Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

picking up my copy of madden 15 tonight when i get off work!! hope its as good, if not better, than madden 25 :) been playing madden 25 all summer (with cheats on) so i win every game 255-0 (sometimes teams score up to 28 points on me lol). all my wide recievers are in all the record book spots :)

Which system you getting for

I played Madden at midnight last night for about an hour.  Love the preload.  Very nice.

I like the tutorials.  I really enjoyed how it teaches you how to identify the defense and how to attack it.  Very cool.

I only played a couple of games, haven't started a franchise yet, but I like it but I'm not blown away.

IMO, EA spends too much time on the cut-scene type graphics and not enough on the actual in game graphics.  I'm not sure what it is, but it still isn't blowing me away even though this game was made for the "next gen".  Again, this is just a first take.  I haven't played long enough, but, I don't know why EA can't get the graphics like NBA2k or The Show.  Both of those games just blew me away.  Madden... meh... 

what was the sim stats bug?

Inaccurate statistics in simmed games in franchise

If the stats are inaccurate there is no use buying

From other forum

"

For those unaware, the bad sim stats are directly related to QBs declining rapidly, some losing as much as 15 ratings points in two/three years, due to the new confidence ratings introduced this year."

I played Madden at midnight last night for about an hour.  Love the preload.  Very nice.

I like the tutorials.  I really enjoyed how it teaches you how to identify the defense and how to attack it.  Very cool.

I only played a couple of games, haven't started a franchise yet, but I like it but I'm not blown away.

IMO, EA spends too much time on the cut-scene type graphics and not enough on the actual in game graphics.  I'm not sure what it is, but it still isn't blowing me away even though this game was made for the "next gen".  Again, this is just a first take.  I haven't played long enough, but, I don't know why EA can't get the graphics like NBA2k or The Show.  Both of those games just blew me away.  Madden... meh... 

I just picked up the Ultimate edition 20 mins ago (on my lunch break - haven't played it yet).  My guess on the in-game graphics, and I'm not a programer or anything, is that you have so many more multiple moving objects on the screen than some of the other games, with all the added effects (i.e. physics motion system thingy, manual control availability, etc.), not to mention its a zoomed out look for the most part, that having high end graphics would slow down/impact the gameplay.  

That's just my guess, and I could be way off.  But when you look at MLB the Show, its a pitcher/batter perspective until the ball is hit, then its zoomed way out and the graphics don't really come into play.  Same with NBA2K, its 5 on 5 on a smaller playing field, (i.e. there is less surface area used compared to Madden - meaning, while its scaled down, it's still proportionate).  

Not saying they couldn't be improved, but most likely other functionality would have to be scaled down in order to compensate.  The biggest concern for me is stable servers and fixes to disconnect glitches/nanos for online play along with smooth game play.  I can take a hit to the graphics.  

I know a lot feel that this is the same version since 2008, etc. etc., and that's fine.  I don't care if they repackage 25 with updated rosters, I love to get my Madden on.  

^^^ that's correct. 2k and The Show have 10 players on the field and screen at once max and hardly any player/player interaction, Madden has 22 with constant contact, battling and interaction and it's played on a much larger field with more fans.

Im not saying Madden can't improve, it's just not fair to compare to those two games.

Btw, I really enjoy the graphics on Madden 15 so far. The colors are toned down quite a bit so the players don't look nearly as cartoony as years past.

picking up my copy of madden 15 tonight when i get off work!! hope its as good, if not better, than madden 25 :) been playing madden 25 all summer (with cheats on) so i win every game 255-0 (sometimes teams score up to 28 points on me lol). all my wide recievers are in all the record book spots :)

As a person coming from the opposite end of the spectrum (I tweak the settings to try and get the most realistic simulation style experience as possible), I'm curious why people get enjoyment out of dominating the AI using cheats?

As a person coming from the opposite end of the spectrum (I tweak the settings to try and get the most realistic simulation style experience as possible), I'm curious why people get enjoyment out of dominating the AI using cheats?

Well, for me, I took control of just about every team in madden 25, that way I can go to whichever team I want and trade great QBs, wide recievers, right ends, RBs, and defensive players to the redskins, then I get 3 TDs for each player each game (adding up to 96 TDs on the season for QBs, then 48 TDs on the season for my RBs and wide recievers, plus lots of my d-line (MLBs, ROLBs, LOLBs and DTs) have 20+ sacks on the season by seasons end, while my corners and safety's have 10+ interceptions by seasons end. This way, in the career records list, all my QBs have all 10 spots on each category and same for my RBs, WRs and defensive players. And I believe Kai Forbatn has 344/345 field goals in my 4th franchise season. That's all I really do the cheats for.

But hey, if you like making it fair, more power to you man. Not tryin to convince you one way or the other to use cheats, just saying why I use them.

Well, for me, I took control of just about every team in madden 25, that way I can go to whichever team I want and trade great QBs, wide recievers, right ends, RBs, and defensive players to the redskins, then I get 3 TDs for each player each game (adding up to 96 TDs on the season for QBs, then 48 TDs on the season for my RBs and wide recievers, plus lots of my d-line (MLBs, ROLBs, LOLBs and DTs) have 20+ sacks on the season by seasons end, while my corners and safety's have 10+ interceptions by seasons end. This way, in the career records list, all my QBs have all 10 spots on each category and same for my RBs, WRs and defensive players. And I believe Kai Forbatn has 344/345 field goals in my 4th franchise season. That's all I really do the cheats for.

cxTfSA0.gif

Seriously if the game can't simulate statistics properly in a franchise mode what good is it? I need to know if this has been fixed and the stats are somewhat realistic now. 

yeah i agree. i haven't played a franchise since the acc clock was invented.  I can't figure out the right mix for time to get realistic stats.

First game online in Madden 15 - I quit after three plays.  Forgot to fix the camera angle to wide, I cannot play with it zoomed in like that, **** that.  Second game - guy tried to grief me with lag, kicked him for griefing, I won.  He might have just had that ****ty of a connection, either way, I did forget how frustrating it can be for online play the first couple of weeks with dealing with others **** connections.

I don't like the new interface.  Honestly, they should keep it the same and only change it up every 5 years.  I don't like looking in different places for ****, when there is absolutely no reason to change it up.  I'll get used to it, I always do, just getting my launch ****ing out.

Anybody?

I'd say just with the standard non-bundled edition.  Use any extra money on an extra controller and buy the game you want to play.  Unless you can find a bundle pack with a game you like.

If your playing online you will need PS Plus, there is a bundle for 449.98 on Gamestop w/1 year membership to PS Plus.  

I don't know how much you will save with a bundle pack, most are 449.99 -469.99) with one controller and game (Madden 15, Madden Ultimate 15, Destiny, etc.), might get $10 cheeper overall though.  

Archived