Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

22 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s about what I expected. You go outpost to outpost connecting them to a network and taking on new deliveries. You gain points and it allows the outposts to do more things like create bridges or generators that can charge bikes and other things. After you accept an order you have to confirm your load out which means In addition to your cargo to be delivered you have to choose between an extra pair of boots, how many ladder to carry (cross rivers or climb rocky terrain) rope rappels, construction kits (to build watch towers and post office boxes) etc. you can only carry 120lbs on you but you can strap **** you your arms, hips and back to keep you balanced.

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol, I'm out here ducking and dodging raiders on a pharmaceutical run for this guy in the backwater colony in the Emerald vale. I'm like a homicidal physician 

was exhilarating  since I cant fight for ****, but they're dumb. Hacked my way up to the top floor of one of the buildings and picked them off from my perch, and set up in the auditorium inside the building and picked them off again from behind cover.

Nerd Power 🤓

What game are you all talking about?

Looking for a new game.  Wife likes to watch me play but needs a story to go with it.  No interest in games that have magicians and stuff.  Really like open world games that aren't played online.  GTA and RDR2 type stuff.  The Navy Exchange is having a buy one, get one sale right now.  We looked at a few games but can't remember the names of any.  We've dont The Last of Us and another one like it.  

Any suggestions?

28 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Looking for a new game.  Wife likes to watch me play but needs a story to go with it.  No interest in games that have magicians and stuff.  Really like open world games that aren't played online.  GTA and RDR2 type stuff.  The Navy Exchange is having a buy one, get one sale right now.  We looked at a few games but can't remember the names of any.  We've dont The Last of Us and another one like it.  

Any suggestions?

im talking about Death Stranding, Sin is talking about The Outer Worlds. Both are long single player RPGs, though TOW is a more traditional type of game than Death Stranding is. 

Have you tried God of War or Horizon zero Dawn? God of war doesn’t have magicians but it’s based in Norse mythology (this one where previous have been Greek) so there are quite a lot of fantasy elements to it that coincide with the mythology. it’s a masterpiece. 

Horizon is one of my favorite games. It’s set among a prehistoric tribe where robot dinosaurs walk the Earth. There is a huge world and a ton of mystery to unravel. I really like the story and the main character. The combat is outstanding too. Each dinosaur has a couple specific ways to be taken down and all the skills you learn with your bow and other weapons like traps make you feel like a true badass. It’s also one of the best looking games on PS4. 

not sure how you feel about Superhero’s but Spider-Man is amazing too and has a very GTA type open world NYC. I loved that game and the story. It truly makes you feel like Spider-Man and is one of the better stories I’ve seen in a while. 

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Any suggestions?

Death Stranding, a sci fi thriller and combat/exploration game, and (in my case) The Outer Worlds, a space rpg, similar to Mass Effect and the Fallout games. It may not be your cup o' tea, but Mafia III was very good. Backwoods revenge tale. Subject matter may not be something everyone is comfortable with though. 

If you havent played Uncharted IV yet, ditto. The Tomb Raider games are good. Borderlands III just came out. The Wolfenstein games are pretty good. FarCry 4 was kinda meh, 5 I havent played yet, but the story seemed kinda interesting.... Sort of wild, cult hillbilly shenanigans.

Doom was excellent, but there's not enough story like Mafia III or Uncharted or Tomb Raider. God of War, yes. Horizon Zero Dawn, may not be you. Resident Evil 7/Biohazard and the RE2 redo... Yes to that as well.

And if you enjoy pain and suffering like I do, I would put in a personal plug for Alien:Isolation, for my money one of the best games of this generation. Utterly terrifying and stress inducing. Bad/awesome if you have PTSD (I do, but not not the soldiers kind). Your woman can watch you play that, and suffer with you. Only problem is that you just dont get the real thing unless you play on "Hard/Nightmare". Solid story, kind of a fill in the blank of the events between Alien and Aliens, concerning Ripley's daughter Amanda. Again, not everyones cup o' tea. I like ingenuity though, and going against the grain. There are too many companies that play it safe as it is. 

All I can think of off the top of my head for now, and that's me assuming you've played some stuff.

** Edit, looks like Momma beat me to it

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

They're talking about Death Stranding.

Jedi Fallen Order comes out Friday if the sale last that long (and if you like Star Wars games). Suppose to have a robust single campaign too.

Dammit I assumed that was just a single player game. Not gonna bother now.

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

check out this one. One of the better fan trailers I’ve seen.

*do not watch if you haven’t played the game- contains spoilers*

That's a cool trailer but it hardly showed any gameplay at all.  I don't really care about trailers that don't show any gameplay.

That's actually a pet peeve of mine - new trailers for games that show no gameplay so you really have no clue WTF the game is about.  

Instantly regretted selecting normal instead of supernova. After 24+ game hours in Halcyon my crew can slaughter any enemies we encounter. Col Butterscotch has been really the only worthy opponent. Was able to run through Stellar Bay n Monarch quests too easily. 

I'm going to start over on supernova. Anyone start off on the most difficult setting? Any advice?

20 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Any suggestions?

Kingdom Come Deliverance! There is some micro managing involved, but you she still might find that interesting...or you can do those parts when she isn't watching.

13 hours ago, clietas said:

Instantly regretted selecting normal instead of supernova. After 24+ game hours in Halcyon my crew can slaughter any enemies we encounter. Col Butterscotch has been really the only worthy opponent. Was able to run through Stellar Bay n Monarch quests too easily. 

I'm going to start over on supernova. Anyone start off on the most difficult setting? Any advice?

Yeah Normal is too easy for seasoned experienced gamers. I had to switch to Hard about 1/4 of the way through. Much more challenging but not overly hard.

I won't post a ton of pics that I took lol, but I finished up wiring my kick harness for my pi2jamma last night and mounted it so it's all clean and pretty now.  I took a little video of it all setup too if you want to see how long it takes to boot, the interface, what it looks like in the cab, etc.  

Here's a couple pics of it too.

TfOiy8t.jpg

S1OcjYV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went to this dudes house in Manassass last night who repairs monitors.  I left my house from Rockville at 4:30pm.  I did not get there until 6:50pm.  I can't imagine people who do that ****ing commute on 495/66 daily.  I'd go nuts.

Anyways, he really knows his **** and fixed my monitor.  It looks so much more lively/vivid/bright now after the work he did on it.  It took about 3 hours total to do it and then we had to wait 30 mins while it warmed up to verify everything was okay and stuff.  I just got it home and was testing it and calibrating it outside of the cabinet so that I could make changes while looking at the screen.

I thought it was just cool being on outside the cabinet so I took a video lol.

47 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Went to this dudes house in Manassass last night who repairs monitors.  I left my house from Rockville at 4:30pm.  I did not get there until 6:50pm.  I can't imagine people who do that ****ing commute on 495/66 daily.  I'd go nuts.

Anyways, he really knows his **** and fixed my monitor.  It looks so much more lively/vivid/bright now after the work he did on it.  It took about 3 hours total to do it and then we had to wait 30 mins while it warmed up to verify everything was okay and stuff.  I just got it home and was testing it and calibrating it outside of the cabinet so that I could make changes while looking at the screen.

I thought it was just cool being on outside the cabinet so I took a video lol.

Will there always be that line that moves from the bottom right corner to the top left?  Or is that fixed by calibration? 

Haven't had this much fun playing COD since MW2/Black Ops II. Gunplay is fantastic in this game.

Excited for season 1 coming Dec. 3, and all the classic maps coming back to bring all that nostalgia feels again. Hoping they add my all time fav, the UMP 45 back in at some point.

EKUv591UwAAsUj9.jpg:large

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Haven't had this much fun playing COD since MW2/Black Ops II. Gunplay is fantastic in this game.

Excited for season 1 coming Dec. 3, and all the classic maps coming back to bring all that nostalgia feels again. Hoping they add my all time fav, the UMP 45 back in at some point.

Meh.....no dual wield/akimbo in this version.  That equals **** for me, making the game just ok, imo.  I have fun, but no nuketown and no dual wield pistols sucks ass.

Archived