Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Has Jarvis Jenkins Been?

RyansRangers

With Kerrigan getting double teamed and Orakpo on then other side and cofield having a decent hear Jenkins has been invisible even after his 4 game suspension... I know he is valuable in the run game but I expected more from him. I remember his rookie per injury this guy was a BEAST off the line and always was in the backfield.. Bowen and Golston are below average I really had hopes he could make a difference.

He's another in a long line of ES overrated Skins prospects.

Of course they'll probably be a mountain of excuses of why he's struggling other than the obvious truth that is he not that good.

In fact, all of our ends have been non-existent this season. I forget Stephen Bowen is a person sometimes. Goldston has always sucked and I forget who else I'm missing

He's another in a long line of ES overrated Skins prospects.

In fact, all of our ends have been non-existent this season. I forget Stephen Bowen is a person sometimes. Goldston has always sucked and I forget who else I'm missing

I would tend to agree with you but unlike players who never delivered but looked good in camp, Bowen and Jenkins both have proven stretches of pretty good play.  Is it an excuse that he's coming off a knee injury? I don't know.  This is starting to make me think of Jarmon, who flashed, hurt his knee and is now out of the league.  It might be that Jenkins is going to need a year, it might be that PEDs were responsible for some of his burst. 

But whatever it is, it's disappointing.

He's over a yr removed from a knee injury. I just remember the preseason and opening game 2011 all the hope. Now nothing... Chris Baker is the only one I see producing

Did he even make it to the opening game?  He looked solid in preseason then got injured I thought.

Have never seen him be dominant in a regular season game.  As for dominating in preseason...well we were 4-0 with Spurrier and we were 4-0 this pre-season...look how well that translated.

21 games played and 16 stops and 0.0 sacks. What does that tell you? Golston has taken over his starting spot. He did say he used the same stuff in College that got him busted for PED.  Maybe he is not the same player without the PED that is really just harmless supplement that didn't really help him so why take it?

Funny Cofield having a decent year,.  He has Flashes, He was manhandled thursday night one on one and he got no pressure up the middle,.

I am sure they were playing gap control to stop Peterson but even then you should be able to push your line back.  We got none of that...  That is why our ends cannot get sacks as teams know if they just push them to the outside and ride them their QB can step up in the pocket all day and even then after they loop around they can scramble between Kerrigan and RAK as those lanes are wide open because there is not push up the middle...

SAD we did not go after a TOP Nose Tacle and put Cofield in the 2 and 3 gaps were he is better suited...

Sometimes I feel like our fanbase is way too impatient. Jenkins missed 4 games this season, and he missed all of last year due to a knee injury. Outside his rookie season, where he was played sparingly, he's played in 5 games after a major knee injury. One thing you all must know, being a large man and tearing up your knee, you're a bit more hesitant than a small-framed player. 

Give him time, I think he's one of our more promising DL of the future. 

My sense is that Jarvis Jenkins hasn't done enough to get himself into game shape for the NFL. Strength & conditioning were concerns when he was drafted, and still seems to be a problem now.

He seems more like a journeyman, space-eating DT, than a 2nd round pick D-lineman.

Sometimes I feel like our fanbase is way too impatient. Jenkins missed 4 games this season, and he missed all of last year due to a knee injury. Outside his rookie season, where he was played sparingly, he's played in 5 games after a major knee injury. One thing you all must know, being a large man and tearing up your knee, you're a bit more hesitant than a small-framed player. 

Give him time, I think he's one of our more promising DL of the future. 

yeah no.

He missed 2011 (his rookie year) and played all 16 games in 2012. Getting suspended doesn't give him any extra leeway. 

yeah no.

He missed 2011 (his rookie year) and played all 16 games in 2012. Getting suspended doesn't give him any extra leeway. 

Yeah no what?

I think everyone knew what I meant, and nowhere did I say being suspended grants him leeway. 

The guy had minimal playing time last season, he missed his rookie year, so I think he deserves more than 20+ games to prove his worth. Keep in mind his snaps are also slowly moving up, he started out the year with 6 snaps, 16, then 30 against Denver, in which he had a TFL on Moreno. 

It's not an easy feat coming back from a knee injury, I just think people need to be more patient. 

Jenkins is the type of player that needs to be replaced.  I don't have anything against the guy, but when he's played he's been below average and he's been out a lot.  If he suddenly blossoms next year, he'll be in the fourth year of a four year contract.  If he doesn't blossom, he just sucking up another $1M without any production.  It's really a lose-lose proposition.

People get too attached to players just because they're wearing the burgundy and gold.  If he played (or, rather, sat on the bench) for Philadelphia, no one would be talking about trading even a 2016 7th round draft choice for him.

Pretty much he underscores the failure that was the 2011 draft - we passed up impact players like Watt, Quinn, and Fairley for Kerrigan, who's good but not great. We passed up Paea and Justin Houston for Jenkins who we already want to replace. There is literally no point in going for low upside in the draft because you get guys you want to replace in 3 years anyway.

Pretty much he underscores the failure that was the 2011 draft - we passed up impact players like Watt, Quinn, and Fairley for Kerrigan, who's good but not great. We passed up Paea and Justin Houston for Jenkins who we already want to replace. There is literally no point in going for low upside in the draft because you get guys you want to replace in 3 years anyway.

You may have a point..

Archived