Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ProFootballFocus ranks Redskins O-Line 4th best in the league!

aLuck

I don't see it this year! We're occasionally very good on the run. But they are responsible for '3 just about getting killed many times this season. Honestly, I don't even know if they are in the top half as a unit. They at the very least are terribly inconsistent this season!

Summary: They’ve given RG3 plenty of time and have that zone blocking scheme opening big cutback lanes. Special credit to Tyler Polumbus who has really stepped it up.

Here is where I suspect that the writer has a crack addiction. "They've given RG3 plenty of time."  Really?!!

AND

It speaks for the continuity of the outfit that the end product is often so good.

DUDE! We're 3-7!  N.O.T.H.I.N.G. is "so good!"

They’ve given RG3 plenty of time

Alright, this is where I call shenanigans. Yes, a case can be made that RGIII is holding on to the ball too long, but in every gave I've watched, there are defensive linemen and linebackers in the backfield as soon as the snap is made. There is no way this O-Line is even close to being in the top 10, much less the top 5.

Why is this troll still posting here??

Weren't you just talking big **** about RGIII in another thread? Why do you care about our team?

Umm no. Griffin is a phenemonal talent. I've praised him more than many of the knee jerk 'fans' on here.

The Skins are an interesting team atm, i was just sharing what a respected and popular website says about your O-Line and thought it would sour some discussion.

Umm no. Griffin is a phenemonal talent. I've praised him more than many of the knee jerk 'fans' on here.

The Skins are an interesting team atm, i was just sharing what a respected and popular website says about your O-Line and thought it would sour some discussion.

"Almost as if Griffin hurt his progression and transition to a pocket passer by running the ball so much, almost as if running the ball too much results in injuries and inconsistency.... hmmmm

Have fun fellas, you jeopordized the future of your quarterback and your only chance for sustained success by focusing too much on his rookie year accomplishments, your QB has missed out on vital first year progress.

And some people here honestly need a reality check, you really want to bench him? do you really have a Nick Foles sitting on that bench? is this the sample you're going to use to punish this man? 10 or so games in his second season when he had you DROOLING only 11 games ago? Griffin isn't some 'prospect' you dump after a ****ty season, he's NOT disposable -  you literally leveraged your entire future on this proven Pro Bowler and you abandon him when he doesn't drag the baggage of years of mismanagement, the loss (via the trade) of multiple starting players and a generally awful football team to the playoffs?

He's not Andrew Luck you know..."

Troll. 

I feel

"Almost as if Griffin hurt his progression and transition to a pocket passer by running the ball so much, almost as if running the ball too much results in injuries and inconsistency.... hmmmm

Have fun fellas, you jeopordized the future of your quarterback and your only chance for sustained success by focusing too much on his rookie year accomplishments, your QB has missed out on vital first year progress.

And some people here honestly need a reality check, you really want to bench him? do you really have a Nick Foles sitting on that bench? is this the sample you're going to use to punish this man? 10 or so games in his second season when he had you DROOLING only 11 games ago? Griffin isn't some 'prospect' you dump after a ****ty season, he's NOT disposable -  you literally leveraged your entire future on this proven Pro Bowler and you abandon him when he doesn't drag the baggage of years of mismanagement, the loss (via the trade) of multiple starting players and a generally awful football team to the playoffs?

He's not Andrew Luck you know..."

Troll. 

I think I was pretty fair tbh

RG3 is trying to transition into more like Aaron Rodgers this season when he could've done the transition (and perhaps sacrificed a playoff birth) in his rookie year. I don't think it's his fault or anything

I'm sure I'm just piling on that poor dead horse but too many times this season I've seen defenders come right through Monty to RG3.  Guy has no room to step up into the pocket.

I agree that run blocking is good but our pass pro is pretty suspect from every spot except for LT.

Definitely not 4th in the NFL good.

Why is this troll still posting here??

Weren't you just talking big **** about RGIII in another thread? Why do you care about our team?

he's probably an Andrew Luck fan... it seems most people believe the hype with Luck, but if you look at his stats i dont see the next Peyton, he is closer to the next Alex Smith

I wonder how often Griffin has called the wrong protection and made the line appear worse than it really is.

Wish I knew but if thats the case , he needs to let go of the ball and if hes calling more the wrong thing get it together before he gets himself hurt and i dont know what kind of slide hes doing but he needs to correct it before they give him another concussion 

This article is hilarious, but I know some people think we have a pretty good OL and I always want to ask- based on what? Our run game? Do you know WHY everyone always comments that Morris is spectacular in his ability to run through contact? BECAUSE HE'S GETTING HIT AT THE LOS CONSTANTLY.

Honestly if Morris wasn't such a beast at breaking that first tackle our rushing stats would be much worse

Exactly what is the benefit of Mike's ZBS, racking up tons of yards and being listed in the league leaders on offense, when we cannot run for 1 yard when needed, and struggle to pass even when having established the run, and utilizing play action?

Yes running does help ball control, milking the clock, but it seems to also limit us, make us one dimensional. 

I for one hate that we cannot run for one yard up the gut. No QB sneaks are even tried. Kyle has finally started using the FB to pound it some, and has gotten a little better. I also hate that we cannot prevent the pocket collapsing on almost every passing play.

Being a great run team, but one that cannot run for one yard, just makes me want to step back and re-evaluate just how great a run team we really are.  Of course being a long time skins fan, I see the benefit of being able to run for one yard. Its in my DNA.

Archived