DM72

Xbox One Vs Ps4

Hey man, question.  Is the PC version web browser based like Battlefield?  Cause if it is, that blows imo.  I prefer to install and just play from the program itself, not fire up a browser like BF3 and BF4 utilizing Battlefield.  

he probably hasn't played it. it's in game. you boot up origin, then boot up TF, then join a game.

he probably hasn't played it. it's in game. you boot up origin, then boot up TF, then join a game.

Cool, I might get it for PC then.  Of course when Elder Scrolls Online comes out in a few weeks, most all of my other games on PS3 or PC will not matter.

Bro, do you even game?

I play way more than I should considering I have a wife and two kids. But yeah, bro, I game. lol....so irrelevant to my post but whatever.

Cool, I might get it for PC then.  Of course when Elder Scrolls Online comes out in a few weeks, most all of my other games on PS3 or PC will not matter.

Have you played ESO? I participated in the beta they had this weekend and honestly wasn't that impressed. If anything all it did was make me want to go back and play skyrim again.

Tried to convince all my gamer buddies to go PS4, but noooo. Most of them don't even have a One yet. They wanted the new Halo, which I don't even like (obviously mean the ones in the past, but I assume the new one will be very similar). Titanfall is okay, but it's a bit repetitive. Feel like it will get old in a couple months...

And The Show looks amazing. I had fun with the 2k baseball games, so I'd probably be on The Show nonstop.... So much for that. The ****ers.

If you enjoyed the 2k baseball games, the Show is going to blow your mind...

I play way more than I should considering I have a wife and two kids. But yeah, bro, I game. lol....so irrelevant to my post but whatever.

Haha, just joking around man. Good times!

• Like 1

Have you played ESO? I participated in the beta they had this weekend and honestly wasn't that impressed. If anything all it did was make me want to go back and play skyrim again.

I played the Beta two rounds ago, the Stress test one.  The last one I was out of town, this past one I said screw it.  I was hoping the Beta would be longer than a couple of days at a time, like 2-4 weeks.  

Like all MMORPGs I will play it strictly for the PvP.  I could care less about the lore, story line, etc.  I've been playing Tera Online since launch, so it's an adjustment to say the least.  I was hoping you would be able to PK and actually loot the person when you killed them (i.e. Ultima Online, Darkfall, etc.) but I read you can't.  

As long as they have open world PvP, I'll give it a shot and go from there.  

Resistance and Killzone vs Halo, Gears of War and Titanfall?

If you like FPS then hey there's really no competition there, XBOX ONE wins all 3 of those franchices wipe the floor with Killzone or Resistance easy.

Now if you're one of the many people who are SICK of FPSes. Then PS4 wins every-time. Better studios, better games. 

Why do PS4 players care if Xbox One players prefer their console and vice versa? Why does it matter at all?

It doesn't to me.  Of course, I've always owned both (PS, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360).  I'm not big into single player games, story lines in games, etc.  so for me, playing mainly games offered on both systems, I decided to hold off buying both.  I went with the PS4 because 80% of my friends/family game on the Sony platform, so I enjoy playing them online in games.  

Also, I felt this time around that MS forced consumers to pay an extra $100 for a system because it came with the new kinect.  Personally, I don't like not having options when I am going to spend that much money on something.  I bought a Kinect for the 360, my daughter used it literally two or three times.  I refuse to be forced to pay more for something I don't need because they are greedy and can't just release a system without one for a hundred dollars cheaper.

Both are great systems imo.  Once they come down in price or you can buy one without the Kinect at the same price the PS4 is, I might pick it up.  Don't get me wrong, there are some exclusive games I like on each platform, so time will tell.

Why do PS4 players care if Xbox One players prefer their console and vice versa? Why does it matter at all?

I guess only Sony fanboys like Youngchew can answer that.  Most Xbox owners don't even care about stats and Sony websites reviewing Xbox games.  We more or less enjoy our console, our games, our experience.  Sony owners play there game for 5 minutes, tell everyone how awesome it is, hoping they can compare it to an Xbox equivalent to try and hurt feelings, then trade it in....

I guess only Sony fanboys like Youngchew can answer that.  Most Xbox owners don't even care about stats and Sony websites reviewing Xbox games.  We more or less enjoy our console, our games, our experience.  Sony owners play there game for 5 minutes, tell everyone how awesome it is, hoping they can compare it to an Xbox equivalent to try and hurt feelings, then trade it in....

Hopefully I can get some sort of answer, as I am really curious as it makes no sense. Or even better, we can just stop talking about it and enjoy the games. If the Xbox One has better graphics on a game, or the PS4 has better graphics on a game, so what? The graphic differences between these two consoles is so slim it doesnt matter, and yet people are arguing over them. Just enjoy your console and your games. Get what your friends have so you can play together. If you want to argue about better graphics get a PC. I personally dont have a PC as I just prefer the gaming experience of a console. A slight difference in graphics means nothing.

It doesn't to me.  Of course, I've always owned both (PS, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360).  I'm not big into single player games, story lines in games, etc.  so for me, playing mainly games offered on both systems, I decided to hold off buying both.  I went with the PS4 because 80% of my friends/family game on the Sony platform, so I enjoy playing them online in games.  

Also, I felt this time around that MS forced consumers to pay an extra $100 for a system because it came with the new kinect.  Personally, I don't like not having options when I am going to spend that much money on something.  I bought a Kinect for the 360, my daughter used it literally two or three times.  I refuse to be forced to pay more for something I don't need because they are greedy and can't just release a system without one for a hundred dollars cheaper.

Both are great systems imo.  Once they come down in price or you can buy one without the Kinect at the same price the PS4 is, I might pick it up.  Don't get me wrong, there are some exclusive games I like on each platform, so time will tell.

Yeah not directed at you Taze. I just keep seeing this back and forth like people have something personally invested in these systems, like if you dont like it your insulting a family member. So the question is more directed at them. Who cares if someone prefers the PS4 or the Xbox One, or likes the kinect or doesnt. Seems like a lot of wasted energy that could instead be spent discussing the games on the consoles instead... and would be a more enjoyable discussion.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

As much as I love to hate on Microsoft, I don't consider the bundling of the Kinect to be greed. By bundling, they can guarantee the developers that everybody will have one, so the developers will be far more likely to support it with their games. Look at the Wii, for example. It came with those motion controls, and every developer wanted to take advantage of it. Then Sony came in with a me-too attitude and added the Move as an optional controller later on in the console's lifespan. It flopped; few people bothered buying it and few developers bothered supporting it, especially as anything more than an optional control for a game rather than building specifically for the Move.
  • Like 2

As much as I love to hate on Microsoft, I don't consider the bundling of the Kinect to be greed. By bundling, they can guarantee the developers that everybody will have one, so the developers will be far more likely to support it with their games. Look at the Wii, for example. It came with those motion controls, and every developer wanted to take advantage of it. Then Sony came in with a me-too attitude and added the Move as an optional controller later on in the console's lifespan. It flopped; few people bothered buying it and few developers bothered supporting it, especially as anything more than an optional control for a game rather than building specifically for the Move.

I ended up getting an Xbox One after going back and forth for awhile. I would have been fine spending 100 less and not get the Kinect, but I can see why they bundled it. It really does work well in the system, I actually use it all the time for voice commands and navigating through menus, apps, tv, etc. But if someone has no interest in it and got a PS4 because just the thought of the Kinect irritates them, more power to them. Doesnt effect my enjoyment of the Xbox One, and I probably wouldnt mind getting a PS4 as well down the road if I had the money to spend on two consoles. Its just mind boggling.

Not bundling the kinect would of been the stupidest thing MSFT could of done in a while, and they have done a lot of stupid things. They invested so much money into the development of it. And besides, if you take away the kinect and lower the price buy 100, you're left with a system that costs the same as a PS4 but is a lot less powerful. And sure, the differences aren't TOO noticable right now, but I guarantee you the gap will widen in the coming years. And it may seem like i hate on the XB1 a lot, which I do. But I am not a microsoft hater. A surface pro 2 is my main computer and I gave windows 8 phones a shot, but they sucked. 

Oh and Metal gear comes out tonight, yay. 

Edited by ZardTard

Oh and Metal gear comes out tonight, yay. 

I have never played the Metal Gear games, but have always been interested by them. May end up playing this, though wonder if I would be a little last as I have no idea the storyline from the previous games.

I have never played the Metal Gear games, but have always been interested by them. May end up playing this, though wonder if I would be a little last as I have no idea the storyline from the previous games.

This is a prequel to the next one which is out early 2015. 30 dollars for this one. And I dont know the story either, but I enjoy the ones I have played. 

This is a prequel to the next one which is out early 2015. 30 dollars for this one. And I dont know the story either, but I enjoy the ones I have played. 

I am really looking forward to Destiny and The Division the most of the upcoming games. Cant wait to try those out. Anyone else heard about No Mans Sky? The concept of that game is very exciting.

I have played every game in the MGS series multiple times and I still don't have any clue what the hell is going on.

• Like 2

Eurogamer MGS: GZ speed run, beat it in 10 minutes. Another guy doing just a normal run of the main story (no side quests or anything like that) ended up beating it in 37 minutes. I'll pick this up when it's 15 bucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dINNhfwVgI&feature=youtu.be

Not sure how I would feel even paying 15 bucks for 37 minutes of gameplay. Thats more a 5 dollar game.

Not sure how I would feel even paying 15 bucks for 37 minutes of gameplay. Thats more a 5 dollar game.

I wouldn't even say $5. I can get the Walking Dead episodes for $5 each and that'll get me at least 1.5 hours of gameplay.