Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I'm really looking forward to The Evil Within as well. I hope it has a good story and a lot of good scares. I wouldn't mind more RE4 vibes which is what I've gotten from the game. I'm concerned though that there is too much action and ammo but hopefully it stays true to it's roots and still provides a solid survival horror/horror action game

I'm really looking forward to The Evil Within as well. I hope it has a good story and a lot of good scares. I wouldn't mind more RE4 vibes which is what I've gotten from the game. I'm concerned though that there is too much action and ammo but hopefully it stays true to it's roots and still provides a solid survival horror/horror action game

I didnt really like RE4 as much as the previous ones. I know the formula was sort of getting stale for a lot of people, but i loved it. RE4 kind of ruin the series for me because the orginal creator left after it and the devs then went overboard with action. At this point id like to see them just remake RE2 and end the series. I seem to be in the minority though as RE4 and 5 sold tons of copies.

I didnt really like RE4 as much as the previous ones. I know the formula was sort of getting stale for a lot of people, but i loved it. RE4 kind of ruin the series for me because the orginal creator left after it and the devs then went overboard with action. At this point id like to see them just remake RE2 and end the series. I seem to be in the minority though as RE4 and 5 sold tons of copies.

You're not in the minority, you're simply old enough to appreciate those old ps1 resident evils for the gems that they were.

Now the series has devolved into just more shooters lacking all but the most pedestrian puzzles. Meh. It sells, but not to the real fans of the series.

Don't get me wrong, RE 1 and 2 were amazing and I much prefer those to RE4.

RE4 was still a great game for me still but yeah it definitely distanced itself from the RE before it and started the downward trend to ****ized the RE that turned into RE 5-6.

I just notice so many similarities with TEW and RE4 so that's what I was making my point on. I could be ok with if it's more similar to RE4 than the more recent games.

FWIW, the alpha(I believe) footage of RE4 was completely different from the final game that was released. Apparently it was scrapped because they wanted more action. I hope TEW might be more in line with that original RE4 vision

Don't get me wrong, RE 1 and 2 were amazing and I much prefer those to RE4.

RE4 was still a great game for me still but yeah it definitely distanced itself from the RE before it and started the downward trend to ****ized the RE that turned into RE 5-6.

I just notice so many similarities with TEW and RE4 so that's what I was making my point on. I could be ok with if it's more similar to RE4 than the more recent games.

FWIW, the alpha(I believe) footage of RE4 was completely different from the final game that was released. Apparently it was scrapped because they wanted more action. I hope TEW might be more in line with that original RE4 vision

They actually scrapped it twice. The first take on RE4 was Leon was fighting some type of black mist. They then scrapped that and had Leon seeing all sorts of things and was infected with something that was making him lose his mind. Once again they scrapped it and went the direction that was released. I watched a history on RE and the creator was notorious for scrapping projects. RE2 was actually scrapped a month before release and they started from scratch. Im actually glad capcom allowed them to do that because RE2 is probably my favorite in the series. Why they haven't cashed grabbed and HD remaked that one is beyond me. The REmake on Gamecube was just amazing.

Yeah I was thinking of the black blob/mist version.

I would love an HD remake of RE2. That was easily one of my favorite games of that era.

They keep teasing it and saying if there is enough interest they would do it, i wish they would just go to kickstarter and ask for however much it would take to do it and get it done. No doubt in my mind it would get funded. How much could it seriously cost? Around 2 million would get the project done i would think. Just need HD art, the camera angles were static so it's a lot easier to make than a lot of games.

Actually another fun fact. Devil May Cry actually was supposed to be RE3 and started out as such, but was such a departure and they thought it was good so they didn't want to scrap it, thus it became devil may cry.

Kinda surprised about the Madden hate.  Once you get past about 15-20 games of Online Ranked, it's amazing.  I usually play around 65-85 games a year online for Madden.  The BS of winning 45-0, running the same play over and over only happens in the first 10-15 games.  After that it's very rare.  I always play with the Redskins and probably damn near 75% of my games are decided in the 4th quarter.  I've gotten blown out, did some blowouts.  Playing the 49ers or Seattle was always just awesome as times final scores were 17-10, 10-16.  Maddens online is superb unless you play 5 games and base your review on that.  If that was the case COD would be amazing every single year.  Will still get Madden this year.

What does suck is Online Franchise Draft.  I usually rock about 10 seasons of these with my closest friends.  It's basically just madness because playing against the computer on All-Madden is just pathetic.  QBs throwing 800-1000 yard games, WR's catching 15 balls for 600+ yards, RB's rushing 400 yard games.  If you had Charles or CJ2K, you can run the same play every time and sweep on the outside for an 80yard TD.  Audible your O at the line to make Revis press and the safety to blitz, TD every single time no matter the DB.  It's ridiculous.  We try adjusting the settings everytime but it's just not consistent.  They really need to focus on this as I believe this is a BIG PART of Madden's success.

I'd be intrigued to see what some thoughts are on games like Assassin Creed which had 2 releases in a year?  Madden isn't that bad, lots of haters over nothing.  I love NBA2K (my fav sports game) but the online is horrid at times.   Single player is real nice though, but that's frustrating at times.  Frustrating to sometimes wait 25 minutes in the park for a 3 on 3 only to have it disconnect when the score is 3-3.  I don't think many games are perfect in everything but Madden is a far cry from being as terrible pretend it is.  Most of the people who bash Madden, haven't even played Madden since whatever year they claim was the best.

Kinda surprised about the Madden hate.  Once you get past about 15-20 games of Online Ranked, it's amazing.  I usually play around 65-85 games a year online for Madden.  The BS of winning 45-0, running the same play over and over only happens in the first 10-15 games.  After that it's very rare.  I always play with the Redskins and probably damn near 75% of my games are decided in the 4th quarter.  I've gotten blown out, did some blowouts.  Playing the 49ers or Seattle was always just awesome as times final scores were 17-10, 10-16.  Maddens online is superb unless you play 5 games and base your review on that.  If that was the case COD would be amazing every single year.  Will still get Madden this year.

What does suck is Online Franchise Draft.  I usually rock about 10 seasons of these with my closest friends.  It's basically just madness because playing against the computer on All-Madden is just pathetic.  QBs throwing 800-1000 yard games, WR's catching 15 balls for 600+ yards, RB's rushing 400 yard games.  If you had Charles or CJ2K, you can run the same play every time and sweep on the outside for an 80yard TD.  Audible your O at the line to make Revis press and the safety to blitz, TD every single time no matter the DB.  It's ridiculous.  We try adjusting the settings everytime but it's just not consistent.  They really need to focus on this as I believe this is a BIG PART of Madden's success.

Yeah, I love Madden too.  I play it year round online ranked.  I know it can be a money sink sometimes, but I actually enjoy playing the Ultimate Team mode where you assemble the team based on player trading card packs.  I'll toss in an extra $20-25 bucks and buy the good pack of cards to get some awesome 90 rated players or higher, then play the **** out of their challenges for coins and do the head to head against other's ultimate teams.  

It's kinda like fantasy football and trading cards ****ed and had a baby.  I think its neat having a Walter Peyton Legend card and he's in your line-up, etc.  

But I mostly play online ranked  24/7 all year long, taking some breaks for Battlefield and CoD.  I still play at least a few games a week of Madden though.  It's rare I go more than a week or so not playing.  And nothing is more satisfying that blowing up those ****s that only want to play with Seattle or San Fran cause they want to win with the Redskins.  And nothing makes me laugh more than when you turn the tables on them, get up in score and how they quit almost immediately with an entire half left to play lol.

Anyone been having this problem with their PS4?

I normally leave my PS4 on standby when I'm not using it so any game updates can happen automatically. The last 3 or 4 times I've turned it on (so like the past month or so) it tells me that I didn't shut it down properly. There weren't any power outages at all, and no one is unplugging it. It's only a minor inconvenience but I'd rather not have to wait for updates every time.

Also, I'm getting ready to download The Last of Us. I've convinced my wife to watch me play it (so I don't get too scared).

Anyone been having this problem with their PS4?

I normally leave my PS4 on standby when I'm not using it so any game updates can happen automatically. The last 3 or 4 times I've turned it on (so like the past month or so) it tells me that I didn't shut it down properly. There weren't any power outages at all, and no one is unplugging it. It's only a minor inconvenience but I'd rather not have to wait for updates every time.

Also, I'm getting ready to download The Last of Us. I've convinced my wife to watch me play it (so I don't get too scared).

I have the same thing happen lately when I leave mine on too.  I'm trying to charge up the controllers, so I leave it on, but it still shuts down.

Yeah same thing with me too. Not sure why it does that.

SpringfieldSkins - that's a great idea. I haven't got TLOU remastered yet but when I do my wife is going to watch and play through it with me. She wants to experience it too.

It's not really scary so I think she will be ok. Once I got her on TWD and the movie Let Me In (fantastic btw) there is no looking back.

---------

Btw you Madden guys above wanna join the ES madden league? We'll be staring a new league on M15. You can PM me if interested for details. We have about 4-5 guys in our current M25 league.

Played for an hour or so last night, not sure if giving any of the details so far would be a spoiler or not but I'll hide or anyhow.

I've just made it out of the city. Found out that the little girl is infected and my hero (anti-hero?) doesn't trust it. I was chased by the police and went through some sewers to get out. Now I think we are beyond city limits and about to really start our journey. That's where I'm sure I'll encounter many infected trying to get this girl to some hopeless destination. I always thought that the little girl was his daughter, but apparently she dies at the very start of the game.

I really like the fighting system. Sneaking can be tough sometimes. My TV's settings are very dark, I almost want to brighten it up so I can see in the dark corners and where I am heading.

Happening to me as well not sure why PS4 is doing this, like you, just trying to keep the controllers charged.

Got a question about  the PS Plus Subscription .  Do I have to have  a subscription in order to play on-line with the PS4 ? I just cancelled my automatic renewal for PS Plus  on my PS3  it'll expire the 1st of November now. Since no one in the family is actually using the PS3 that much anymore why waste the money.

In order to play games online, you have to have a PS Plus subscription. Also, any games you downloaded for free with PS Plus will be unavailable when it lapses (but I'm pretty sure are available again when you renew).

You do not need PS Plus for Netflix, single player games or any of the other media streaming services (unsure about Music and Video Unlimited but I doubt you need PS Plus for those either).

Thanks Springfield.

Ok one more question . If I have the PS plus subscription does it apply to both PS4and PS3 or do I need to subscribe to both platforms? It seems my son started one on the ps4 and I had one on the PS3 not knowing he started one on the PS4

Thanks Springfield.

Ok one more question . If I have the PS plus subscription does it apply to both PS4and PS3 or do I need to subscribe to both platforms? It seems my son started one on the ps4 and I had one on the PS3 not knowing he started one on the PS4

I'm pretty sure they are interchangeable.

Dang ^^^ that sucks I'm not even sure how that happens. You didn't carry your PSName from your PS3 over to your PS4?

Played for an hour or so last night, not sure if giving any of the details so far would be a spoiler or not but I'll hide or anyhow.

I've just made it out of the city. Found out that the little girl is infected and my hero (anti-hero?) doesn't trust it. I was chased by the police and went through some sewers to get out. Now I think we are beyond city limits and about to really start our journey. That's where I'm sure I'll encounter many infected trying to get this girl to some hopeless destination. I always thought that the little girl was his daughter, but apparently she dies at the very start of the game.

I really like the fighting system. Sneaking can be tough sometimes. My TV's settings are very dark, I almost want to brighten it up so I can see in the dark corners and where I am heading.

Yep the adventure is really getting started now. The beginning was something else huh? I would brighten your settings there are some pretty dark spots later in the game and you don't want to be stumbling around without really seeing things

Played a good bit of TLOU this weekend. Just got past the gold bridge and now down in the sewers. This honestly might be the best single player game I have played. So many different elements to the game and the story is well written. The gameplay is actually harder then I thought it would be, which is welcome surprise. It is nice too, because sometimes you have guys with guns and other times you have infected. It keeps you on your toes and never gets too stale.

Archived