Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

@Springfield I almost forgot another RPG.  Definitely an unconventional one.  Golf Story.  It's a comedic RPG where you play as a wanna-be golf pro that decides to follow his dream after his wife leaves him.  Very well done golf game with some gameplay twists.  Also has some disc-golf in it.  Also you can walk around hit golf balls at people.
geese-golf-story-100917.jpg

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well damn, i cursed another one.

Uncharted 4 is the free game in April. That's a flagship masterpiece of a game they're just handing away. 

Never really got down with that one. Felt too predictable,  and the pseudo open world stuff was strange.

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I have an Xbox 1, but its on there too. I was going to buy this game for my quarantine period, but I ended up getting Yakuza 0 and Dishonored 2 instead. I've been waiting for the price to drop on this game for a while now...wish I had known it hit $30.

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

@Springfield I almost forgot another RPG.  Definitely an unconventional one.  Golf Story.  It's a comedic RPG where you play as a wanna-be golf pro that decides to follow his dream after his wife leaves him.  Very well done golf game with some gameplay twists.  Also has some disc-golf in it.  Also you can walk around hit golf balls at people.

golfstory.jpg

That game was great.  If you didn't know, there is a sequel in the works too called Sports Sequel that comes out middle of this year at some point.

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Never really got down with that one. Felt too predictable,  and the pseudo open world stuff was strange.

I liked it a lot more than 3. I think it's the second best one after 2. The story was kinda predictable but it was done so well that I didn't care. It also felt fresh, realistic, and authentic with Drake missing his life of thrills while trying to settle into a normal domesticated life, lying to his wife etc. Seemed like a natural arc for the character and I liked that they actually confronted the real world implications of a video game hero. It was a perfect conclusion to the Drake story. And it was gorgeous. 

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I liked it a lot more than 3. I think it's the second best one after 2. The story was kinda predictable but it was done so well that I didn't care. It also felt fresh, realistic, and authentic with Drake missing his life of thrills while trying to settle into a normal domesticated life, lying to his wife etc. Seemed like a natural arc for the character and I liked that they actually confronted the real world implications of a video game hero. It was a perfect conclusion to the Drake story. And it was gorgeous. 

I liked the boss battle at the end. That's pretty much it. Locale was meh, myth/treasure was meh as well. Just felt to me like a rushed project. Didnt feel any true finality.

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Technically Uncharted 4 isn't free on PS+ until next Tuesday (April 7th).   

So you can still join and get Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces for free.

You see that mega sale on PSN? Some **** being near 80% off. Death Stranding is like 30 bucks. Digitally enhanced edition games going for $40 or less

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Choice:

MLB The Show 20, to cure my eyetwitch-inducing craving for baseball and in which I create a Ruthian 3rd baseman to replace Rendon for the Nats. 

or

Death Stranding. 

I think all that's changed this year on the Show is some animation stuff, and of course the jerseys. Other than that it seems like the same game from last year, which I got.. last year. 

Unless you havent played it in a couple years, I would roll with Kojima.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think all that's changed this year on the Show is some animation stuff, and of course the jerseys. Other than that it seems like the same game from last year, which I got.. last year. 

Unless you havent played it in a couple years, I would roll with Kojima.

Yea, 3 years since I last played. Pre Juan Soto. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I appreciate the input. Scale of 1-10 for Death Stranding?

Haven't played it yet. @Momma There Goes That Man is probably a better source for that. Initial reviews from it that I saw were mostly positive, but ranged from awesome to ****, which leaves not a lot of middle ground. I think it's very much an outside the box kind of thing, so if one favors more fast paced in your face action bam bam type stuff, it probably won't be all that fun. But if you favor something a little more in depth, it may be right down your alley.

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I appreciate the input. Scale of 1-10 for Death Stranding?

I’d give it a 9.5 honestly. I thought it was breathtaking but it’s not for everybody. It’s weird. It doesn’t make sense for awhile. You do the same things over and over. 

But the journey is the experience and that experience is unlike anything I’ve every played. I enjoyed the hell out of it, got lost in the crazy ass future world Kojima created, the characters, the task of rebuilding America, one delivery to a post apocalyptic city at a time. 

I sank well over 100 hours into it and I never got tired or bored despite the bulk of the gameplay being just taking packages from one place to another. That’s an overly simplistic description to me since I really enjoyed the gameplay of planning my routes over and around mountains, through rivers and across the country, picking the right gear, then dealing with the surprises along the way. Journeying out and seeing the way I’ve changed the world and how other players have as well, made it always feel fresh. It was always fun but it was too repetitive for some and turned them off. 

The ending is fantastic and for as confusing as parts of the game can be, it comes together so well at the end and just shakes you right to the core. A beautiful game about the connections we have with others, how those bonds are formed and how they shape our lives. It will leave you thinking for days. 

i loved it. 

Just laid waste to the Gunners and Raiders in the radioactive pool/Quincy ruins. Lots of near missed, headshots, explosions, death defying jumps.

Had just a little bit of power armour left hanging on. Decided to repair at the church in the center of town. Got within just a few steps of a pitstop/save, only to be gunned down from behind by the infamous Bethesda Error Code.

Damn thing is undefeated. Best in the world. :bowdown:

I haven't been gaming ever since my kids arrived, so about 7-8 years. I was thinking about getting a new console, I currently still own that xbox 360 but want to see the latest greatest and play the newer games. Before it I had the PS1 & PS2... I like to play RpG's and online play of Call of Duty, madden, etc...

What do you guys suggest?  Waiting it out for the new PS5 or the New Xbox, or go ahead and getting the PS4 or Xbox before this new one thats gonna be released I think at some point this year.  Just wanted to hear some opinions, since Ive been outta of it for a min... 

I would probably wait a bit, seeing as  both X box and playstation consoles should have backwards compatibility, letting you enjoy oldergames you haven't played.

Probably wouldn't be worth it to get a used, bare bones XBone or PS4 seeing as you'd be at a processing disadvantage playing the back end games of this gen, while simultaneously not getting the best out of your tv if you run 4k.

It also wouldn't be worth it to get a brand spanking new XBone X or PS Pro this close to the end of the current gen (we're talking probably 6-8 months when they'll  arrive), and immediately be behind once new stuff comes out soon.

BUT, if you have deep pockets, I'd get a One X since you like gaming online. Probably the best experience for that

I'd recommend getting a Switch now and then waiting to get the new Xbox or PS5.

I don't play RPG's for the most part but Switch has a lot of them.  And it has 2 great Zelda games, one being the remake of the Gameboy game.  The one "RPG" I played on Switch was Golf Story, which was fantastic, and a sequel is in the works.  But aside from those, it has an awesome first party library as well as so many indie games in the $15 - $20 range that are fantastic.  I have owned all 3 current gen consoles since they launched and Switch gets the most play by far.

You won't get COD or Madden on there though, so that is where the other console comes into play.

Only good thing I read about it yesterday is that it has a mic built into the controller for a quick voice chat with buddies if playing online.  Seems pretty cool.  I also think the overall dimensions of it is way better.  It looks like it has some bulk and won't feel like a child's toy that you can snap in half just by twisting it.

Archived