Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pizza Thread

Zguy28

I have some friends coming over for Pizza tomorrow night, and I am going to hit the Itallian Store.... unless someone has a good suggestion for the McLean/Falls Church/Vienna/North Arlington areas ??????

i always like to branch out :)   (but not drive far)

Grotto Pizza in Rehobeth tops my list.

Followed by Fellini's in Atlanta.

Although I still love Giovannis pizza in Leesburg.  Always manage to swing by there anytime Im in my hometown.

Always loved Grotto. I hear they're going to put one on this side of the Bay, in the Gambrills area possibly. Although, the last time I had Grotto this summer, it was expensive as hell. Got 2 medium pizzas, 1 cheese and 1 pepperoni, it was $30!

I have some friends coming over for Pizza tomorrow night, and I am going to hit the Itallian Store.... unless someone has a good suggestion for the McLean/Falls Church/Vienna/North Arlington areas ??????

i always like to branch out :)   (but not drive far)

If Clarendon is covered by that area, I never miss an opportunity to stop at Goody's. This is a true Mom-and-Pop place run by a friendly old couple with great thin-crust NY-style pizza. They sell pizza-by-the-slice if you so desire. They also make really good subs that they complement with as many fries as they can fit into the container with the sub. The price-point is pretty good, too.

Always loved Grotto. I hear they're going to put one on this side of the Bay, in the Gambrills area possibly. Although, the last time I had Grotto this summer, it was expensive as hell. Got 2 medium pizzas, 1 cheese and 1 pepperoni, it was $30!

Worth every penny.  And I'd drive to Gambrills.  But somewhere closer to Annapolis would be better!

That looks  friggin' awesome!  The thin also looks to be just perfect, not too much dough, so you can enjoy the flavors of the toppings.  Mmmmm, I want one of those!

It really is good. Also, the pic I used, that is just one of three possible "Romana's" The other two options both had a dessert style pizza as one of the choices and my wife is just not a fan of anything sweet being on pizza so we went with the option that did not include a dessert pizza as one of the choices.

Lombardi's in NY is the best I've had

I live in NYC and Lombardi's is one of my favorites as well. There are a few in Brooklyn at that level, maybe better. In ny, people usually ask what's the best pizza in your neighborhood, mine is probably Paulie Gee's in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. 

Reading this thread made me have a look for some how to's and I came across http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php

Anyone into or thinking about making pizza at home could easily lose a few weeks on that site from what little I've seen so far.

Lot's of great info there.  I actually used to post there a lot, but haven't been back in a while (3-4 years).  It's also filled with people getting irrationally upset about pizza making techniques which makes for great entertainment. 

Lot's of great info there.  I actually used to post there a lot, but haven't been back in a while (3-4 years).  It's also filled with people getting irrationally upset about pizza making techniques which makes for great entertainment. 

Then you might be interested in the Blackstone pizza oven.  Real deal NP pizzas from a $370 oven.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25127.0http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25127.0

As for the info, didn't realise how little I knew and the lengths people go to for a 'pie' :)

Two pizza joints in Frederick that are worth your hard earned money:

Il Forno

Pizza Pretzel Creations

Pizza Pretzel is great and after the bars close they serve slices to all the drunks and passerbys. They use pretzel dough. They're fantastic.

Il Forno is a bar/sit down restaurant that serves brick oven pizza. They have a Buffalo chicken pizza that is amazing.

I live in NYC and Lombardi's is one of my favorites as well. There are a few in Brooklyn at that level, maybe better. In ny, people usually ask what's the best pizza in your neighborhood, mine is probably Paulie Gee's in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. 

I was in NYC 2 weeks ago and went to John's in Times Square. That was some damn good pizza and I'd say probably the best pizza I've ever had.

Jet's Pizza in Knoxville, TN was awesome. Detroit-style pizza which is the best IMO.

Eh, they are a pretty big chain and opened a few around Charlotte over the last year or two. I was pretty excited to try it since it was something new, but I was not impressed at all. Honestly, I can usually pick out certain aspects that I like about something, but there was nothing about Jet's that I was particularly happy with.

• 3 weeks later...

papa-johns-buy-a-large-get-a-large-for-3

People bash on Papa Johns but they're an official sponsor of the Redskins as well as various other DC teams. Are you telling me you do not take advantage of Papa Johns free pizza when the Redskins score TD's, the Wizards win, the Caps score goals, etc? Please 

Im going to order two large pizzas today. And I'm going to eat it all by myself. :D 

Archived