DM72

Xbox One Vs Ps4

On 12/19/2019 at 5:22 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

So I beat The Outer Worlds last night. I dunno, I didn't expect it to end so quickly. Kind of underwhelming, quest wise. Maybe it was just my build and the choices I made.

And what's up with like half the planetary bodies on the map being there for aesthetic purposes? Bummer. It was fun using my scientific genius to manually jump the colony vessel into hyperspace and turn the mini Metal Gear against itself with the long gun Science weapon that I finally found.

Still left me wanting more though, and couldn't help feeling unsatisfied 

I did the entire final mission without firing my gun. Thought that was pretty awesome. 

Also, they are doing DLC for the game so maybe those will take place on the other planets. 

On 12/23/2019 at 11:01 AM, Fresh8686 said:

The most fun I had in outerworlds was accidentally turning that whole rich planet against me and having to fight my way out of the city to get to my ship.

That happened to me too. Had no idea my choices would result in that outcome. Even had a npc I planned on doing a quest for rush me as soon as I walked onto the street lol. 

• Haha 1

Anybody played this strategy game called Stellaris? Looking to get the neurons firing a bit (I'm also playing sort of a strategy build in Fallout 4, trying to be the leader if the Commonwealth through business savvy, ruthless slaughter and scientific ingenuity, and it's fun as hell).

it seems like a better version of No Man's Sky. The console version is like $17.99 on the PSN Holiday sale.

Already picked up Hitman GOTY and Vampyr (I freely admit I will probably never get around to playing them).

Edited by Mr. Sinister

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

(I'm also playing sort of a strategy build in Fallout 4, trying to be the leader if the Commonwealth through business savvy, ruthless slaughter and scientific ingenuity, and it's fun as hell).

Once I finished the Outer Worlds (which I like a lot) I will probably do another Fallout 4 run.  I can't remember if I've ever taken the side of the BOS, so will probably do that, and also not do the quests where raiders take over settlements that I worked hard to bring into the fold (I'll just kill everyone and everything in Nuka World). 

• Like 1

I've barely touched the DLC, or like half of the map.

I started this run at 9 Charisma and 8 intelligence. With the Creation Club stuff like the sentient Power Armor and Alien tech, coupled with all the new settlement stuff, I've basically become the Governor, embracing citizens with one hand, and pointing at them with the other as my muscle tears them to shreds. I always run 3 deep, rolling in fresh suits and bowlers.

The new settlement stuff is incredible.  I'm basically a do it all tactician. I have high mod skills, so when I go out on raids and bring back supplies, I arm my settlers with high quality ordinance. Then I put their asses to work, in stores (bruh, the Donut shop is hilarious) and running my purified water (I'm basically a tycoon, taking in over 1k per day from my dozens upon dozens of water towers and shopping outlets) and guarding the perimeter.

Imagine me setting up one place (like the Farm) with a literal minefield of radiation and Tesla arc mines, then if they survive that, two gigantic laser turrets high up on the roof of the farm, one missile turret, three pissed off dogs (Dogmeat, 1 junkyard dog, and 1 Creation Club boxer dog) and two heavily armed guards with nodded miniguns, and one suped up Assaultron. 

Then I'm just chilling somewhere else, watching the mayhem on my wall of monitors (like Tony Montana, courtesy of the ambush kit dlc) as the bad guys get slaughtered. Then everyone goes and blows off steam at my gyms and gun ranges :ols:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Imagine me setting up one place (like the Farm) with a literal minefield of radiation and Tesla arc mines, then if they survive that, two gigantic laser turrets high up on the roof of the farm, one missile turret, three pissed off dogs (Dogmeat, 1 junkyard dog, and 1 Creation Club boxer dog) and two heavily armed guards with nodded miniguns, and one suped up Assaultron. 

Then I'm just chilling somewhere else, watching the mayhem on my wall of monitors (like Tony Montana, courtesy of the ambush kit dlc) as the bad guys get slaughtered. Then everyone goes and blows off steam at my gyms and gun ranges :ols:

Awww now I wanna do this 

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Awww now I wanna do this 

I never really paid much attention to settlement building, but it is pretty fun, especially with some of the cc stuff to spice it up.

Why kill people when you can just have them killed, and threaten/extort/lie your ass off.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can you briefly explain how Creation Club works?  Is it a DLC?  

1st rule of creation club is you dont speak of creation club...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can you briefly explain how Creation Club works?  Is it a DLC?  

It's user created content, that functions like DLC (meaning you pay for it). Theres a lot of content, and it makes certain builds more appealing compared to the vanilla version (even the mods, which sort of function just like the Skyrim SE). Armor, weapons, settlement building features, customization, quests, safehouses, companions, etc.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

It's user created content, that functions like DLC (meaning you pay for it). Theres a lot of content, and it makes certain builds more appealing compared to the vanilla version (even the mods, which sort of function just like the Skyrim SE). Armor, weapons, settlement building features, customization, quests, safehouses, companions, etc.

Thanks!  This seems like something I definitely want to get.  I don't mind paying for it, I just want to make sure it's something I can just download and then it works, not something I have to do some complex **** for it to work.  I don't play enough video games to understand anything more complicated then "plug in, mash buttons." :)

• Like 1

How many credits do I need to get all or at least most of the good ****?  I don't need things that are purely cosmetic, I DGAF what color my PipBoy is.  

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How many credits do I need to get all or at least most of the good ****?  I don't need things that are purely cosmetic, I DGAF what color my PipBoy is.  

Yeah, it's a lot of stuff lol. I dunno, you might want to keep it to just build specific things (who /what you want to play as and what they would need from the inventory).

So let's say you want to do a melee assassin build and want the Chinese Stealth armor from FO3, the fantasy Hero set which gives you a sword and the Skyrim Dragonborn helmet (they dont come separately), and I dunno, one of the big ass assassin rifles (anti-material/gauss rifles from New Vegas). Might run you 300-700 credits each which would probably be around $15-25 in real money.

You can also get weapon/armour bundles,  which are around 1k-1.5k credits each, and considering that the game makes you buy in bulk (because of course it does) amounts of 750 credits, 1500, 3000, and 5500, if you wanted to get two separate bundles, you'd probably be spending about $25. Some of these require quests too before you get them. Also, some of the stuff can be had for free or like 25%-50% off so look for that

Most of the weapons, armour, or a bit of both, can be had for $40 (which is the 5500 one), but you dont want to do that..... Right? :(

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I just found out about this game called "Outward". Anyone ever hear about it?

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah that sucks but gives me time to play more games like TLOU 2. I’d rather they take their time and nail it 

Wait til they come back with "Yeahhhhhhhh, about that... *Points to November on calendar*"

Might have to hold me back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I just found out about this game called "Outward". Anyone ever hear about it?

I've heard good things about it, but haven't tried it yet. I'm a little leery of the lack of fast travel in the game and the whole punishing = fun paradigm that sort of comes with games like this.

• Like 1

No fast travel = no go for me, especially with how big these maps are getting. Next gen will be even worse.

I'm more of a quality>quantity guy

• Like 1

I don't mind fast traveling but there are some games where i haven't. One being RDR2. Something about the atmosphere and pacing of that game combined with the realistic movement speed just felt wrong fast traveling. It was a joy to cover every inch of that world. 

Death Stranding has fast traveling but I haven't used it except 1-2 times. You lose all your gear and packages (placed in a locker) when you do it anyway so you can't use it to skip around and complete missions. BTW I am still playing that and loving it. Haven't beaten it yet even though I'm well over 150 hours. I haven't stuck with the story missions, I've spent all my time getting perfect ratings with all customers and rebuilding America with roads and other paths to help connect others. Compared to other games that will change dialogue based on your actions, you really feel like you impact and change the world in this one. You navigate through the wilderness and end up creating a path that saves you an hour travel time every time you need to get back there. Add in other cool things like requesting gear and items from other players or seeing their additions to the world and it makes it feel like a living world that we are all improving it. It's just an experience unlike any other. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Most of the weapons, armour, or a bit of both, can be had for $40 (which is the 5500 one), but you dont want to do that..... Right? :(

Thank you for that entire post, extremely helpful.  

I didn't understand this last bit.  I figured I'd get the 5500 one to start and go from there.  Why would I not want to do that?

46 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm sure I'll get to play it at some point before the end of the decade

Yea, I got DS and the Outer Worlds for Xmas.  I'm about half done with Outer Worlds.  Now going to have to do another Fallout 4 run, then will probably get to DS.  Glad to hear it's good.

Those 3 should get me to 2022. 

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thank you for that entire post, extremely helpful.  

I didn't understand this last bit.  I figured I'd get the 5500 one to start and go from there.  Why would I not want to do that?

Just me being me (a cheap s.o.b.) :)

Most of my stuff before the settlement ambush kit, holiday pack, and neon/plush apartment and furniture ( which I splurged on because I want to be a murderous businessman with a plethora of concubines, living lavishly) was several payments under $10 spread out over 3 years. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I've heard good things about it, but haven't tried it yet. I'm a little leery of the lack of fast travel in the game and the whole punishing = fun paradigm that sort of comes with games like this.

Yeah, I've seen some reviews, but they don't really explain the game very well. I don't think fast travel matters in this game, I think you're supposed to just go out and explore. I have no idea what the story is or anything, just seems interesting to me.

• Like 1