Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wp: Democrats Begin Effort To Negatively Define Chris Christie Before 2016 Campaign (And All Other Things About The Nj Fat Guy)

SkinsHokieFan

You need to point those out to me. They sometimes disagree on criminal cases as Thomas takes the prosecutor's side in every case and Scalia occasionally looks at the Bill of Rights. Thomas also sometimes takes a more extreme position on Scalia when it comes to criminalizing speech.

(Seriously, a court with nine Thomases would be utterly terrifying).

Here's a chart from Scotusblog on voting relationships from last year. 

http://www.scotusblog.com/statistics/

They were together 86% of the time.  Which is a healthy number, for sure, and the highest correlation for Scalia.  But there are 5 correlations at 90% or higher. 

So what I said was true...from a certain point of view.

I think the Democrats are frankly afraid.   Chris Christi (sic) has more charisma in his little pinky than Hillary Clinton has demonstrated in her political career.    Christi connects with people.   His RNC speech was one of the best of that entire convention.    The Democrats are really irrelivent now to 2016.    The only thing which can stop Chris Christi (sic)  is Chris Christi and the Republican fringe...

Which means Hillary is likely a lock.

If Chris Christie were to borrow a page from Bill Clinton's playbook and tell the fringe of the GOP to stuff it.... Stand up to them and say..... "what are you going to do?   Where are you going to go?"   Like Clinton did to Jessie Jackson...    Christie would roll into Washington on a wave of popularity...

Our nation is looking for change....  Conservative or Liberal doesn't matter.   We want leaders.   Rehashing the Clinton years of partisan politics corruption and back room deals is only thinknable because most people have forgotton the feeling of Clinton fatigue we all had nationally at the end of the 1990's.   The only thing we find more distasteful would be the politics of destruction and low expections as demonstrated by the Republican party since really Ronald Reagan's big tent appeal left office.

You need to point those out to me. They sometimes disagree on criminal cases as Thomas takes the prosecutor's side in every case and Scalia occasionally looks at the Bill of Rights. Thomas also sometimes takes a more extreme position on Scalia when it comes to criminalizing speech.

(Seriously, a court with nine Thomases would be utterly terrifying).

On average, from 1994 to 2004, Scalia and Thomas had an 86.7% voting alignment, the highest on the Court, followed by Ginsburg and Souter (85.6%).[100] Scalia and Thomas's agreement rate peaked in 1996, at 97.7%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas

Archived