Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 6/2/2020 at 10:01 AM, purbeast said:

Absolutely zero for the first 12+ months!  

Halo infinite will be a launch title. It's a MS exclusive though not sure if that's being counted since i think it's also releasing on the One

On 6/2/2020 at 9:35 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Vampyr , a plague/vampirism narrative based during the Spanish Flu epidemic,  is either the best game, or the worst game to play right now on Earth. Soooo many jarring parallels

For real though do you like this game? i've heard mixed reviews.

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm just gonna say it couldve been a lot better (possibly a game talked about for years) if it was sort of like Quantic Dream heavy narrative. Story is great. The combat system might be PS2 level bad, and it drags the game down. The games atmosphere should be better than it is, too. Not much detail for WWI/Spanish Flu era London, either.

I mean it's decent to solid. I can see what they were trying to do, but they missed the mark just a bit. 

Getting your items taken from you when you lose a  grueling Chapter Boss battle upon repeat, is also not very endearing 

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I just wanna be a fancy ass LeStat from Interview with a Vampire lol Can I? lol

I've never seen Interview With A Vampire :kickcan:

BUT, it does indeed get fancy. Right now I'm being courted by a secret vampiric society pulling the strings in London. Nice and gothicly aesthetic, creepy butler at the door, goblets of blood, signing in blood, all that good stuff.

But you are a battlefield medic and world renowned hematologist/surgeon. Part of the game revolves around you finding and analyzing various blood samples, and finding treatments and an eventual cure for the "Plague" and various other ailments that affects citizens.

That's really the best part, it's like various sections of London divided into quarantine zones, and you can interact with dozens upon dozens of people, all with different backgrounds and motives, each serving a purpose in the games narrative. They'll give you quests, and you can spy on them, pit them against other citizens, make night calls and bite them (if your "Mesmerize " skill is high enough) or even turn them into vampires, growing your powers. It'll also transform you. Right now, my guys getting these nasty veins around his face and his eyes now glow red.

Combat sucks, but it can also be weapon dependent. I use a heavy bludgeon to stun and drain enemies during combat so it's boring and methodical, but there are swords, stakes and firearms. I dont really use them. Drained citizens also drop special weapons.

You start out at a slum street hospital in the east end of London tho. So not too fancy right away.

The environment is sorta similar to those old Silent Hill games, if you ever played those. Seems like there are several endings. Narrative is very open ended. 

If you want to be evil, you can slaughter a whole zone and plunge them into chaos. You can also be Mother Teresa, or somewhere in between

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition came out last week.  If you own a Switch and like RPGs at all, get it.  Remaster of one of my favorite games of all time.  Wonderful environments, great cast of characters with really good chemistry, one of the most interesting stories I've seen in a game with many twists along the way.

xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-

Also comes with a new epilogue for anyone who has already played it.

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition came out last week.  If you own a Switch and like RPGs at all, get it.  Remaster of one of my favorite games of all time.  Wonderful environments, great cast of characters with really good chemistry, one of the most interesting stories I've seen in a game with many twists along the way.

Also comes with a new epilogue for anyone who has already played it.

I believe The Outer Worlds recently dropped on Switch. You played it?

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I believe The Outer Worlds recently dropped on Switch. You played it?

Looks like it releases tomorrow.  I recall hearing good things about it when it released on other platforms, but I don't really know much about it.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Looks like it releases tomorrow.  I recall hearing good things about it when it released on other platforms, but I don't really know much about it.

Sort of a space frontier rpg (I have it on PS4), built on expansion into the stars but in a dystopian society run off of corporate influence/greed.

If you played any of the Fallout games, it kinda plays similarly to those (made by Obsidian, who made New Vegas). Pretty short tho.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sort of a space frontier rpg (I have it on PS4), built on expansion into the stars but in a dystopian society run off of corporate influence/greed.

If you played any of the Fallout games, it kinda plays similarly to those (made by Obsidian, who made New Vegas). Pretty short tho.

I haven't played any of their games.  I'll take a look at it at some point.  Got a back log I'm working through, though.  Been playing XCOM 2 War Of The Chosen.  Simlutaneously starting to go through Xenoblade: DE.  Just got the Bioshock collection, so I'll probably have to work my way through those.  Also still gotta play Witcher 3.

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Halo infinite will be a launch title. It's a MS exclusive though not sure if that's being counted since i think it's also releasing on the One

Microsoft flat out said they won't have any exclusives on the new Xbox console for "at least 12 months".

So yes, Halo Infinite is going to be an X1X/PC game ported to the new console.  As will every game the first year and then some probably.

But hey, they will have THOUSANDS of games at launch!

15 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I haven't played any of their games.  I'll take a look at it at some point.  Got a back log I'm working through, though.  Been playing XCOM 2 War Of The Chosen.  Simlutaneously starting to go through Xenoblade: DE.  Just got the Bioshock collection, so I'll probably have to work my way through those.  Also still gotta play Witcher 3.

I'll see you in 2021 :ols:

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Shame it took a pandemic to finally put a dent in mine as well. After this, HZD or Life Is Strange

I'm still going to work every day, so I get no such reprieve.  I think I have Life Is Strange on steam, but I haven't played it yet.  *checks library*  Yup, there it is.  It's even installed.

18 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm still going to work every day, so I get no such reprieve.  I think I have Life Is Strange on steam, but I haven't played it yet.  *checks library*  Yup, there it is.  It's even installed.

I'm "Working" from home lol. I just use my headset and laptop beside me while basically gaming on and off (except for a Zoom meeting)

37 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Hmm, going through my email and saw a recruiter is inquiring whether I'd like to work for Bethesda.

can you give them a nudge about Elder Scrolls 6?

15 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Just got the Bioshock collection, so I'll probably have to work my way through those.

You've never played these?

Edit: wait nm, i remember we discussed infinite on here years ago. You didn't care for the ending if i recall

15 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Shame it took a pandemic to finally put a dent in mine as well. After this, HZD or Life Is Strange

I know you're a bow and arrow man which is why the only answer here is HZD.

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You've never played these?

Edit: wait nm, i remember we discussed infinite on here years ago. You didn't care for the ending if i recall

I played Infinite.  I had forgotten the ending until you brought it up.  Yeah, I remember thinking it didn't make much sense.

Archived