DM72

Xbox One Vs Ps4

No talk of FFVII or Resident Evil 3 remakes??

I purchased the bundle of RE2 & RE3 remakes for like $77. People's biggest complaint about RE3 remake is that it cuts out some sections and felt too short to them. I took my time dicking around and beat it in like 9 hours. I enjoyed it. Obviously it doesn't have the same absolute WOW factor that the RE2 remake did, as that surprised everybody. This is still a pretty good experience. I do wish that Nemesis had stayed in his two-legged form for longer though lol. There is also less replay-ability overall, but it still a great remastering. I'm a big sucker for Resident Evil though, so maybe I'm biased.

Only played the FFVII demo so far, but I have lots of mates who have been playing the full game like 12 hours straight. It seems to be a hit.

Yeah, I've heard rumours, but again, nothing definitive,  and I I wouldnt trust anything until I see an official statement or press release. But I agree, if they want to get stuff off shelves, p r.c probably a base model price of $399

@Captain James I was coming in here to ask if anyone had played RE3 or FFVII yet. Can't wait. Unfortunately I haven't even played 2 yet. Playing Spider-Man right now.

• Like 1

I saw some conjecture online about it being on the high end $700-800 could this be true, again I’ve been out of it for a while, so please forgive my ignorance. 

And am trying to decide wether I want to buy the new system or jump on a Xbox one X due to its strength of streaming play..

I doubt it. I mean they could float it to test the reaction, but $800 for a standard console is a hard sell no matter how you slice it, performance wise.

• Like 1

There is no chance the consoles will be more than $500.  Sony got a ton of flack for the $600 PS3 model and that price quickly dropped.

Whatever you read about $700 or $800 is just never going to happen.

• Like 2

So I was playing Spider-Man , but my nephew saw and was immediately like "Gimme gimme gimme." Ended up letting him have it and take it to his mom's for awhile.

So I went and started up Red Dead Redemption 2. So far so good. Not a fan of the clunky movement though. That's gonna take some adjusting. Firefights felt pretty lifelike, but as a result it made shooting for headshots pretty damn easy, even with all the cowardly auto aiming stuff disabled.

I heard you can alter your weight, and that the character Arthur is morally adaptable.  My aim is to be a bearded, fat, shotty toting monster.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So I went and started up Red Dead Redemption 2. So far so good. Not a fan of the clunky movement though. That's gonna take some adjusting. Firefights felt pretty lifelike, but as a result it made shooting for headshots pretty damn easy, even with all the cowardly auto aiming stuff disabled.

I heard you can alter your weight, and that the character Arthur is morally adaptable.  My aim is to be a bearded, fat, shotty toting monster.

yeah the movement speed is so much slower than you’d expect but that by design because it fits with all the systems in the game  and to add to the realism. You’ll get used to it. But yeah he can be super skinny or a big ole turkey boi and hair/beard grows however you want. 

the opening tutorial area isn’t the best but has some good story beats. Once you get out of that area the game and the freedom improves immensely 

you’re in for hell of a ride 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah the movement speed is so much slower than you’d expect but that by design for realism and to add to the realism. You’ll get used to it. But yeah he can be super skinny or a big ole turkey boi and hair/beard grows however you want. 

the opening tutorial area isn’t the best but has some good story beats. Once you get out of that area the game and the freedom improves immensely 

you’re in for hell of a ride 

Yeah I think I'm still in the orientation stage (the shacks in the blizzard). Just now got the bow. I assume everything takes off after this train heist. Then I can start on my campaign of evil.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Firefights felt pretty lifelike, but as a result it made shooting for headshots pretty damn easy

You know how I know you've never shot a real gun?

I signed up to Xbox Game Pass tonight for the $1 trial month and immediately turned off recurring payments, so I could play Ori Will of the Wisps.  This game probably has the best graphics and art style I've ever played.  And the music in the game just fits it so perfectly and probably has some of the best music in a game too.  Such an amazing experience and I'm only 1 hour in.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I think I'm still in the orientation stage (the shacks in the blizzard). Just now got the bow. I assume everything takes off after this train heist. Then I can start on my campaign of evil.

pretty much. 

18 minutes ago, purbeast said:

signed up to Xbox Game Pass tonight for the $1 trial month and immediately turned off recurring payments, so I could play Ori Will of the Wisps.  This game probably has the best graphics and art style I've ever played.  And the music in the game just fits it so perfectly and probably has some of the best music in a game too.  Such an amazing experience and I'm only 1 hour in.

Can’t wait to play this. It’s next on my list 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You know how I know you've never shot a real gun?

You know how I know that what you said is confusing on several fronts?

1) Knowing how to fire a gun, and firing in a life or death situation are two vastly different things

2) I was talking about enemy movement,  and how it being more life-like (meaning not like a video game) made headshots (as in video game headshots)  easier. Your statement seems out of place. But I think you misinterpreted what I was saying.

3) I own several guns and practice with them fairly often (mostly I use my glock 34) ,  originally it was in hopes of helping secure a private security gig in the DC area

Edited by Mr. Sinister

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You know how I know that what you said is confusing on several fronts?

2) I was talking about enemy movement,  and how it being more life-like (meaning not like a video game) made headshots (as in video game headshots)  easier. Your statement seems out of place. But I think you misinterpreted what I was saying.

That clears things up lol.

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, purbeast said:

Only good thing I read about it yesterday is that it has a mic built into the controller for a quick voice chat with buddies if playing online.  Seems pretty cool.  I also think the overall dimensions of it is way better.  It looks like it has some bulk and won't feel like a child's toy that you can snap in half just by twisting it.

I think the built-in mic is the worst part of the controller. Can you imagine playing a multiplayer game and hearing 2-3 other player's click-clacking from the controller, eating food, screaming matches with their parents, and screaming kids. *shudder*

I'm glad headsets are still supported, but hopefully there is just an option to disable the controller mic in games or in system settings. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 1:51 PM, Captain James said:

No talk of FFVII or Resident Evil 3 remakes??

I purchased the bundle of RE2 & RE3 remakes for like $77. People's biggest complaint about RE3 remake is that it cuts out some sections and felt too short to them. I took my time dicking around and beat it in like 9 hours. I enjoyed it. Obviously it doesn't have the same absolute WOW factor that the RE2 remake did, as that surprised everybody. This is still a pretty good experience. I do wish that Nemesis had stayed in his two-legged form for longer though lol. There is also less replay-ability overall, but it still a great remastering. I'm a big sucker for Resident Evil though, so maybe I'm biased.

Only played the FFVII demo so far, but I have lots of mates who have been playing the full game like 12 hours straight. It seems to be a hit.

I just finished Resident Evil 3 Remake last night. Played it on PC at 100+fps. 😎 I'm not much of a Resident Evil fan, but I remember playing RE:Nemesis back in the day and wanted to play this one again. It's fine. Nemesis is way too predictable, and by the 100th time fighting him, I just wanted it to be over with, but the voice acting is well done and it looks just as good as RE2 Remake. It's a bit short tho. Only took me 6 hours to finish it. 

I am on chapter 9 in FF7 Remake. Level 19. It's my Game of the Year right now. It's more of a reimagining of the original game, as there are some new wrinkles in the story, some things they changed, and things they've expanded on. For example, the Avalanche group may have had a total of a dozen lines for each member in the original game, but in this one they are full-fleshed out characters with their own backstories. Some wonder if it's worth $60 when it ends at Midgar, I say 1000% yes. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

I booted up The Division 2 on my PC again since it was sitting in my backlog. First time I got bored like 2 hours into. Thought I’d give it another try, especially now that I have a better GPU. 

The game is a crime against whoever spent their time designing the open world. For what might be the best graphics I’ve ever seen in any game, it is the most empty, boring game of all time. Zero gameplay mechanics beyond run, take cover, shoot. Just awful and a total waste of amazing world design. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

EA is soooo dead to me.

I think the last time I cared about EA was back in the early-to-mid aughts.  Back before the ****ty practices, and they actually made interesting games.  The GCN/PS2/XBOX era James Bond games were pretty cool, for example.  Actually, I need to go back and play Agent Under Fire.  Never did play that one.

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

I think the last time I cared about EA was back in the early-to-mid aughts.  Back before the ****ty practices, and they actually made interesting games.  The GCN/PS2/XBOX era James Bond games were pretty cool, for example.  Actually, I need to go back and play Agent Under Fire.  Never did play that one.

Same. Now their like a damn virus. Not surprising that Division is some trash.  Agent Under Fire was one I missed too. I remember playing it on t htt e Cube at a friends house way back in like '02-ish. Sneaky good.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Same. Now their like a damn virus. Not surprising that Division is some trash.  Agent Under Fire was one I missed too. I remember playing it on t htt e Cube at a friends house way back in like '02-ish. Sneaky good.

Nightfire was great.  I understand it was the better of the two, but I expect Under Fire to be similarly fun.  And then there was Everything Or Nothing which still had the cool "Bond Moments" concept, but took the game into the third-person which changed up the gameplay a bit.

And the gadgets.  Wasn't it so much cooler having actual gadgets rather than everything being a Smartphone App?  Like the car-keys that doubled as a taser or the lighter that was also a spy-camera in Nightfire.  Man, if I was quarantined, I think I'd spend some time going back and playing those again.

• Like 1