Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4th Quarter Heart...

SoCalSkinsFan1975

Ain't gonna cut it. They played with ZERO heart until the 4th quarter. The season is officially over and I am a huge RGIII fan but he is a shell of himself this year. He is mentally off and missing throws that he made in his sleep last year.

Hopefully with the cap penalty fines behind us we can get some descent help and draft some quality players and start over again next year!

Exactly. The worst thing that could of happened would of been for that final drive to pay off and tie the game up. All it would serve would be to paper over some gigantic cracks. Poorly prepared, poorly coached shambles. 3 quarters of a complete lack of effort, then suddenly they decide to have a go in the fourth when the games all but done. 

Would I of liked to of comeback and won? No question. Would it have been a hollow victory to the FAR bigger problems all over this roster? NO question. 

Disgraceful. 

Hail. 

The team had a week and a half to prepare for this game; a game they NEEDED to win, and they came in and laid an egg, in every possible way, from coaching, to the 'wonderful' Griffin, to the confused defense, to the hapless special teams.

Major shake-ups should be in the works for Monday morning, this is not how to operate a professional football team with healthy players coming back this year. A number of players need to be shown the door as well, this is unacceptable in every aspect.

Means nothing at all.

Poor personell decisions, o-line is terrible, Robert is playing terrible, the D is just not that good

This is not a good football team right now, and it starts from the top

This is the only hope I have left.  That RGIII regressed so much in his passing because of the injury and lack of practice.  But it doesn't stop me however hating him the way he run his mouth in the off season and basically forcing this enept coaching staff to start him before he was even remotely ready.  The benefit of KC starting this season and showing well to this organization goes beyond winning. He would have been a hot commodity if he proved to be a viable NFL started QB AND given RGIII the time to come back healthy and ready.

Today's 4th quarter effort would be a good sign for a team such as the Jaguars who are looking for anything positive to build on.

Or even for this team earlier in the season as one solid quarter could be something to build on for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately today the Skins were faced with a must win game to salvage any reasonable hope of making the playoffs.

Coming out with one spirited quarter of play doesn't come CLOSE to making up for 3 quarters of abysmal play in all 3 phases of the game, having no passing game, no defense, showing little fight with the season on the line.

The Skins seasons hinged on winnning this game so there is no room for any suggestions of moral victories or being encrouaged going forward because of ONE good quarter.

This year I've had a work schedule which has meant that for the first time in my life, I've been missing some Redskins games here and there. I missed the first quarter of week 1, I missed the first quarter against the Packers, I attended the Lions game but I missed all of the Raiders game. I watched 100% of the Cowboys debacle, and missed the entire Bears game. I watched half of the Broncos game (the half where we sucked) and saw the last 10 minutes of the Chargers game.

Oh and I watched the Vikings game, and missed the entire game today.

I figured since I missed the game today they would do something good and win, since thus far this season I've managed to watch the Redskins lose 6 times and watched them win once, for 10 minutes. It seems that they're finally letting me down even on the days where I can't see them let me down.

I don't know what happened today, and I'm happy about that. They can have all the 4th quarter heart they want but this is a team that makes a lifelong fan not really care anymore that he's scheduled to work from 12:45-8:00 on a Sunday. Ok, time to go back from my lunch break. I also don't miss trying to defend portions of this team in the chaotic aftermath on these forums. Just blow the ****ing thing up. Shanahan has had 4 years and in everything I've seen this season, we're no closer to winning a superbowl. He won't fire his son, he won't fire Jim Haslett because I presume Jim knows where the bodies are buried.

We are one of the most penalized teams in the NFL- Coaching

We are one of the worst prepared teams on gameday- Coaching

We constantly come up short on the "inches"- little things during the game such as a big 1st down, big 3rd down stop, important sack or defensive play in a crucial time, scoring drive when we absolutely need it.- Coaching

We are poorly built and lack great depth- Coaching/NFL Conspiracy

There is no reason to believe that any of these things will change from this season to the next.

Mike Shanahan from the start of the season up until November 17th of each season he's coached here:

13-24

This is not acceptable.

OL and WR can't help you if you can't hit them.  Unless you were watching another game bro.  He had wide open receivers the entire game and missed them.

I'm seriously still in shock he missed those WRs in the fourth. Jesus, the Eagles kept giving him chances to beat them and balls were flying into the stands.

I want you guys to know Danny is going to extend Shanny's contract. I hope you guys are bracing yourselves for it! I have a gut feeling that Danny has full confidence in Shanny. I feel Danny can see the **** mess the league put Shanny in with 36 million cap penalty, and they gave the rest to other teams. I mean what in the **** is Shanny suppose to do...

I want you guys to know Danny is going to extend Shanny's contract. I hope you guys are bracing yourselves for it! I have a gut feeling that Danny has full confidence in Shanny. I feel Danny can see the **** mess the league put Shanny in with 36 million cap penalty, and they gave the rest to other teams. I mean what in the **** is Shanny suppose to do...

He can start with preparing the team for the most important game of the season :lol:, no? He would've gotten the extension already you're wrong.

He can start with preparing the team for the most important game of the season :lol:, no? He would've gotten the extension already you're wrong.

I'm not wrong in the sense, because Danny wanted to extend him during the seven game win streak last year. The coach can only do so much, and then it comes down to the players. Some players are more talented than others!

I'm not wrong in the sense, because Danny wanted to extend him during the seven game win streak last year. The coach can only do so much, and then it comes down to the players. Some players are more talented than others!

So it doesn't take talent to play with passion or urgency. It doesn't take talent to play for 60 mins. Mike isn't getting one :lol:

So whats the answer then? How do you get a group of professionals to have heart for four quarters instead of one?

Man Marty and Joe Gibbs did it. Gibbs didn't it in the second go round. Great leaders have come here in the past and gotten allot from a little.

Great coaches have come here in the past and made sub par talent look amazing.

Ain't gonna cut it. They played with ZERO heart until the 4th quarter. The season is officially over and I am a huge RGIII fan but he is a shell of himself this year. He is mentally off and missing throws that he made in his sleep last year.

Hopefully with the cap penalty fines behind us we can get some descent help and draft some quality players and start over again next year!

That's what I don't get with your statement; last year the team came together as a unit, players made plays, and we didn't lose players, we actually GOT some back that were injured last season.

What scares me is the cap itself; yes, next year we get that money back; and guess what, free agents know this too, and it could be another Morgan/Haynesworth type situation, players signing a big contract and lay eggs all season.

If any name free agents are signed, that contract should be incentive-based, not salary based; that will give them more of an incentive to play harder.

Archived