Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Are the Eagles financially responsible for any money tonDJax this year. Not cap hit, but actual money. Basically, did they pay him any money once they released him? I know they have a 6 mil cap hit.

Need to settle a bar bet. Sources if possible

Sorry for redundancy... My opposition apparently has NFL sources. Not much available on interwebz. Can someone clarify if Philly so much as cut him a equipment stipend

yeah i thought they owed him some money...how much was the bet? hopefully it isnt much, in case u (and i) turn out to be wrong

It wasn't the amount, it was the asshat I bet. Conceding anything to him is beyond painful. I live near Philly.

Shoot, looks like I gotta wait till week 3 for paybacks.

Yeah, you lost the bet. Jackson's contract will be counting against the Eagles cap space because the signing bonus is prorated for salary cap purposes. The actual money is all paid up front though. Sorry man.

It wasn't the amount, it was the asshat I bet. Conceding anything to him is beyond painful. I live near Philly.

Shoot, looks like I gotta wait till week 3 for paybacks.

Eagles have a cap loss because of his contract and signing bonus but DeSean still has not paid his agent a half a million which is still due.

Eagles have a cap loss because of his contract and signing bonus but DeSean still has not paid his agent a half a million which is still due.

Still due to the agent from DeSean or still due to Desean from the Eagles for his agent?

Did the team actually re-sign Bernstine, yet? Feel bad for him and would like to see him get another chance. 

I'm not sure, I'm curious about news on him too. 

This is from his Twitter account:

"Getting antsy, but staying patient." Jordan Bernstine (@JBernstine)

"I mean, I know somebody needs a safety." Jordan Bernstine (@JBernstine)

Hopefully he gets a chance to compete during training camp.

• 3 months later...

By Chris Tomasson

ctomasson@pioneerpress.com

The Vikings, who have just four safeties on the 53-man roster, beefed up that position Wednesday.

Minnesota signed to the practice squad Ahmad Dixon, a rookie from Baylor. To make room on the 10-man squad, the Vikings released tackle Mike Remmers.

Dixon was a seventh-round pick by Dallas last May before failing to make the team. Remmers, a second-year man, was with the Vikings as a rookie, but didn’t get into any games.

Follow Chris Tomasson at twitter.com/christomasson

Ladies and Gentlemen - 

I think it's time we give Jermichael Finley a call... We have the money. Jordan Reed is the next Malcomb Kelly... Lots of talent but can't stay on the field, and actually he's just like Philip Thomas if you would like to relate him to a current Redskins piece of glass... Yes, Jermichael Finley has been hurt as well but he's been cleared to go. It's obvious we need the check down pass catchers and when Reed goes down, Griffin gets flustered. Give the man a call...

Without a capable TE, our offense is shot. Niles 'baby hands' Paul is JAG and Paulsen is OK for blocking, but neither are what I would consider to be dynamic TE's... which Finley most certainly is.

Jermichael Finley, TE

6'5 247

College: Texas

Not sure Finley is actually cleared to play either. He thinks he should be, but I'm not sure any team would clear him. Although it it good to see the reappearance of "Malcomb" in this thread. To be fair to Reed, at least he showed he can be good. Malcolm Kelly and Philip Thomas never showed jack (though Thomas can try and fix that) other than getting hurt. I do worry about Reed staying healthy long term, but I'm not sure there's any good answer out there right now. I suppose it can't hurt to kick the tires on Finley, but it might be a wait and hope for Reed to get healthy and try again in 2015 with some draft pick(s).

Anybody? Crickets?? Lol

Either Jermichael Finley or some sort of a trade... i'm dying for this team to make a trade which benefits us and not by using picks... I'm talking players! 

Who wants Orakpo?

Paulson has been a proven starter. We'll be fine. Reed is glass and it's a shame.

Don't get the Rak dig?

La'Mic'ha'el Ja'mes is now available.  I see him as a better option in that scatback role than either Chris Thompson or Lachey Seastrunk.

Not sure James is PS eligible. Since only Thompson is on the PS, the only way to "replace" either is to sign James to the PS. Unless you want to put him on the 53.

Archived