Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Flex Schedule Thread (Giants Game On 12-1)

kleese

We can use this thread to discuss any potential schedule changes/flexes the rest of the year.

Decisions on schedule changes have been made through week 12, so obviously our next two games aren't moving (and of course, MNF games are always set in stone).

Our game on 12-1 is definitely a potential flex casualty. But it is not a lock.

That is Thanksgiving week so there are fewer games from which to choose and the most obvious replacement (Broncos-Chiefs) has been protected by CBS and can't move. Dolphins-Jets is honestly the most likely replacement and that is hardly a great replacement pending what happens over the next six days.

The decision must be made after this coming Sunday's games.

If we win and the Giants beat GB, then I think the game stays primetime for sure. If we both win this week it is pretty much a lock that our game will be at least interesting and if an NFC East game is interesting, it stays.

If we both lose this week, then I think it goes.... Although if Miami or the Jets also lose it might not be a lock... But if we are both 3-7 after this week, I think out game gets flexed out to 1:00 that day.

What I'm unsure about is what will happen if one team loses this week and one team wins. That may very well then depend on what the other teams do.

I think it is a 50/50 proposition right now.

The rest of our schedule looks to remain the same with a small possible exception of the Chiefs game if we win the next two.

Was Broncos-Pats originally slotted for two Sundays from now?  Or was there another game there originally and Denver got flexed into it?  I just find it strange that Denver is going to be on two Sundays in a row.....a lot of times teams will be scheduled for Monday night one week, Sunday night the next.....but I can't think of an instance where teams had two originally scheduled Sunday night games in a row.

Ed, I've thought about that Giants game for a while now, and it sucks that the Denver-KC game is protected. But you may well be sleeping on other candidate games. Tennessee blew a big chance yesterday, but the way Indy has been playing, the Titans-Colts game might have divisional implications. Arizona is 5-4 and might still be in the wild card hunt when they go to Philly, who will most certainly still be in the divisional mix.

Either way, right now the way the season is going, as an STH I'd love to see us get flexed out of that Sunday night game, especially after going to Monday night against San Fran.

Chiefs-Broncos THIS week was flexed in as a replacement for Packers-Giants, which moved to 4:25. CBS protected the other Chiefs-Broncos game. Broncos-Pats was a SNF game all along.

Don't forget that the NFL makes this call, with NBC, FOX, and CBS all offering opinions and requests. Believe me, NBC WANTS to keep our game that night. There isn't a home run replacement like this week.... Titans-Colts might wind up being a better match up technically, but that is far from a marquee match up. I think the one to watch is Dolphins-Jets. But if Miami loses tonight and/or next week that takes a big hit as well.

Also don't forget that NBC is in Baltimore Thanksgiving night and they have apparently requested a short travel for the Sunday game which is likely a big reason we were scheduled originally.

Also don't forget that NBC is in Baltimore Thanksgiving night and they have apparently requested a short travel for the Sunday game which is likely a big reason we were scheduled originally.

But don't forget Zona vs Philly.  AZ travels to Jacksonville, who is still a one-win team, this week, and then plays at home against the struggling Colts.  Win both and they are at 7-4 and definitely in the wild card mix. And Philly is just about as close to Baltimore as Landover is. 

But don't forget Zona vs Philly. AZ travels to Jacksonville, who is still a one-win team, this week, and then plays at home against the struggling Colts. Win both and they are at 7-4 and definitely in the wild card mix. And Philly is just about as close to Baltimore as Landover is.

It's a possibility... Arizona is likely to be 6-4 when they make the decision... If Philly beats us they are 6-5 at decision time. I think if both us and the Giants lose, it is getting flexed. And if we both win, I think it stays. If we lose and NYG win, it's still attractive to want to keep that NYC market with a surging team.

I would be crazy if the giants go 0-6 then 10-0.

I think if this happens I would have to stop watching football for a long time...possibly forever.  I mean that team has gotten some breaks...Freeman, Barkley, Pryor, and now Tolzein?   Let the hype continue to build...I just can't see it becoming real.

But don't forget Zona vs Philly.  AZ travels to Jacksonville, who is still a one-win team, this week, and then plays at home against the struggling Colts.  Win both and they are at 7-4 and definitely in the wild card mix. And Philly is just about as close to Baltimore as Landover is. 

Records don't mean anything for Flex games (except the last game of the year) it is all about the Markets (NYC and DC) are big markets. Coupled with the QB's (Manning VS RG III) NBC is going to fight to keep this game. 

As far as Zona goes west cost team traveling to the east cost for a 1:00 game never ends well

We can use this thread to discuss any potential schedule changes/flexes the rest of the year.

Decisions on schedule changes have been made through week 12, so obviously our next two games aren't moving (and of course, MNF games are always set in stone).

Our game on 12-1 is definitely a potential flex casualty. But it is not a lock.

That is Thanksgiving week so there are fewer games from which to choose and the most obvious replacement (Broncos-Chiefs) has been protected by CBS and can't move. Dolphins-Jets is honestly the most likely replacement and that is hardly a great replacement pending what happens over the next six days.

The decision must be made after this coming Sunday's games.

If we win and the Giants beat GB, then I think the game stays primetime for sure. If we both win this week it is pretty much a lock that our game will be at least interesting and if an NFC East game is interesting, it stays.

If we both lose this week, then I think it goes.... Although if Miami or the Jets also lose it might not be a lock... But if we are both 3-7 after this week, I think out game gets flexed out to 1:00 that day.

What I'm unsure about is what will happen if one team loses this week and one team wins. That may very well then depend on what the other teams do.

I think it is a 50/50 proposition right now.

The rest of our schedule looks to remain the same with a small possible exception of the Chiefs game if we win the next two.

the rest of our schedule will 100% be the same, cause the game against the giants is our 5th primetime game of the season, and 5 is the maximum number any team can have. after the 12/1 game, even if we go on a long winning streak, we wont get another flexed into sunday night game. maybe flexed from 1 pm to 4:15 or something but other than that, nothing.

I think if this happens I would have to stop watching football for a long time...possibly forever.  I mean that team has gotten some breaks...Freeman, Barkley, Pryor, and now Tolzein?   Let the hype continue to build...I just can't see it becoming real.

Nobody thought we would win seven in a row last year either. I got a bad feeling the Giants might just sneak back into this thing. If we are out of the race when we play these idiots ,I hope we can end there's.

Lose and we get flexed out, people would rather watch good football games then bad football teams in good markets.

I doubt we win enough, but is there any possible way the Dallas game gets flexed if all the cards align and the division is at stake?

Skins already have the maximum number which is 5. I'm not sure but I doubt we can get a 6th primetime game even if we pull off a 7 game winning streak

Skins already have the maximum number which is 5. I'm not sure but I doubt we can get a 6th primetime game even if we pull off a 7 game winning streak

I need to double check this, but I am almost positive the rules allow for a sixth primetime game for flexing purposes.

But it's moot because I am also almost positive FOX protected our game with Dallas.

I need to double check this, but I am almost positive the rules allow for a sixth primetime game for flexing purposes.

But it's moot because I am also almost positive FOX protected our game with Dallas.

Ah ok, I was not aware of that. Well fox had our game against Dallas last year too, but NBC ended up getting it, so if we win 5 straight, then that game could get moved to Sunday night football.

Ah ok, I was not aware of that. Well fox had our game against Dallas last year too, but NBC ended up getting it, so if we win 5 straight, then that game could get moved to Sunday night football.

No... CBS and FOX are not allowed to protect games week 17... All games are eligible for flexing week 17, which is what happened last year. Our game with Dallas this year will not be moving.

It is possible that at least one of the teams, Redskins or Giants might be somewhat relevant by then, meaning one might be making a run towards first place in the NFC East.  Giants have won 3 in a row.  If we beat the Eagles and the Giants beat the Cowboys, the game might be much more interesting in the grand scheme of things.

Bengals Chargers will get it.

Why them? 

Archived