets" - girls were wearing rubber bracelets and if a boy snapped them, they had to have sex.  Total bull****.  How about all the stories about Jenkem, the drug made from fermented feces that all the urban thugs were supposedly taking?  Total bull****.  

I am constantly amazed when I walk in DC, how many people are unaware of their surroundings.

If you have ear buds in, are talking on the phone/texting and walking, and are alone, you could be a target of some real assholes.

Simple solution: Be aware of what is going on around you. Don't  be a sitting duck

But at the same time, don't be a paranoid fool.  Statistically, it's really not that dangerous out there, even in the middle of big cities.   And you really, really don't have to worry about roving gangs of black hoodlums looking for "polar bears" like you to assault.  The chance of that happening is about one in 10 million.

P. do you think there is any relationship between these instances? Or just all random acts with similar mo's?

Primarily, I think it is sheer numbers and modern technology.  The internet gives Matt Drudge the ability to gather one incident from Kansas City and one incident from DC and one incident from Phoenix and once incident from Tampa, and create an "epidemic of crime" that does not exist.   In a country of 300 plus million people, there are bad eggs out there, and terrible stories.  Plus, like anything else, there are always a few copycats out there.  Some asshole sees a youtube video and decides to emulate it.  Just like with school shootings.  But you still don't have anything like the hidden, covered up random violence against Whitey epidemic that SOME conservatives believe is happening.  That is a creation of the echo chamber media they consume, not of reality.  

ps- just listing "statistics" on black and white crime can be horribly misleading.  For example, there are ten times as many white people as black people in this country.  

Anyone who has taken statistics 101 can tell you that even if crime was completely, totally random vis a vis race, it still would be ten times more likely for "blacks to commit a violent crime against whites as vice versa."  That is because black people are only 10 percent or so of the population.  

For simplicity, lets assume that 90 percent of people in our group are white and 10 percent are black (I know there are other classifications but I'm trying to point out a statistical problem).  Thus, there are ten times as many white people availabe to be victims (or one tenth as many blacks available to be victims).    

If a black guy attacked 10 random people, one would be black and nine would be white.  90 percent of his attacks would be against whites.  

If a white guy attacked 10 random people, one would be black and nine would be white.  Only 10 percent of his attacks would be against blacks.

Does this show an epidemic of black on white crime because "blacks are ten times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites as vice versa?"   Of course not.

Sure. But I think it's naive to think this kind of attack isn't related. Not like a coordinated effort but more one group of thugs hears about it and sees it on YouTube and copies it. It's not a statement about race or an indication of a greater conspiracy. But it's pretty obvious there's a connection.

Sure. But I think it's naive to think this kind of attack isn't related. Not like a coordinated effort but more one group of thugs hears about it and sees it on YouTube and copies it. It's not a statement about race or an indication of a greater conspiracy. But it's pretty obvious there's a connection.

Why is it obvious?  And what does it mean, if your chances of it actually happening to you are less than the chance of being hit by lightning?  I live in the middle of a major city.  I work on the edge of skid row.  I walk around day and night.  I see drug addicts and hobos and all the detritus of society.  I have never seen a roving gang of black thugs looking to attack me because I'm white.  No one I know has ever seen that, and I know a lot of people.  No one you know has ever seen it either.

But thanks to the magic of the internet, we can all FEEL like its happening all around us every day.  Because it happened once in Minneapolis six months ago, and something sorta similar might have happened in Philadelphia a few weeks ago, and someone else claims that something kind of the same happened in Seattle a while back...  

And thanks to Matt Drudge and WorldNetDaily and the Blaze and Breitbart, conservatives who rarely leave that echo chamber can believe that it is an epidemic of "polar bear hunting": that all those the cities they never, ever visit are like Mad Max with negroes swarming every white person they see, that the media is covering it up, and that law enforcement is turning a blind eye.   

Archived