Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now We Know Who The True Elite Qbs Are

shangster

Sorry Big Ben, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco (and yes, even Romo sits to pee), but getting a $100 million dollar contract do not make you elites.

Of the three QBs who got paid big money this off season, Aaron Rodgers is the only one who earns every single penny of his contract -- a true definition of the word elite QB.

Matt Ryan is no game manager; he's a true franchise qb, but he's not elite, either. This is what happens when two of his best weapons are taken away. I can't imagine what he would look like without Gonzalez these past few years.

As for Joe Flacco...lol. I don't care about his post season success, but in no way shape of form should any QB be considered "elite" when he has never passed 4k yards or 30 TDs. He should send flowers to Raheem Moore every Sunday for the next six years (the deal of his mega contract).

As for Romo sits to pee, well...we'll find out in December ;)

Big Ben is a franchise QB...the rest of the team is a bunch of geriatrics.

Eli is a franchise QB playing with a horrible OLine, no run game AT ALL, geriatrics on defense...

Matt Ryan is a bit of a surprise this year but I will give him the benefit of the doubt after playing stellar ball for the past several years. Lost his primary offensive weapons and hasn't been able to get in a rhythm at all this year.

Flacco I agree with to a point but again - no offensive weapons at all and an aging defense...

only ones worth 100m contracts are

Peyton,Brady ,Rogers and maybe Brees all others pale in comparison. Flacco and Eli only had a couple good post season runs otherwise they were average at best. Neither would have won any super bowls without their Defense

People on sports radio here were praising Ryan's contract when it happened..."he's great, we're SB bound, yada, yada."

A guy called in yesterday & was ranting & raving, willing to give away the rest of his season tickets.  I laughed so hard I pulled into my parking space all kinda crooked. :lol:

Well you have the big four: Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. Brady has been mediocre this year(until last game)but I still put him on that list.

Then you have the second tier: really good QBs who do need some help around them. Guys like Ryan, Flacco, and I'd put Eli and Romo sits to pee there too. Possibly Rivers, he looks to have rediscovered his career.

Brady is worth every penny he's paid this year. The Pats are 7-2. Without Brady they'd be closer to 2-7.

The big 4 are Rodgers, Peyton, Rodgers and Brees.

Brees might actually be best of them right now. Though its tough not to go with Peyton.

Of the second tier guys, Rivers finally got out from under Norv. Norv is a wonderful OC. And a putrid HC. No coincidence that he is having a resurgence this year.

Yeah, lets just say we disagree.

there is nothing to disagree about, lol

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/2013/

those are his numbers this season in each game, outside of beating bad teams he has sucked. He is a middle of the pack QB this season.

Im a huge Tom Brady fan, but the numbers dont lie. He hasnt been good this season.

All of the above mentioned elite QBs have had a TON of support through most of their careers.  Brees often struggles on the road.

Those QBs make the players around them better too though, that's the thing.

I mean would guys like Eric Decker or Demeryeus Thomas be as productive without Manning? What were their #s with Tebow at QB? How productive was Wes Welker in Miami when he didn't have Brady/Manning?

IMO, the elite QB are as follows: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. Eli Manning? He's very close to being elite...2013 however isn't helping.

I don't think Eli is close to being elite. He'll have glimpses of the possibility of it, but his consistency is just so poor that it takes him out of the conversation as far as I'm concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Big Ben, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco (and yes, even Romo sits to pee), but getting a $100 million dollar contract do not make you elites.

Of the three QBs who got paid big money this off season, Aaron Rodgers is the only one who earns every single penny of his contract -- a true definition of the word elite QB.

Matt Ryan is no game manager; he's a true franchise qb, but he's not elite, either. This is what happens when two of his best weapons are taken away. I can't imagine what he would look like without Gonzalez these past few years.

As for Joe Flacco...lol. I don't care about his post season success, but in no way shape of form should any QB be considered "elite" when he has never passed 4k yards or 30 TDs. He should send flowers to Raheem Moore every Sunday for the next six years (the deal of his mega contract).

As for Romo sits to pee, well...we'll find out in December ;)

Your Dec logic is flawed.  Based on the previous 4 years, Romo sits to pee has been one of the best QB's in Dec...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/11/29/5157698/things-they-dont-tell-you-on-espn-tony-Romo sits to pee-rocks-december

Things They Don't Tell You On ESPN: Tony Romo sits to pee Rocks December

It is true that Tony Romo sits to pee has done exceptionally well in November. Over his career, he has accumulated a 24-5 record and a 105.5 passer rating in November. But December is a different story, right? Romo sits to pee's December record is 11-15, and the Cowboys famously have not had a winning record in the final month of the season since 2009. But did you know Tony Romo sits to pee has thrown 27 touchdown passes and only 5 interceptions in 13 December games he started in since 2009?

In fact, over those 13 games (which includes the 2011 game against the Eagles in which he threw just two passes before injuring his throwing hand) Romo sits to pee has thrown for 3,654 yards on 302-for-454 passing (66.5%) for a passer rating of 106.3 for December from 2009-2012.

Archived