Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear RG3... an open letter and tough love from a fan.

Mad Mike

Moss should have said that to Robert and not a reporter

I don't disagree with him that good leaders blame themselves when things go badly (and I would add that they praise others when things go well). I just think taking it to the press instead of the man himself is a bad tactic. It makes me worry about our team unity, which I had thought of as a strength.

I like both Santana and Robert, but they disappoint me, first on the field, now off of it.

I like the way that RG3 sails balls 30 yards over recievers heads and then throws up his arms in disgust as if to say ..."why didnt you catch that"  LOL

RG3 is a joke of a QB right now

Not that he can't learn and improve ... but right now, his ego is out of control and he appears to be growing more and more immature with each passing game.

I would love to hear RG3 say after a game like Philly,   "I was terrible today, this was on me.  And I need to improve"  rather than blame everyone and everthing else

This is exactly why RG3 lost the team this year ... He is not a leader and instead looks more like a spoiled brat.

Wow. Wow. Wow.  Our franchise took 2 steps forward last year and now we're 15 steps back.  Playing bad on the field is one thing, but when this begins in the locker room it's like a tumor that continues to metastasis without control.  Our team is just lost right now.  Yet another reason why Snyder needs to absolutely clean house.  Shanahan has lost control, maybe not all of his fault, but at this point I don't care.

It's not an agenda. The dude has no idea how to call plays with the flow of the game. Besides for 7 games last year, It's been an issue his entire time here.

Oh, and he has burned the bridge with the Franchise QB. That's my problem with him. 

This is well said! It's not the balance of attack or lack that is failing in this offense, it's when he is calling the runs vs passes. Late in the game and down 24 points he's running the clock out with 2 runs in a row and no hurry up offense, Ridiculous! A must get 1st down with 3rd down and 1 and pass the ball, Ridiculous! Kyle has no flow this season, he's just blindly splashing in the waters.

A BUNCH OF BS

Love how you skipped the actual press conferences where RG3 first said that he and Shanahan were on the same page and he didn't need to play pre-season, only to be followed by the press conferences where he passive aggressively suggested he could play and wanted to but Shanahan was holding him back. 

Screw the tea shirts and ad campaigns. I couldn't care less. But when he stands up on that podium he starts blaming everyone but himself for his problems. The injury... the rehab schedule... his play.... it's all someone else's fault. 

I could care less about what Griffin says. I care about how he plays.

But if the staff had an issue with Griffin's media appearance they should have gotten in front of it a long, long, time ago.

Imho IF they have or had a problem with Griffin in the media and they didn't address it shame on them, its there own fault for not having a better and more transparent relationship with their most important player.

I hate the all the media stories about Robert being upset with Shanahans.

It started after the injury and never went away. They Shanahans could have gotten in front of it then if it were a problem.

And shame on Robert or his agent/handler's for not having the forsight to quell that talk before it fester.

And fester it did. Whether true or not the perception now is that Griffin has and had a problem with the Shanahan's and Griffin's issues with the Shanahan's is the source of the current problem with the team.

Both Mike and Griffin could have taken the lead and steered this thing away from the current direction.

Both were tone deaf to the media and are now caught in the S storm.

And its getting ugly and it doesn't have to be.

We need to play a game like right now.

No one has crucified him. But complaining about how his comments are being blown out of per portion is just silly. If you are in the public eye and say something that can be taken badly, it will. That's reality. If he doesn't want controversy.... he should shut the hell up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1i-Yw7s-Pw

Buckle up Sally because you've probably got 10+ years of not liking what the leader of the team has to say. QBs speak on the game after the game and if you've got your panties in a twist over these comments then you're surely going to flip your **** at some point on this ride. 

This is well said! It's not the balance of attack or lack that is failing in this offense, it's when he is calling the runs vs passes. Late in the game and down 24 points he's running the clock out with 2 runs in a row and no hurry up offense, Ridiculous! A must get 1st down with 3rd down and 1 and pass the ball, Ridiculous! Kyle has no flow this season, he's just blindly splashing in the waters.

I see. So last year's success was all RG3 and Kyle had nothing to do with it. But this year RG3 is a victim of Kyle's inability to call plays.

And do you understand that responsibilities in hurry up offenses fall more on the QB than the OC? If our two minute drill is lacking pace the only person to look at is RG3. You want flow? Then players must execute. Call the perfect play 100% of the time and if players don't execute you get all the flow of a clogged toilet.

Kyle didn't forget how to coach or call plays. He's the same guy who led the Texans offense to a record year (where are they now that he is gone?), and the same OC that led us last year. The only difference is that  our QB has taken a step backward and defenses are better prepared for the things he does well.  Robert will be just fine in the long run. Second year QBs often struggle. But to blame Kyle is just monumentally stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1i-Yw7s-Pw

Buckle up Sally because you've probably got 10+ years of not liking what the leader of the team has to say. QBs speak on the game after the game and if you've got your panties in a twist over these comments then you're surely going to flip your **** at some point on this ride. 

Very clever. A personal attack questioning my manhood. A video suggesting that I am a douche. And not a lick of sense in your post.

Stay classy.

Heres a news flash. 32 QBs speak after every game. 31 of them do it without pissing off their own players.

Now Santana Moss is backtracking on his comments and giving the " taken out of context" excuse

Bzzzzt WRONG.

Moss didn't backtrack. He did the smart thing for the good of the team and is trying to defuse the situation.

In private, he delivered the same message.

He says what he told Robert this AM, was when you win say "We," when u lose "I"

I see. So last year's success was all RG3 and Kyle had nothing to do with it. But this year RG3 is a victim of Kyle's inability to call plays.

By your logic the converse must also be true. If Kyle should receive credit for the offense from last year and none of the pieces have changed (in fact improved with Jordan Reed and healthy Garcon) then doesn't he share in the blame if the offense isn't as productive?

And do you understand that responsibilities in hurry up offenses fall more on the QB than the OC? If our two minute drill is lacking pace the only person to look at is RG3..... You want flow? Then players must execute. Call the perfect play 100% of the time and if players don't execute you get all the flow of a clogged toilet.

No I don't understand that because its not true. First of all our lack of hurry-up and general disorganization in 2-minute situations precedes Griffin. It was bad with Rex, Beck and McNabb. If there is a previous history of difficulty executing 2-minute or hurry up under Kyle that pre-dates Griffin its not logic to assume its Griffin's fault. Especially when (a) when we do actually run hurry-up or 'turbo' it works ( B) Griffin comes from an offenses at Baylor that was ALL HURRY UP ALL THE TIME

The execution excuse doesn't fly when you look at the facts. There is over half a season worth of ineffective 1st half offense as evidence that the 1st half gameplan/playcalling IS NOT SCORING POINTS. At some point its up to the coaches to make adjustments, examine why aren't these brilliant plays that 'should' being executed properly? Maybe just maybe they should examine what they're doing and cater the gameplan and offense to less brilliant plays that the players can actually execute? Maybe then they'll score some points in the 1st halves of games when it matters.

NEWSFLASH: they're not the perfect plays if players can't execute them and you can't score points

Kyle didn't forget how to coach or call plays. He's the same guy who led the Texans offense to a record year (where are they now that he is gone?), and the same OC that led us last year. The only difference is that  our QB has taken a step backward and defenses are better prepared for the things he does well.  Robert will be just fine in the long run. Second year QBs often struggle. But to blame Kyle is just monumentally stupid.

If you look at the sum of Kyle's offenses since he's been here last year was the outlier and this year is a regression to the mean. And point of fact the Texans offense was fine without Kyle they were more balanced and made the playoffs with their 3rd string QB.

You finally said something I agree with: the defenses are better prepared for the offense...but what is Kyle doing about it?

To absolve Kyle is dishonest.

For all those saying RG3 doesn't take blame and yada yada, I found a nice little reminder that he has been doing a good job of owning his shortcomings thus far this year.

They don't want to hear it. They want begging, mea culpas and they want a benching. I hope they get what they really want. When the back-up doesnt lead this team anywhere and Robert is gone and having success in another city they will only have themselves to look in the mirror and blame. The team finally gets a franchise QB who is OROY , gets injured, fights back and struggles for half a season and they want to make up stories and s-can the guy. When Kirk gets destroyed behind Poloumbus ' turnstile pass protection and Morris' yards per attempt are slashed in half because the QB isnt a threat to run, maybe then they will see that all the footwork in the world, pocket presence and "field vision" wont save this team. 

They don't want to hear it. They want begging, mea culpas and they want a benching. I hope they get what they really want. When the back-up doesnt lead this team anywhere and Robert is gone and having success in another city they will only have themselves to look in the mirror and blame. The team finally gets a franchise QB who is OROY , gets injured, fights back and struggles for half a season and they want to make up stories and s-can the guy. When Kirk gets destroyed behind Poloumbus ' turnstile pass protection and Morris' yards per attempt are slashed in half because the QB isnt a threat to run, maybe then they will see that all the footwork in the world, pocket presence and "field vision" wont save this team. 

Just save and repost the picture bro. 

For all those saying RG3 doesn't take blame and yada yada, I found a nice little reminder that he has been doing a good job of owning his shortcomings thus far this year.

rr2t.JPG

Not saying he didn't own up somewhat but that is a little bit of reaching from that guy.  Here's the actual context:

The message was similar from RGIII, who initially talked about the judgment calls that went against the Redskins, calling the game a "team loss" but quickly grew tired of questions about his performance at quarterback. "I'm not going to sit up here answering every question about myself. If you want to pin it on someone pin it on me," he said.

So basically, they kept pushing his performance and he said if you're looking to blame or pin it on someone then pin it on me.  I'm not going to sit up here and keep answering questions about myself.

I asked the question on this forum during offseason, What was Robert doing to improve as a QB, during his rehab? I was basically told he was smart enough and had enough smart people around him to know what to do. "Brettstr, you sould just chill" Well its been cold and I think folks are beginning to nderstand the question and it has been answered by Robert. The answer to my question is, Not Enough. Very good post OP( In my Opinion) :)

I asked the question on this forum during offseason, What was Robert doing to improve as a QB, during his rehab? I was basically told he was smart enough and had enough smart people around him to know what to do. "Brettstr, you sould just chill" Well its been cold and I think folks are beginning to nderstand the question and it has been answered by Robert. The answer to my question is, Not Enough. Very good post OP( In my Opinion) :)

Hindsight always looks pretty good...

All he could do, and all he was allowed to do, was study film, and do 7 on 7 drills for most of the offseason, on top of the rehab. If that's all it takes play QB at a high level, then every team would have one.

Frankly, I was shocked that he wasn't immediately put in the lineup in Training Camp. I think that hurt him. Rehabbing and not being able to completely let it rip every practice (throwing motion, weight transfer, pocket movement, etc) hurt him. Not participating in OTA's fully, hurt him. No preseason, hurt him significantly. 

People hoped (I hoped) that it wouldn't be the case with him, but what happened (and what is still happening, to a degree) is basically what you would expect from a second year QB coming off of an injury. He may have even struggled if he hadn't been hurt. The bottom line, is that every mental rep, every physical rep, ever snap in live situations where everyone is going full speed, and every rep in live game situations, matters. That didn't happen with him. He ended up going into the fire, and probably saw that he mentally wasn't there yet, and his body agreed with him.

What has happened, is that people feel apparently betrayed that he isn't the player he was last year. And no, I don't really care about the 'All in For Week 1" stuff that people fell for hook line and sinker, because there was no way for anyone to know how he would react once the bullets started flying. Now and after the fact, people don't want to acknowledge that, and will reach for  things like the commercials and stuff that have everything to do with perception, and nothing to do with reality/common sense.

So... "Not enough" should be more like "Inconclusive." "Not enough" suggests that he kind of hot dogged things. I believe that he did everything that he was capable of doing, and allowed to do, in order to be ready. Unfortunately, there is only so much that you can do when you are in a situation like his. 

His accuracy has suffered greatly thing year, which is understandable. He has also picked up some bad habits (also understandable) along the way. Is it acceptable? No (and I'm sure he would say the same). But is it understandable? Yes

Archived