Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

****,  please. I found Witcher 3 combat fun as hell. Its the forced morality that some people (not me) have a problem with. That and the ****tillion side quests. 😁

Most people seem to enjoy it but I couldn't get into it. Combat felt too stiff, didn't even like the running animation or feel. Felt like he had a wide turn radius and was too rigid. The actual combat just felt too bullet spongey. Felt like you were just hacking away at trees until their health went down and they died. And I didn't like the way all the food and potions and spells were communicated or interfaced. Wasn't very intuitive 

Speaking of CDPR, I don't think Cyberpunk is going to be good. I'm officially a doubter. Prove me wrong but my expectations are on the floor pretty much right now. I'm fine with delays but this last minute delay when they've already spent a ton on advertising and PR around that specific date signals a bigger problem, something they weren't confident a post-release patch could resolve. 

I know next to nothing about game development but it just seems like a big deal to back out now. I think the world will be amazing to explore and will be gorgeous but I'm not sure any of the systems or gameplay within it are going to live up to expectations. 

• Like 1

It's for the best. I was just getting ready to post a link about all the **** they cut out (wall running, extensive car customization,  tech gadgets,  dual wielding), basically a lot of what had me excited.

Maybe they'll give it another look.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

It's for the best. I was just getting ready to post a link about all the **** they cut out (wall running, extensive car customization,  tech gadgets,  dual wielding), basically a lot of what had me excited.

Maybe they'll give it another look.

I'm sure it's for the best but it's a bad sign they are still this far behind. When did that stuff get cut out? 

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm sure it's for the best but it's a bad sign they are still this far behind. When did that stuff get cut out? 

Somewhere between now, and that initial gameplay teaser, 2-3 years ago, or whatever it was. Their reasoning is that they couldn't come to consensus on how to make that work with the overall meat of the game, so they scrapped it. But it smelled bad from the start. Delaying, delaying, then time crunching,  and delaying again starts to make a little more sense.

• Like 1

It better be good. With all the delays people will not give them the benefit of a doubt at this point. I have a group me with my friends called Night City Bacon (cause bacon makes everything better) and they are seriously considering removing the name Bacon from it before it is ruined forever. 

Cats aint playing when they are protecting Bacon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some people trade in their systems for the new one and want to still play older games that have no trade value anymore.

Some people don't.

To each their own, but for me it's a nice perk (and I dont trade in my old systems) to see favorited games get polished. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

i wish that was my job. Hey - go play video games. Ill pay you. 

Dude, I had a friend who failed out of college because all he did was smoke and game. Worked his behind off, made it back in. After graduation he got a job . . . testing video games. In Seattle. That ***hole.

• Haha 2

I finished the Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access.

The game has the potential to be great but clearly still needs polishing and cleaning up. I can't wait for full release though. I'm not going to replay it as I missed some things and I don't want to spoil myself until the full release. If you're an RPG fan it's going to be a must own.

Regarding Cyberpunk: I'm fine waiting. Would rather wait and get the game at its absolute best then have crap released and have to wait for post release patches.

31 minutes ago, JCB said:

Dude, I had a friend who failed out of college because all he did was smoke and game. Worked his behind off, made it back in. After graduation he got a job . . . testing video games. In Seattle. That ***hole.

I know someone who used to test games and its actually miserable. You're not really PLAYING playing the game as you're basically just doing monotonous, repetitive things to make sure there are no bugs.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Just what I wanted to buy a new $500 console for. 

To play games I could play right now if I wanted to!

You play arcade games from 30+ years ago. You really can't see why someone would want to be able to still play their favorite games without having to hook up an old system?

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I know someone who used to test games and its actually miserable. You're not really PLAYING playing the game as you're basically just doing monotonous, repetitive things to make sure there are no bugs.

Agree. Game testing sounds like it would make me hate gaming. Being a game reviewer or now a streamer is where you want to be to actually "play games" for a living

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Halo ODST:  Bunk.  I can't even.  Wow.  WOW.  Worst Halo game, by Bungie?  

Did you not like the open world and interconnected stories? It was different. Started as Halo 3 DLC but it got so big they just made it a side game. I liked how it incorporated firefight into the campaign with areas where you had to hold the line. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Am I missing something or is that just the original trailer for new Horizon being posted again?

Maybe. I don't recall any trailers, just a teaser, and several articles, but I also recall playing Zero Dawn around the same time, so perhaps I "Intentionally missed" something,  and just don't remember. 

On 10/30/2020 at 11:20 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

(Picks up KCD again).

I am on a quest for a weird ass preacher, stalking three women (accused of "Witchcraft") into the woods. One of the first quests that feels truly unique.

I gave up on KCD, love the game, but I level capped doing all of the side quests. Just doesn't make the main game fun anymore...

• Sad 1
19 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I gave up on KCD, love the game, but I level capped doing all of the side quests. Just doesn't make the main game fun anymore...

I feel you. My main gripe is that there's a whole lot nothing's between towns and villages. Just the same lush nothingness, with a few weird sculptures, loot, and bandits here and there.

If someone can capitalize off the template though (on PS5), and replace Bethesda, theres monies to be made

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I feel you. My main gripe is that there's a whole lot nothing's between towns and villages. Just the same lush nothingness, with a few weird sculptures, loot, and bandits here and there.

If someone can capitalize off the template though (on PS5), and replace Bethesda, theres monies to be made

I think Warhorse (developers of KCD) got bought by THQ, so they should have more cashflow to make a more polished game. I'm excited to see what they will do in the future, if they're allowed to do it.

One thing KCD did that I didn't like, but almost all RPGs do, money becomes useless pretty early on in the game. I rarely needed money for anything, but when I did, I had more than I ever needed.

• Like 1