Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does (NOT should) Shanahan get a fifth year as head coach?

Mursilis

I never said I THINK he's going to stay, but I do WANT him to stay. Stupid is thinking a new head coach will be better than the Super Bowl winning coach we currently have.

Fire the lame duck DC, keep Shanahan. Show me a better option. I'll wait.

If we CAN'T find a better option than a guy who has lost the second most games in his first four years in Redskins history (He tied Norval yesterday in 3 fewer games. Did you want to keep Turner?), and will probably sit with the most loses all by his lonesome in 2 more games; then we should ALL give up. 

Hail. 

If we CAN'T find a better option than a guy who has lost the second most games in his first four years in Redskins history (He tied Norval yesterday in 3 fewer games. Did you want to keep Turner?), and will probably sit with the most loses all by his lonesome in 2 more games; then we should ALL give up.

7 out of 11 years with double digit losses.

You ignore history my friend.

Shanny needs to go.  A GM needs to be hired.

Your arguments ignore the facts.

We mailed in our fan cards, how quickly people forget what the problems are.

I never said I THINK he's going to stay, but I do WANT him to stay. Stupid is thinking a new head coach will be better than the Super Bowl winning coach we currently have.

Fire the lame duck DC, keep Shanahan. Show me a better option. I'll wait.

Man you really nailed the sarcasm on this one. Very, very authentic.

Oh, wait whut? Its not sarcasm? Lol........that's even funnier lolololololololololololol

How did Einstein define crazy again?

With plenty of cap space available next year IMO it would be a mistake to let the current coaching staff spend the money. The team is headed in the wrong direction and its time to "rebuild" with a new staff. Let the new staff decide how to spend the money (and what players to draft). It's time for a new vision for this team.

7 out of 11 years with double digit losses.

You ignore history my friend.

Shanny needs to go.  A GM needs to be hired.

Your arguments ignore the facts.

We mailed in our fan cards, how quickly people forget what the problems are.

17 out of the last 21 seasons have been non playoff seasons. 

And what? HOW does that excuse this?

I'm ignoring NOTHING man, Just looking at this woefully inept regime that has bottomed out top be worse than Zorn. 

Which is truly a fricking impressive achievement. 

Hail. 

17 out of the last 21 seasons have been non playoff seasons. 

And what? HOW does that excuse this?

I'm ignoring NOTHING man, Just looking at this woefully inept regime that has bottomed out top be worse than Zorn. 

Which is truly a fricking impressive achievement. 

Hail. 

Well we can't find another option because we are an inept organization.  Not sure if you have ever worked for an inept business, manager, owner...but.

Fire Shanny, but don't set off any fireworks.  No celebrations necessary.

Out of 100% what are the chances that Shanahan is coach v the Falcons?

What are the chances he never coaches again?

Seriously. Guy in his 60's. Fired from his last two jobs. One by his staunchest backer and best friend in Denver. And now here amid absolute carnage. MUCH oi his own making. 15 years removed from his last SB victory with ONE playoff win in that time. 

Honestly, I aren't as convinced as many he'll walk straight back into a HC gig. 

Hail. 

Well we can't find another option because we are an inept organization.  Not sure if you have ever worked for an inept business, manager, owner...but.

Fire Shanny, but don't set off any fireworks.  No celebrations necessary.

So it's ultimately all still on Snyder. That's still your take here?

Hail. 

So it's ultimately all still on Snyder. That's still your take here?

Hail. 

No, Shanny has been a disaster.  But you reap what you sow.

Who we going to blame the next 4 years on?

This site almost entirely, literally emailed their fan cards 4 years ago in revolt.

4 years later and NO MAS.

How soon we forget our past.

Hell, people were jumping on me whenever I said lets see Shanny win two years in a row before we call everything fixed.

I believe even you praised the Bruce ALlen/Shanny for righting the course.

'Best hire this organisation has EVER made outside of Gibbs and Lombardi' was my exact words. Yup. That one will take some living down. 

But this is a different owner who now only has the true GM route left to him. 

Make the right decisions now, and we'll turn this behind 10. 

Who the *** else will fix this mess? Which other coach would be a better option than Shanny? Ughhh

24-37. We certainly would be HARD pressed to do much worse,

Hail. 

Shanny has to go. It started way back when he left RG3 in the game last year to get destroyed on the field. Shanny IMO is just collecting a paycheck. He lacks passion, and hunger. Ever see other teams and how the coaches are on the sidelines? Patriots especially...Bill is always with his players talking pumping them up getting mad and showing EMOTION. 

This is a team that looks like a bunch of lost puppies with no clue where to go. Regardless if someone else is better Shanny needs to get his Red Lobster behind out of DC along with the rest of the coaching scrubs. Week after week there is zero improvement what do they do all week play poker? What exactly is being coached.

What wraps it all up is this latest fiasco that Shanny cleared out his office. Wouldnt surprise me in the least and would explain the lack of any improvement in all phases of the game this year. Personally I think the entire coaching staff are scrubs and would rather see Bozo the clown come in here to coach. At least I would be mildly amused. 

What are the chances he never coaches again?

Seriously. Guy in his 60's. Fired from his last two jobs. One by his staunchest backer and best friend in Denver. And now here amid absolute carnage. MUCH oi his own making. 15 years removed from his last SB victory with ONE playoff win in that time. 

Honestly, I aren't as convinced as many he'll walk straight back into a HC gig. 

Hail. 

I think (and hope) you're right.  Shanahan has been nothing but average when he hasn't had one of the greatest QBs of all time and a HoFer propping up his rep.  Hopefully the rest of the NFL learns how completely overrated he is.  Joe Gibbs won three SBs with three different QBs, none of whom would be in the conversation for top 25 of all time - that's coaching, making your personnel play better than it has any right to expect.  When allowed to both build and coach his own team, Shanahan did nothing special. 

I believe if Shanahan wants out, its an indicator that Snyder still doesn't get what it takes to be a winning organization. I believe the head coach should stay. I do believe the head coach should let his son move on if he knows in his heart that it's best for the team. But if Snyder can just stay the course, he'll prove that he's changed for the better and maybe the team gets better. If not, I believe DC will always have poor teams. We all know DC is a transit town where the normal turnover for any job is 3 to 4 years. Every position from Government offficials to contractors are here one day and gone the next. Instant gratification rules the day - Continuity seems to be a cuss word. If you just so happen to win quickly, you'll stay a little longer. But that's lightning in a bottle, not true success. (see RGIII's first year).

To me, its the biggest problem facing this sports town!!!

It takes time to build a successful organization. But DC has a dot.com mentality. I don't care how long we've been waiting for a good team. You can wait until Jesus returns. But insanity is insanity and we all know what insanity is.

If the Redskins change staffs here's what you're looking at:

1. You're looking at changing player personnel. How long does it take to get the guys you want? How many drafts does that take? How long does it take for those guys to buy-in, mature and learn what the team philosophy dictates? Say what you want about the Seahawks and 49ers of the world. To me, that's lightning in a bottle. Let's see where they are 5 years from now. I'm looking more at the Steelers. I'm not even looking at the Patriots (although I'll take it at this point). I believe when Brady retires, New England will be bad for a while. But back to the Redskins.....

2. Normal DC media/fan insanity:

First, everyone will be expecting a positive change to the record. If the team sucks a bit in the first year, we'll blame the old regime. In the second year, we'll expect improvements based on one draft pick and maybe a couple free agent pickups. We forget we still have most of the same players from the old regime learning a new system along with the new guys. Hell, they may not even fit into what the new coaching staff is looking for at that position. But they're under contract, so the new staff has to work with what they got. If a FA don't work out (and sometimes it doesn't), you've just made a bad deal that sets you back to next year. In the third year, the team doesn't improve due to injuries, tough luck, old player getting older or whatever reason. In the forth year, the coach is on the hot seat and still doesn't have the players he needs to succeed. Finally, the new coaching staff is fired and doesn't make it to year five. The cycle starts all over again.

Folks, that's the familiar insanity surrounding the Washington Redskins....

But here's what a winning organization looks like:

1. They understand that success takes time.

2. They are willing to go through tough times for the sake of long term success.

My hope is that Dan Snyder emulates Mr. Rooney:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Pittsburgh_Steelers_five_rings.jpg

Stay the course!!!

Stay the course!!!

:blink:  Do people who post this sort of stuff even watch the games?  We've got a coach who isn't even trying anymore and puts a team out there that's unprepared and has completely quit on their coach.  Plus, that same coach is actively leaking stories designed to sabotage his team, and you want to "stay the course"?!?  That defies all logic.  Shanahan is actually trying to get fired, and you want to keep him?  A foolish continuity is still foolish.  :rolleyes:

Stay the course???? That entire point of view is void when you have a coach that obviously doesnt wanna be there, and has done jack squat to motivate his players to play hard with fight and passion. The man is an emotionless scrub collecting a paycheck.

Cmon wheres the news they fired this man already!

:blink:  Do people who post this sort of stuff even watch the games?  We've got a coach who isn't even trying anymore and puts a team out there that's unprepared and has completely quit on their coach.  Plus, that same coach is actively leaking stories designed to sabotage his team, and you want to "stay the course"?!?  That defies all logic.  Shanahan is actually trying to get fired, and you want to keep him?  A foolish continuity is still foolish.  :rolleyes:

Whats that they say about common sense? ;)

Just saw this on twitter.  Wow Wilbon did nail it.

This says it all and what I have  been saying.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/06/AR2010010602367.html

I disagree. The article says nothing will change because of Snyder. By all accounts, Snyder did what all of us wanted him to do. Step back. He gave Mike control of the organization and just signed the checks. I can't see where that is on Snyder. Wilbon goes on about Shanahan being a "g-word". Snyder hired him for that, gave him the reigns and he failed. That is on the coach/GM, not the owner. Snyder really is in a no win situation here.

The news outlets seem to think it's going down today.  According to Grant Paulsen the major sports outlets all already have satellite trucks and broadcast teams setting up at Redskins park this morning.

I would really be surprised if he doesn't make it through the remainder of the season. That sends a really bad message in any normall situation. But Mike does seem to be doing what he can behind the scenes to force Snyders hand so what do I know. Can we just go back to 1981? :(

The news outlets seem to think it's going down today. According to Grant Paulsen the major sports outlets all already have satellite trucks and broadcast teams setting up at Redskins park this morning.

45]

@granthpaulsen There are already ESPN and Fox Sports 1 satellite trucks in the parking lot at #Redskins Park. NFL Network is on site as well.

Hmmm...they might be camping out there for 3 weeks until they hear anything, lol.

Archived