Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Redskins Waive S Jordan Pugh (Again)

TK

For Immediate Release

October 29, 2013

REDSKINS WAIVE S JORDAN PUGH

The Washington Redskins announced today that they have waived safety Jordan Pugh. The 25-year-old safety appeared in four games with Washington this season in two different stints, registering an interception at Denver in Week 8.

Not a fan of the move but specify an alternative...  FWIW, I want Minnifield and Nick Williams elevated from the practice squad before they are filched by another team.  

It always burns me how coaches like Belichick churn through the bottom halves of their rosters actively searching for solutions while we stand pat and twiddle our thumbs -- as if nothing pro-active can be done once the initial 53-man card is filled.

The only upside to losing early is creativity.  Find out what you've got.  As long as we're in this pit of a race called the NFC East it will be more of the same, more of the same, more of the same.

And I'd bring in Zoltan Mesko, like, yesterday.

So what happens when Meriweather gets suspended again. Sound like a stupid move to me.

My guess is they'll call him and sign him again.  it's a gamble, but the probability of Pugh still being available is probably pretty good.  And if he isn't, it's Jordan Pugh, not Ronnie Lott.  

Waive the guy who just produced.

Welcome back the guy who's done nothing but earn penalties and a suspension.

It's how we roll.

Hail.

I try to reserve judgement until I see an end result of the coaches scheme but at this moment, that is exactly what it looks like. I seriously am losing a lot of faith in these coaches but they blow my mind with something that redeems them later though. The kid looked like he could turn into something later so cutting him is a risk IMO.

We definitely need help in the secondary and the INT was great, but folks are acting like Pugh made some sort of spectacular athletic play.  The ball bounced into his hands.   More luck than anything IMO.  

That being said...I agree that someone who has yet to see the field should have been released.

Archived