Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Literally no one credible but mostly randoms on forums are saying it. Go look at how many people are complaining about frame rate issues for the PS4. Let's declare it an inferior gaming system based on that eh?

So stupid to even be having this conversation when the X1 isn't even out nor have either console releasd their blockbuster next gen exclusives.

Literally no one credible but mostly randoms on forums are saying it. Go look at how many people are complaining about frame rate issues for the PS4. Let's declare it an inferior gaming system based on that eh?

So stupid to even be having this conversation when the X1 isn't even out nor have either console releasd their blockbuster next gen exclusives.

I suppose you're referring to the framerate issues with CoD: Ghosts....where Polygon claimed it suffered from frequent drops. Turns out they were wrong. It was actually exceeding 60 FPS:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-whats-fixed-and-whats-not-in-the-cod-ghosts-ps4-patch

So just what is going on? Well, a close look at our captures reveals that Call of Duty: Ghosts actually runs at higher frame-rates than 60fps on a fairly frequent basis, despite the video output being limited to 60Hz.

This has since been patched along with upping the native resolution to 1080p.

I suppose you're referring to the framerate issues with CoD: Ghosts....where Polygon claimed it suffered from frequent drops. Turns out they were wrong. It was actually exceeding 60 FPS:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-whats-fixed-and-whats-not-in-the-cod-ghosts-ps4-patch

This has since been patched along with upping the native resolution to 1080p.

The article you linked states numerous times itself that the game is suffering from patchiness and irregular frame drops and the patch fix wasn't a complete fix ......

CNet rated PS4 higher than XBox One (for now). However that's mostly on the fact that voice commands are clunky any often the only option when using the advanced features. Also meaning that you have to have the Kinect hooked up if you want to used the system for anything other than gaming.

Now my opinion is that both systems are good for gaming but it seems that Microsoft might have bit off more than it could chew when trying to intigrate these "next gen features". I think the snap integration will be difficult, along with watching live TV through the system and recording gameplay.

It’s Xbox One launch day, and Microsoft and gamers will be eager to get the new console into homes and playing games as quickly as possible. But things aren’t going according to plan, and faulty Xbox One consoles have made it to retail.

The biggest problem so far? Faulty Blu-ray drives. Some new owners are getting their Xbox One home to find the Blu-ray drive makes a terrible noise and doesn’t read game discs. Multiple videos have appeared on YouTube demonstrating the problem, one of which I have included below:

http://www.geek.com/games/xbox-one-launch-faulty-drives-scratched-cases-and-misplaced-test-discs-1578034/

Played madden for a little bit when I got home last night, pretty cool. I'll try battlefield when I get home from work and let everyone know it plays. May try and find dead rising or ryse someone today but all the games are available for purchase on Xbox live anyway.

Was waiting to hear what issues would arise with the Xbox One. Nice to see they didn't disappoint.

Do they rush to get this crap out? I mean you literally have years to work these kinks out and still there are major issues on Day 1. It's pathetic.

I'll wait to get one. The xb1 appeals to me only because I'm a more casual gamer and don't need the best frame rates and graphics (technical mumbo jumbo that means absolutely nothing to me). Plus I think the integration with TV and such is pretty cool. I always thought they should just have you get cable through your gaming system. It would be so much easier. But I'll wait until the system actually works as opposed to getting a system right away.

I didn't pre-order and I didn't go stand in line to get one of the "additional inventory" last night. But will I be able to buy an xbox one for my kid some time between now and Christmas?

You might have to try hard (call around to multiple stores, wait in a line, and whatnot), but you might be able to get snag one. If I had to guess, your best bet would probably be to go aggressive the first week of December. I bet that is when the new shipments come in.

Madden looks a little better, not exactly the major bump I was expecting but battlefield is breathtaking. I was playing the campaign while installing the game and had quite a few "wow" moments. If you get an one, immediately purchase battlefield. I just bought dead rising but have yet to play it.

Archived