Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I got it around launch, so take what I say with a grain of salt. It was a mostly exploratory/survival space adventure game, where you start marooned out on a random planet in a true system of planets and moons, which belong to a real galaxy, which is possible via rando generated something-something by these MIT folks at Hello Games. You have to find your way off the planet by building a ship, then charting the wildlife and plantlife along the way, and eventually naming your planet. Then you have to get your ship a warp drive so you can explore other systems, meet up with other alien races, learn their culture and language, build weapons and such and eventually make it to the center of the galaxy (or so I thought). 

Im leaving out a bunch of stuff but that was basically the gist of it. Im also leaving out my opinion of it because I am incredibly biased and don't want to turn you away from something that is widely viewed as the biggest launch flop in gaming history. That was around 3 years ago, and word is they've changed a ton of stuff since then, and have a dedicated gaming community now. I'll always give devs credit for thinking outside the box, and they definitely did that here.

It's certainly worth it price wise to give it a look see. I paid full price for it and regret it to this day.

The last game I bought full price was Gun for the GC. Yes, I'm that old.

I thought I saw No Man's Sky on Game Pass (on the two month trial) and wanted to give it a shot. I don't have a lot of time or patience for crap games anymore, so Game Pass works in that extent, but I don't see it worth the long term. I know a lot of people crapped on No Man's Sky when it first came out, but a lot of people have said that its been turned into something great now. Just looking for something new to play, tired of the same old crap.tired of the same old crap.

22 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Still need to play Spider-Man, RDR3,  HZD. Lord help me.

You can only blame yourself for ignoring these gems while you play through your 8th run of TW3 or Skyrim 

Imo those are 3 of the best games to come out the last 5 years or so. 

RDR is a masterpiece that you can truly make your own western crime saga. 

SM and HZD don’t have the same unlimited options but they have awesome worlds with fantastic stories and probably my two of favorite combat gameplay ever which make them unbelievably fun 

I can't help it...

@The Evil Genius, check out yer boy. Red skulled hag (7 lvls above me at 45 on Death March) barely got off any blows once I popped those combat potions and stunned it with the dancing star w/ fire dmg. Didn't even have the right blade oil applied (I assumed it was a cursed monster but it actually belongs to the necrophage class) but still layed the smackdown pretty quickly on what would've otherwise would've been a long ass battle, one that I wouldn't have been able to sustain since they can one hit kill.

This build is badass. I fight like a **** without my stuff though, but while on it + blade oils and bombs, I am God

• 2 weeks later...

Been having a hard time enjoying games lately. I've been trying to catch up on older games I missed. 

Resident evil biohazard just wasnt fun 

Monster hunter combat was clunky, didn't enjoy it 

Persona 5 - played 7 hours but no joke it was like 5 hours of movie 

So I traded them in and got red dead II. If I don't enjoy this, then maybe I need a break from games for awhile 

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Been having a hard time enjoying games lately. I've been trying to catch up on older games I missed. 

Resident evil biohazard just wasnt fun 

Monster hunter combat was clunky, didn't enjoy it 

Persona 5 - played 7 hours but no joke it was like 5 hours of movie 

So I traded them in and got red dead II. If I don't enjoy this, then maybe I need a break from games for awhile 

What didn't you like about RE7? 

I think RDR is a masterpiece but it's different. It's an actual living breathing world and you're part of it so it's slower and there are a ton of gameplay systems going on that require things to do like eat, drink, brush and feed your horse, sleep, dress appropriate for your climate etc that happen between the epic western crime saga that plays out over the campaign. 

Days Gone got such lukewarm reviews, but most people I knew who actually had it said they were enjoying it.  I took the plunge and snatched it up a week or so ago because the price had dropped.  I am only maybe 3-4 hours into the storyline (my free time for video games is scarce) but I am really liking it so far.  I can see where there could be potential that another few hours in it will feel repetitive, but thus far I like the variety and sandbox nature of being able to follow the story or veer off and look for random side missions etc etc....

Just did something I never do..preordered a game (Jedi Order). Excited about the anticipated robust solo campaign.

Also leveled up to about 18 in Witcher III. Nice being a bit of a tank in batlte and slugging it out with the creatures. Also professed my love for Triss..so we will see how Keira Metz handles that later on. 😄

Now to craft my first special set of gear (Griffin).

53 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What didn't you like about RE7? 

You know, I was having a hard time on pointing what exactly I didn't like about it. I'm not real big into first person games, but I do try them. I like Borderlands and dying light. It just seemed really slow. Only made it a few hours in 

49 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Just did something I never do..preordered a game (Jedi Order). Excited about the anticipated robust solo campaign.

Also leveled up to about 18 in Witcher III. Nice being a bit of a tank in batlte and slugging it out with the creatures. Also professed my love for Triss..so we will see how Keira Metz handles that later on. 😄

Now to craft my first special set of gear (Griffin).

The Griffin set is badass. That's what I ended my first run with and started new game + with before switching to light armour. 

I beat two dragons 10 levels above me in Velen, and then dispatched the boss dragon on Death March. Either this game is one of the easiest out there, or my build is a next level one. 

I separated them and trapped one in the caves and killed it, then killed the other two on the outside gauntlet style .

My build is definitely flawed though. It's an anti-contact build (which in a way makes it kinda perfect since light armor plus cat school plus combat/fast and alchemy/potion/oil/bomb makes you an offensive poison/bleed/crit machine) but not a good crowd build against nonhumans (at least until you have the right armour), and you constantly flirt with toxicity, rolling with 5 or 6 options at any given time, but on Monster hunts, well, I just mentioned I downed 3 level superior wyvern (one royal). 

It's a Monster terminator. The right steel sword in time will give me more of an advantage against non humans, but right now, that's a tough one. But only in a sense of being patient. This build kills stuff pretty quick, but going against a pack of 12 wolves where you can't afford more than 2 or 3 bites, you have to pick your spots carefully

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Days Gone got such lukewarm reviews, but most people I knew who actually had it said they were enjoying it.  I took the plunge and snatched it up a week or so ago because the price had dropped.  I am only maybe 3-4 hours into the storyline (my free time for video games is scarce) but I am really liking it so far.  I can see where there could be potential that another few hours in it will feel repetitive, but thus far I like the variety and sandbox nature of being able to follow the story or veer off and look for random side missions etc etc....

Im really enjoying this too. I’m only a few

hours in but there are some things I love like having to repair your bike and find gas for it. So if you just run out of gas somewhere you have to walk to the nearest checkpoint or area with walkers all around sneaking about trying to find gas. Adds a lot of fun to the survival mechanic 

The game could definitely be more polished, I imagine in the hands of a triple A studio this game would be incredible but I’m still having fun. I like the Pacific Northwest setting and the biker dynamic. Plus the fast moving WWZ style zombies and herds you run across 

19 hours ago, purbeast said:

I've said it on here before and I'll say it again - RE7 in VR is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.  It's definitely in my tops of all time.

It's as low as $5.98 (non gold edition) if you can find it at Target like I did today.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-34-1606

Just check stock availability and price by putting your ZIP code in at that link. Happy hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not console gaming but I thought you all might find this cool.

I've had a KI2 cabinet since like 2003.  The past 7 years it sat in my garage and the 7 years prior it sat in my moms basement.  It still works fine.

I decided I wanted to move it into my man cave and make it a Mame cabinet.  Since part of the reason it was still in my garage is it is so heavy at around 400lbs, I wanted to make it easier to maneuver into my basement, so I gutted the **** out of it tonight.  Here's a few pics.

This is actually all that is inside an arcade cabinet.  The big PCB on the left side is Killer Instinct 1 PCB.

7YG9TBl.jpg

And here is the control panel after I took it off.  It makes it lighter and slightly thinner.

5umbefK.jpg

And here is the condition it is in now, which is probably like 1/2 weight.

qXCnVOe.jpg

Oh and this is how the cabinet came, with a vagina carved into Orchid on the side, when I bought it back in 2003.

Q23zDlm.jpg

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Didn’t realize until today but Death Stranding is only a few weeks away 

I was thinking "Man, I really wanna finish my Witcher 3 run and hop on RDR3," But Hideo , and Dan Hauser to a far lesser extent, are two men I absolutely cannot say no two.

And this is also an opportunity to rid myself of the disappointment I felt from playing MGSV

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, that's sweet!

One of my dreams is to own a TMNT one, if one even exists somewhere. That, or NFL Blitz

I know it's smaller but still, for the money, this is pretty awesome.  My buddy has the Street Fighter one and it's sweet. Responsive controls and great graphics. It's a lot of fun for a few hundered bucks. 

They have the MK1-3 version too that I would like to get along with the TMNT and put in my basement. I doubt they'd ever release a Blitz version since the NFL has distanced itself so hard from that franchise

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Machine-w-Riser-Arcade1UP/355692464?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227306355403&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=380618117939&wl4=pla-811433324060&wl5=9008885&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=355692464&veh=sem

1e85b7ca-f36b-422f-9781-508cfbf1e320_1.6

Those Arcade1Up things are neat but man are they deceiving.  Once you see one in person they are disappointing.  There is no way 2 adults could even play them two player because they are too small.  I haven't seen the TMNT one in person but I'm guessing it is the same height/width with a wider control panel, so there is no chance 4 adults could play it at the same time.  The monitors are also tiny in those things.  The only one I would consider is the Golden Tee one if the price dropped to like $150, because it has special controls due to track ball, and because you can only play it one player.

Also note, that pic above of TMNT has the riser on it, which is an extra $50 or so.

Once I am done with my arcade cabinet project, you guys are going to be mad jelly :)

I tested out my other 3 games yesterday and didn't have much luck with them.  

MK1 - This game (and MK2) has an additional sound board, that is super flaky.  Well my sound board for MK1 seems to not be working once again.

MK2 - The game works fine too and I believe the sound board works fine too, but I didn't have the right cable to hook up the volume controls so I think it was just muted. All the diagnostics tests pointed that the board is fine.

KI2 - the game won't even power on and no red lights on it, with the HDD connected to it.  Then when I disconnect the HDD, a red light turns on but still nothing on screen.  I am thinking that the HDD might just be dead but I am not sure what the expected behavior is with a dead HDD.  I might just get the flash memory version on ebay for $35 since that is what I have on my KI board and it works fine and I don't have to worry about mechanical stuff dying in a HDD.

Archived