Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have come back to gloat, sorta.

ChrisFul

Cheif skin..........your my kinda fan.

remember, dallas sucks. they sucked at 5-11 for three years.

they sucked at 0-1 this year. and they suck at 5-1 now.

Our coaches and players have alot of problems to figure out during the bye. Wearing the shty silver and blue is not one of them. :cheers:

I have to have faith in our team. Somehow, someway, Spurrier will figure out how to run the ball consistently. Figure out how to put a tackle on a DE. Tell the D to trust each other, stay true to their responsibilities and keep an out out for a man releasing out into the flat for cryin out loud...........

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Keep the faith gentleman...All our Skins have to do now is sweep the division. :thud:

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Originally posted by bigzak25

Cheif skin..........your my kinda fan.

remember, dallas sucks. they sucked at 5-11 for three years.

they sucked at 0-1 this year. and they suck at 5-1 now.

Our coaches and players have alot of problems to figure out during the bye. Wearing the shty silver and blue is not one of them. :cheers:

I have to have faith in our team. Somehow, someway, Spurrier will figure out how to run the ball consistently. Figure out how to put a tackle on a DE. Tell the D to trust each other, stay true to their responsibilities and keep an out out for a man releasing out into the flat for cryin out loud...........

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Keep the faith gentleman...All our Skins have to do now is sweep the division. :thud:

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Just a question bigzak, not trying to start an argument here, but I keep hearing that Spurrier has to figure how to run the ball consistently....what exactly does that mean? He ran the ball 22 times yesterday, 22 times out of 51 offensive plays. Thats not shabby, especially considering the closing minutes where we pretty much had to pass due to time and the score. Its not the commitment to the run thats the problem in my mind. You can't run the ball when you're getting spanked on the O-Line. Don't care how committed you are or who your RB is. There are a lot of things I blame Spurrier for, this just isn't one of them, for me anyway.

It's cool Tar.

What I mean is not just call the running plays, but he needs to devote some of the time he spends on passing---

and focus on how to have a successful running game...

Is it only our line? Or is it the run blocking scheme too? I don't know.

BUT...here are the stats......

We had 67 yards vs Buffalo. They ran for about 197.

Vs Tampa, we ran for 68 yards. They ran for about 111.

Now Sanfan just beat Tampa...and they ran for 212.

and held Tampa to 70.

The Jets beat buffalo last week, held Travis Henry to 53 yards and rushed for 119.

Obviously, if you can't stop the run your gonna have trouble.

And we knew we'd be in trouble in this dept when we said goodbye to gardener. Oh well.

BUT....our skins have the personell to pound the ball. So I have to blame the run blocking schemes. Granted, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but It makes me sick to see dallas playing martyball with less talent and reaping the rewards.

I thought we'd be 3-4 at this point, but I thought we'd give tampa and buffalo a better fight. Once our skins start having success running the ball, our season will turn. I know...duh.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Just a question bigzak, not trying to start an argument here, but I keep hearing that Spurrier has to figure how to run the ball consistently....what exactly does that mean? He ran the ball 22 times yesterday, 22 times out of 51 offensive plays. Thats not shabby, especially considering the closing minutes where we pretty much had to pass due to time and the score. Its not the commitment to the run thats the problem in my mind. You can't run the ball when you're getting spanked on the O-Line. Don't care how committed you are or who your RB is. There are a lot of things I blame Spurrier for, this just isn't one of them, for me anyway.

Cowboys are 2nd in the NFL in time of possession and 2nd in rushing attempts. That's with an offensive line that some thought was the worse in the NFL last year and Troy Hambrick as their starter. If Parcells figured out how to do it this year with the Cowboys, Spurrier could have too.

Exactly. And Hambrick really sucks. Parcells is protecting QC, making his decision making responsibilities very simple and feasting off playaction. If you take a good lead on Dallas, they are done. But you gotta get them outa their gameplan. Put the pressure on quincy to win the game and he'll fold. Easier said than done, but I know Royboy and Woodson can get beat deep. Gotta power run right at Glover and knock those small LB's on their a$$e$.

Parcells has Dallas acting and playing like winners. That's wht he brings to a franchise. There's nothing in the NFL he hasn't seen. Is Dallas a good team? It's way too early to tell. The Patriots were not a great team when they won the SB, so who knows how far Dallas can go.

As for Carter, I have always liked him. In fact, I hoped that when Hutch took over last year that Carter would be cut so we wouldn't have to deal with him. It appears that his accuracy is improving and, if that is true and he can become more consistent, then we'll see. However, do not be misled by the numbers this year. Carter, as good as he may become, is not in the same league as Ramsey. If you give young Patrick any time at all, he will pick you to pieces. In fact, when he doesn't have any time, he can still pick you apart.

Parcells may take Dallas to the playoffs. I firmly believe that he either would have taken this Skins' team to the SB or he would have cut everyone for lack of effort and started over.

We have far too many problems to cast stones at Dallas' success. I look at them for inspiration when we make the inevitable coaching change. As shown by Dallas and Tampa, it doesn't always take long for a new coach to get it done.

Originally posted by SnydertheHun

Parcells has Dallas acting and playing like winners. That's wht he brings to a franchise. There's nothing in the NFL he hasn't seen. Is Dallas a good team? It's way too early to tell. The Patriots were not a great team when they won the SB, so who knows how far Dallas can go.

As for Carter, I have always liked him. In fact, I hoped that when Hutch took over last year that Carter would be cut so we wouldn't have to deal with him. It appears that his accuracy is improving and, if that is true and he can become more consistent, then we'll see. However, do not be misled by the numbers this year. Carter, as good as he may become, is not in the same league as Ramsey. If you give young Patrick any time at all, he will pick you to pieces. In fact, when he doesn't have any time, he can still pick you apart.

Parcells may take Dallas to the playoffs. I firmly believe that he either would have taken this Skins' team to the SB or he would have cut everyone for lack of effort and started over.

We have far too many problems to cast stones at Dallas' success. I look at them for inspiration when we make the inevitable coaching change. As shown by Dallas and Tampa, it doesn't always take long for a new coach to get it done.

Once again, Redskins fans refuse to give our QB any credit. "Yeah, he may have good numbers, but he sucks. Our guy, who hasn't played as well, is far better" Uh huh.

Chris ... if you're looking to ride the Parcells wave while it's still rising and pick a fight with Art, I think you should know that he's not around at the moment. Man's smarter than all of us, I think ... off on a Carribbean cruise, or at least getting ready to in short order.

Suspect he has better things to do at the moment than deal with the likes of this little thread. So don't fret, I'm sure you can come around and moon him and go "pfffttt" again when he gets back.

Yeeesh. It's come to this. Chris, this is for those who may not have seen it. Your tantrum back in August. Now you come back along with others with a thread that essentially is Nanny nanny boo boo. :rolleyes: Now take a look at your post thee in August. You didn't really think much about the Boys chances either. Actually, if memory serves, during the offseason thee was more confidence in Parcells on Extreme from Skins fans than there was from our Boys fans here. Frankly, just about every pundit out there wasn't sold on the Boys chances either. As for Quincy, we all know that he's been just about the surprise of the year so far, no more so than in Dallas. And you know it. Coming back and sticking your tongue out does nothing for anyone, save you. Whatever blows your dress up man.

Simply put, Parcells, right now, has that team playing surprisingly well. And if you could actually pin him down on it, nobody is more surprised than Bill right now. Hats off to him and the Boys at this juncture of the season.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Yeeesh. It's come to this. Chris, this is for those who may not have seen it. Your tantrum back in August. Now you come back along with others with a thread that essentially is Nanny nanny boo boo. :rolleyes: Now take a look at your post thee in August. You didn't really think much about the Boys chances either. Actually, if memory serves, during the offseason thee was more confidence in Parcells on Extreme from Skins fans than there was from our Boys fans here. Frankly, just about every pundit out there wasn't sold on the Boys chances either. As for Quincy, we all know that he's been just about the surprise of the year so far, no more so than in Dallas. And you know it. Coming back and sticking your tongue out does nothing for anyone, save you. Whatever blows your dress up man.

Simply put, Parcells, right now, has that team playing surprisingly well. And if you could actually pin him down on it, nobody is more surprised than Bill right now. Hats off to him and the Boys at this juncture of the season.

Whatever. The whole point was that i was fed up with art acting all high and mighty about how superior the skins talent was, and I TOLD him there wasn't that much of a difference. Who was right and who was wrong? Answer that one simple question. Regardless of what I thought the boys' chances were, I didnt think that talent gap was as wide as Art claimed. And you know what? It isn't.

Originally posted by ChrisFul

Once again, Redskins fans refuse to give our QB any credit. "Yeah, he may have good numbers, but he sucks. Our guy, who hasn't played as well, is far better" Uh huh.

Are you basing Quincy playing better solely off of QB ratings? REALISTICALLY, anyone who knows football and has watched both these teams play would say Ramsey has been the better QB this season.

Ramsey has endured worse protection, yet has still thrown for more yards. Quincy, from has been seen from similar situations in the past, would've folded big time under all the pressure Ramsey's been under.

I'm not refusing to give your QB credit, he's done fine so far. But you are giving him too much credit. There is more to football than stats, and you can't realistically say that Carter would be playing just as well as he is now under the same circumstances as Ramsey.

Whatever? :laugh: Ok. got me there. Chris you are missing the point. Big time. Maybe you feel validated by the Boys record and performance so far, and to a small extent, you should. However the records and perfomance don't necessarily support your cause. Not saying they don't either, just that there's more than likely alot going on than just talent. Certainly none of this justifies a thread whose sole purpose is to :nana: Bad form and bad timing.

actually as a cowboy fan I was one of the ones who thought if the boys win 5 games this year they would exceed my expectations. looking back, the QB situation wasn't settled, they were going into another new offensive system in 3 years and on paper before the season they had the toughest (or one of the tougest) schedules in the league. winning 5 would seem like a a great acoomplishment. All indicators also pointed to parcells getting things together in the second year of his tenure anywhere he has been.

was I hopeful for this year? not really. to say the cowboys have exceeded my expectations is an understatement. But he has taken a young team and molded them pretty quick. It seems that this bunch just wanted a leader and some direction and coaching and they took to it pretty quick. The one thing that I liked about Parcells during the off season, he did a thorough evaluation of the team, found that there maybe no real strengths in the offensive side and the only area where he may have had some advantage was the WR corp. He went out and signed Glenn to be the 3rd WR and is using the 3 WR set to take advantage of mis-matches. In essence he may have 3 #1 WRs on the team that can create match up problems. This is a pretty comparable group to the one in DC and looking at all three they may be a little better ( of course I am biased), but I am sure there might be a few here who would argue, but the point being that they are a good group (both in DC and Dallas).

He asked QC to be drive the bus (per se) and not have to carry the team, and let the coaches create situations to put the team in winning situation. he has done that. Do I think Ramsey is a better QB? heck yes. Do I wish we had Ramsey? yes I do. But teams have won games without top notch QBs. its not a requirement, though it helps tremendously. QC accepted his role and is playing within the system. Sean Peyton has helped him tremendously.

The one thing I also argued was that the SS system doesn't work in the NFL. I quit arguing on this sine no one was willing to concede and waited until it was proven on the field. This team has three good WRs, two good RB (I would take betts over hambrick, who might be a better FB than RB), a good QB with a great accurate arm, an OL that everyone here was gushing about and this offense is sputtering!?.

How many more stars do you need on the offense for it to succeed? its simply that this offense will not work on a consitant basis in the NFL. Yes they may have some really good games and a few big plays here and there, but its not consistant. The NFL defenses are too complicated, too fast and too good for this offense to work in the current scheme that SS is running it. The biggest problem with this offense is that it doens't provide the QB with enough protection. This offense became more predicatable by the week. if Ramsey continues to get hit like he is, then his career won't get past year 3.

some one suggested that Spurrier at one point in his college career used the shot gun exclusivley and had success, that won't work in the NFL either. you can't just contineously run an offense from a shot gun formation in the NFL.

The skins have enough talent for another coach ( hate the thought, some one like Jimmy Johnson urrghggh) to come in and turn things around. Even Denny Green could do wonders with this offense. The defense needs to be just more disciplined, otherwise there si enough talent there for certain schemes to work.

it seems that the team may have lost the coach and the caoch lost the players. Its tough to get things turned in the middle of the season like this. Is it impossible? no, but its very very tough even for a veteran coach with veteran players. This is a relatively new coach, with a system that hasn't worked in two years, with a lot of young players who are frustrated. its going to be really tough.

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

Are you basing Quincy playing better solely off of QB ratings? REALISTICALLY, anyone who knows football and has watched both these teams play would say Ramsey has been the better QB this season.

Ramsey has endured worse protection, yet has still thrown for more yards. Quincy, from has been seen from similar situations in the past, would've folded big time under all the pressure Ramsey's been under.

I'm not refusing to give your QB credit, he's done fine so far. But you are giving him too much credit. There is more to football than stats, and you can't realistically say that Carter would be playing just as well as he is now under the same circumstances as Ramsey.

Ok. I like to think I know a little about football, and I've watched them both play this year. (about four games for Ramsey)

I don't see what you are saying. I'll admit, the first couple of games, Ramsey looked like the real deal. But since then, he has tailed off considerably.

As for Q..... he has improved with every game. Decision making and pin point throws are beginning to be the norm for him.

You state that Ramsey has more yards. Whoop de doo.....

You realize that the skins have been playing catch up, right? With an anemic running game? The Boys have been protecting leads handing the ball off. Hard to rack up passing stats doing that. And, he didn't even play the 4th quarter yesterday.

You also state that Q would be folding under the pressure. (if there were any) Just what would you call the end of the Giants game, a walk in the park?

You guys have a nice young QB. But that doesn't make him Sammy Baugh reincarnate.

Try and be a little more objective. And/or realistic. Don't let your hatred of the Boys squelch your common sense.

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

Ramsey the better QB this season????

You are delusional.

The only reason Patrick has more yards is because he's played one more game than Quincy has. Ramsey has been awful for 4 weeks in a row now. Quincy has 5 wins in a row. Ramsey? Quincy leads the #4 offense in the NFL. Ramsey captains the #17th. You wanna compare yards? Lets look at passing yards per game, since Ramsey hasn't had a bye week yet. Dallas is 10th in passing per game, 224 yards per. Washington is 13th at 217 per. Carter whips Ramsey in every individual passing stat as well, save for TD/INTs where both are 2 over on TD passes.

Yeah, Ramsey has been the MUCH better QB.

Yes, lose the argument, resort to childishness. Anyways, i dont care what you all think. I just want art to read it and steam, knowing that after all his preseason crowing that his "Vastly superior" team now sits at the bottom of the NFC East while the team that was lucky to win 5 games this year has done so....in the first 6 games and now sits in the driver's seat in the division.

Archived