Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Whole Division 5-6 After 11?

ballin2041

after tonight both Philly & Dallas will be 5-5 with us and NY being 3-6. I think Kyle is an inch away from perfecting our O and not letting the line kill us. RG3 is back and I dont think Philly will be able to stop RG3 and our run game. I think we win that game and go to 4-6 while NY beats GB in NY without Rodgers so that makes them 4-6. With the loss to us Philly is 5-6 and Dallas has a bye.

The following week Dallas has to go to NY and I think NY will be confident and beat them at that point which makes both of them 5-6 along with Philly who has a bye that week. Meanwhile we host SF at home on Monday night which is the start of 3 straight home game and 4 out of 5. I think we win that game. Im just not a big Kapernick fan and doesnt think he's on the level of RG3.

That puts the whole division at 5-6 at that point and its up for grabs. If you want to go further then in that week Philly host Arizona and Dallas host the Raiders while we play NY. I could see 3 teams being 6-6 while NY being 5-7 for the final quarter of the season. I still like our chances the rest of the way. Mostly because of those other threads & post I made about like RG3 the best of the young QB's and that by the end of the Philly game no Skins fans will be talking about him not being able to read defenses or being inaccrate but instead talking about how great he is

Not only does your scenario involve the Skins winning two straight games, it also involves the Giants winning two straight as well? And you think this will happen?

In other news, 1215 wins the lottery and gets struck by lightening on the same day. Also, the lightening does not kill him, it gives him super powers. 5-6 here we come!

after tonight both Philly & Dallas will be 5-5 with us and NY being 3-6. I think Kyle is an inch away from prefecting our O and not letting the line kill us. RG3 is back and I dont think Philly will be able to stop RG3 and our run game. I think we win that game and go to 4-6 while NY beats GB in NY without Rodgers so that makes them 4-6. With the loss to us Philly is 5-6 and Dallas has a bye.

The following week Dallas has to go to NY and I think NY will be confident and beat them at that point which makes both of them 5-6 along with Philly who has a bye that week. Meanwhile we host SF at home on Monday night which is the start of 3 straight home game and 4 out of 5. I think we win that game. Im just not a big Kapernick fan and doesnt think he's on the level of RG3.

That puts the whole division at 5-6 at that point and its up for grabs. If you want to go further then in that week Philly host Arizona and Dallas host the Raiders while we play NY. I could see 3 teams being 6-6 while NY being 5-7 for the final quarter of the season. I still like our chances the rest of the way. Mostly because of those other threads & post I made about like RG3 the best of the young QB's and that by the end of the Philly game no Skins fans will be talking about him not being able to read defenses or being inaccrate but instead talking about how great he is

man, i love your enthusiasm. i also feel that way :) until we are mathematically out of the playoff race, i will keep believing we will make a run.

I could see the Skins winning next week...then losing the next week at home to the Giants. There's something off about this team. Last year, even at 3-6, I really felt like we could go on a run, but after watching this team blow leads the last three weeks (even in the win vs. SD), something doesn't smell right. The desire isn't completely there, the coaching isn't there. the chemistry isn't as tight as it should be. etc. I hope I'm wrong. 

I could see the Skins winning next week...then losing the next week at home to the Giants. There's something off about this team. Last year, even at 3-6, I really felt like we could go on a run, but after watching this team blow leads the last three weeks (even in the win vs. SD), something doesn't smell right. The desire isn't completely there, the coaching isn't there. the chemistry isn't as tight as it should be. etc. I hope I'm wrong. 

oh, so we just skip the 49ers ENTIRELY? wow, good to know....

Last year, even at 3-6, I really felt like we could go on a run, 

I don't know if I agree with that. To get to 3-6 last year, the Redskins had a monumental D collapse (Giants in NY), awful offensive showing (drops, no RGIII running room vs Pitt) and the worst offensive game since the Zorn era (Carolina) before we started winning. 

This team is playing great for 2-3 quarters every game. If they can figure out how to put it together for full games, something could happen. 

I don't know if I agree with that. To get to 3-6 last year, the Redskins had a monumental D collapse (Giants in NY), awful offensive showing (drops, no RGIII running room vs Pitt) and the worst offensive game since the Zorn era (Carolina) before we started winning. 

This team is playing great for 2-3 quarters every game. If they can figure out how to put it together for full games, something could happen. 

The chemistry appeared to be stronger last year, even during tough times. And teams were still adjusting to RG3 and the RO. Doesn't feel the same to me. 

I agree that the OP's scenario isn't far-fetched.  But it is tough to have confidence, especially after the collapse in Minnesota, that the Redskins are going to start consistently winning games down the stretch. Even the home games so far this season have gone down the the wire. Chances are that you're going to drop at least one of those, especially with two of them being against quality opponents in SF and KC, and the Giants really aren't a slouch either.

Not only does your scenario involve the Skins winning two straight games, it also involves the Giants winning two straight as well? And you think this will happen?

In other news, 1215 wins the lottery and gets struck by lightening on the same day. Also, the lightening does not kill him, it gives him super powers. 5-6 here we come!

you do know that NY has already won its last 3 games, right? You dont think they can beat GB at home with those QB's and then you would be shocked if they also beat Dallas at home?

Problem is, if we somehow pull off a division win or wildcard birth it will be on the back of the offense. Nobody here legitimately thinks the defense is going to all of a sudden be good after 4 years. That pretty much means best case scenario we are another first round knockout.

The chemistry appeared to be stronger last year, even during tough times. And teams were still adjusting to RG3 and the RO. Doesn't feel the same to me. 

the only major difference is that RG3 was 100% all last year. If he were that this year then we wouldnt be 3-6 right now. He's just about there

He wasn't anywhere close to 100% after the ravens game

my point is that he was talking about with us being 3-6 at the same point last year. He said he could see us maybe going on a run because we had better chemistry, etc....  I said it just seemed that way because RG3 was 100% and playing great.

BTW, I think alot of people forget how bad we looked at the time of that Panthers loss. We were at a really low state. I actually think its not far fetched to have more confidene now then back then. My one problem with our team last year is that I felt Kyle called a totally different game at home and on the road. I loved road games because i knew we would be aggressive and try to go for 40. At home Kyle coached likeed the most conservative OC in the league.

I hated us at home. The only good game I felt he called at home all year was actually the Seahawks game. It was the only game all year he was aggressive but RG3 just wasnt healthy enough to deliver. This year Kyle coaches the same way at home and on the road so I feel more confident about all these home games we have coming up

the only major difference is that RG3 was 100% all last year. If he were that this year then we wouldnt be 3-6 right now. He's just about there

I think you and others are underestimating the RO last year vs. this year. Teams have adjusted and are forcing him to spend more time in the pocket, which exposes an OL that masked its weaknesses last year via the RO. The play-action play that was unstoppable during last year's run is a shell of its former self. 

Why do so many posters act like SF is trash?They are the defense most likely to stop our offense dead in tracks. I'm terrified that we are going to embarrass ourselves again on national television. That one could get ugly

SF does have the knack to look good against bad teams so we're in trouble.

The sad thing is the only reason we are entertaining this thought is because the division is such garbage.  The Skins defense can't stop anyone, Dallas is a train wreck, and the Giants have gotten back into it by playing the dreck of the league.  The one team in the division that remotely intrigues me is the Eagles......Foles has gotten a lot better, and their defense has improved.  However, none of these teams are as good as the five others in the conference that will make the playoffs, and its a shame that the winner of this sorry division is actually going to get to host a playoff game.

I think you and others are underestimating the RO last year vs. this year. Teams have adjusted and are forcing him to spend more time in the pocket, which exposes an OL that masked its weaknesses last year via the RO. The play-action play that was unstoppable during last year's run is a shell of its former self. 

I actually think its the other way around. I think people are overestimating teams defending the RO. Kyle made those statements early in the season but its like it was all about 2 things. Its like he said it because RG3 was gimpy anyways and we werent running it. I thought it was a cop out. The fact is that us, SF, Seattle, & Carolina all ditched it. We all just either wanted to save our QB's from hits or just assumed that defenses were stopping it but the truth is we never even got to see if defenses adjusted.

Pretty much all those Offeses struggled, then went back to the RO and started playing better. Thats includding us. I actually havent seen anyone stop our RO this year. We didnt run it early. When RG3 giot healthy and we started running it then we were putting up 450 yards every week. We go to Denver and dont run it at all and our O sucks. We're up against Minny and go to a straight drop back and we suck. Minny didnt take us out the RO. We just went away from it. When did they ever stop it?

To me it doesnt matter either way. I think our O will torch most defenses with or without it. Remember that after Philly, 4 out of 6 will be at home. I just dont see teams killing our line as much at home as they do on the road anyways. I think Offensively we are ready to explode and I think defensively its all on Haslet. We have some talent issues but most of the problems still seem to be a scheme or game plan thing with Has and he refuses to adjust. Hopefull he does soon

The sad thing is the only reason we are entertaining this thought is because the division is such garbage.  The Skins defense can't stop anyone, Dallas is a train wreck, and the Giants have gotten back into it by playing the dreck of the league.  The one team in the division that remotely intrigues me is the Eagles......Foles has gotten a lot better, and their defense has improved.  However, none of these teams are as good as the five others in the conference that will make the playoffs, and its a shame that the winner of this sorry division is actually going to get to host a playoff game.

Im not prepared to agree with that statement yet. The division looked like crap last year but by time the playoffs came around we were a legit team. I could still see one of these teams doing the same thing this year. Im not buying all this stuff where people say that it will be like the NFC West a few years ago with an 8-8 team. Someone will atleast be 9-7 and Im betting 10-6

Ballin, I appreciate your optimism.  I agree that the Redskins offense is formidable, but RG3 and the supporting cast is not yet at the level of one led by Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers which could mask our horrendous defense. 

Who in this division is going to finish 10-6?

actually, we're the only team I have confidence in of doing that.......lol

Im just not sold on our D being terrible. Ive seen to many glimpses of being solid at the least. Haslet just has to stop being an idiot. Why the zone last week? I will never know but even worst is why stay in it. I think if we played man then we wouldve looked alot better. I still have hope for our D. The only thing I always fear about our D is the mobile QB but luckily we dont have many more of them on the sked. Alex Smith & Foles are solid but I dont truly fear they will kill us with it. Same with Romo sits to pee. Im not worried about Eli & Ryan at all. I think we could stop them. The one guy who I m worried abouti is Kap. Again, I think he's overrated and not nearly the passer RG3 is but I could see him killing our idiotic defense with his mobility

Archived