Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Alfred Morris Take The 2013 Rushing Title?

martytheman

With all the doom and gloom around here I figured I'd start a thread about something that not many have been talking about (besides us)

Morris is quietly having a great season, even though the rest of the team looks like a giant steaming pile of doo-doo all around him.

As it stands now, the top 5 NFL rushers are:

Shady McCoy - 932

Marshawn Lynch - 871

Alfred Morris - 825

Adrian Peterson - 786

Jamaal Charles - 725

Keep in mind the fact that Morris, Peterson and Charles have already had byes, and both Shady and Beast mode have theirs coming up next week.. it should be a 3 horse race down the stretch if Morris keeps to his average this week. So does anyone here think he can pull it off?

Wonder what that would do for his contract status next year...

Hadn't realized he was in position, pretty impressive.

Starting to think we may not want to spend a ton of money this offseason with Trent, Morris, Griffin and Kerrigan's contracts coming up in the next year or two.

Wonderful. We were all excited about getting all our cap room back and signing  the superstars that were going to put at #1 for offense, defense, special teams, and ball boys and were going to get us an insta-Super Bowl, and now we're going to have to be afraid about how we pinch pennies because we won't have the money to pay them. GG, Washington. GG.

Trent Williams has atleast1 more year on his contract. He is prior to the current cba and may have a six year contract. May want to restructure his contract now when we have the money anyways. Morris has two, Griffin has three, Kerrigan has two. We aren't going to worry about two years down the road now. We will worry about that when the time comes.

Was just thinkin about posting on AlMo.  Was watching game rewind.  Condensed version, where it's just play to play, no nonsense.  So you see his runs next to, say, Helus, and the player on the other team.

Morris is downright special.  It sounds 'blah blah' when they say "oh he has good vision, always moves north".  I mean, he just does, it's crazy.  Especially vs the vikings, he made AP look like the budding sophmore and he the future HOFer.

I think McCoy falls off.  Gonna be beastmode/Morris neck and neck.

Oh, and by the way, all the folks who say we don't run enough, or get away from the run are basically mad that Alfred isn't on pace for 2000 yards.

Trent Williams has atleast1 more year on his contract. He is prior to the current cba and may have a six year contract. May want to restructure his contract now when we have the money anyways. Morris has two, Griffin has three, Kerrigan has two. We aren't going to worry about two years down the road now. We will worry about that when the time comes.

Don't want to derail things... but I guess I'm gonna :) Are those #s accurate? Not like I know, but that's not what I'd have guessed. Also, I think the FO should absolutely be concerned about the future now (from a planning standpoint). Not to the point of inactivity or anything, but in terms of not putting themselves tight against the cap with big contracts looming.

I remember all those threads last off season  talking about how so many here would trade him for Richardson  in a heart beat and those who wouldn't are just blind homers lol ... just love his vision and power ... in the open field he might not have that break away speed but he is not going down early ..

Oh I would love to see Morris take the rushing title, love how hard he runs the ball.  I was at the Skins Bears game and heard some other fans saying that they thought he wasnt anything special as a RB, I know he's no Barry Sanders, but ALMO is a special player, I'm glad he's on this team.  Now if only Kyle will keep givin him the ball we might make this happen, I'd like to see him avg 20-22 carries a game.

To you all who say, "commit to the run game" you realize that the skins are 3rd in the league on rushing yards per game, right? I think they're pretty committed to it...

The brilliance of The Butler making so much from so little would, in the main, explain that.

At least we've committed to running the ball more the last few games.

As for Alfred coming out on top? No question he can. IF he gets the touches. As this is schizophrenic Kyle, that's too big an 'if' to feel confident he will.

Hail.

The brilliance of The Butler making so much from so little would, in the main, explain that.

At least we've committed to running the ball more the last few games.

As for Alfred coming out on top? No question he can. IF he gets the touches. As this is schizophrenic Kyle, that's too big an 'if' to feel confident he will.

Hail.

Last year he got an average of 21 carries a game. This year he's averaging 18 carries per game. Not a huge difference. And Helu is getting a larger workload than any backup had last year.

Last season The Butler had 1,612 rushing yards with a 4.8 ypc. This season he is on pace 1,467 rushing yards with a 5.2 ypc. The last 4 games he has averaged 21.75 carries a game. The first 4 games he averaged 14 carries a game.

Alfred was phenomenal as a rookie last season, but he is quietly having an even better season. If his carries stay around 22 a game from here on out he will have 1,625 rushing yards based off his 5.2 ypc.

Not sure if 1,625 will led the NFL, but I will damn sure be happy.

Back to Back 1,600+ yards first 2 season is beastly to say the least.

Hail

I hope he does not get the rushing title because that means they are running him too much in a lost season  I totally agree that Alf is something special, his vision and cutting ability reminds me of Priest Holmes.  I also believe that a RB, espceialy a brusing RB like Morris, only has so many collisions in him and I'd hate to see his career cut short with meaningless hits in a lost season.

Archived