DM72

Xbox One Vs Ps4

Picked up Ori and the Blind Forest for X1 on Amazon this week for like $12 and started it last night.  Fantastic game!

Got Super Mario Maker 2 on Switch today and played the first 9-10 levels of story mode and am digging it so far. There is something that's just fun about playing random ass Mario levels from all generations of games and so far the ones included are good quality.

And then I found out Moss on PSVR had free DLC put out this week so I'm going to check that out and I also got Imagine Dragons Beat Saber track pack.

I haven't had this problem of deciding what to play in a very long time!

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Picked up Ori and the Blind Forest for X1 on Amazon this week for like $12 and started it last night.  Fantastic game!

Love  this game! One of the most beautiful games I’ve ever played and I don’t just mean graphics. from design to soundtrack to story to everything. Can’t wait for the sequel coming out soon 

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Love  this game! One of the most beautiful games I’ve ever played and I don’t just mean graphics. from design to soundtrack to story to everything. Can’t wait for the sequel coming out soon 

The music in that game is some of the best I've ever heard and I'm like 90 minutes in.

If you like the sound and story of this, I highly recommend Gris.  That game has the best sound/music in any game I can think of recently.  It's just so well done.  Also Hollow Knight is great too and Ori reminds me a lot of it.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 12:14 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I know Skyrim is a game that people have poured like a billion hours into and they even have a version on every system even one i can play on my microwave so I'm not saying it's not successful or wasn't good but I really hope VI changes things up a lot. New engine, new dialogue system, new quest system, change the guilds etc. I don't know it just feels so dated even playing it at the time maybe due to how much time I spent in Oblivion. 

Unfortunately, Bethesda has gone on record by saying they wanted to keep their current game engine because the modding toolkit is well-known by the modding community. Which is a copout and not a good enough reason if you ask me. 

They said they wanted to modify the engine to modernize the visuals, but the worst part of the engine is the logic part, the coding. Which is why all their games always release buggy as hell. Why keep the worst aspects of your engine? 

I expect Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield to probably be impressive visually(likely still have ugly character models tho), and remain a buggy mess at launch. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Small world and impeccable timing. Was dropping off a friend of mine last night for work, and as we were turning into her office, I noticed a bright white sign across the street from it that said "Zenimax"

It was Zenimax studios lol. Just a random, ho hum medical office building looking place, save for the big ass sign and private property notices

Edited by Mr. Sinister

17 hours ago, purbeast said:

The music in that game is some of the best I've ever heard and I'm like 90 minutes in.

If you like the sound and story of this, I highly recommend Gris.  That game has the best sound/music in any game I can think of recently.  It's just so well done.  Also Hollow Knight is great too and Ori reminds me a lot of it.

Sometimes I just boot up Ori to have the main menu music playing in the background of what I’m doing 

7 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Unfortunately, Bethesda has gone on record by saying they wanted to keep their current game engine because the modding toolkit is well-known by the modding community. Which is a copout and not a good enough reason if you ask me. 

They said they wanted to modify the engine to modernize the visuals, but the worst part of the engine is the logic part, the coding. Which is why all their games always release buggy as hell. Why keep the worst aspects of your engine? 

I expect Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield to probably be impressive visually(likely still have ugly character models tho), and remain a buggy mess at launch. 

Thats really disappointing and as you mentioned doesn’t make any sense. 

I forgot about starfield tho. Damn...

Bethesda sucks at game engines.  When they bought ID, they should have taken the opportunity to have John Carmack work on their engines and maybe learn a thing or two from him.  Too late for that now, though.

• Like 1

Soooo, given.... recent events, I saw this in my news feed and thought it would be an interesting trial for some of you.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/06/is-this-quote-from-marianne-williamson-or-metal-gear-solid.html

I'm a vet, and still got 5 wrong. Hope she don't show up to the next one and say "Snake??? Snaaaaaaaake!" And collapse to the floor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I got 14/20, I'll take it.

Man some of that **** was indestinguishable from her.

**** got cocaine Colonel Roy nanomachines coming out of her eyeballs

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Do not buy Odyssey.

It is consumer strongarming. I wish I never bought it, and I am truly done with this franchise.

Assassin's Creed is gone, and it's never coming back.

Can't believe some if the ratings this got. What started out as a promising main story, turned into a jumbled mess with very few answers to questions that were posed at the beginning of the game, and their attempt at dialogue/narrative choices is laughable. I would give it no more than a 7 out of 10, yet I see 9's, and even a 5/5.

Are these seriously the same people that sent death threats over Andromeda? Becsuse I'd rather play Andromeda than this. The character facial animations werent much better

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Posted (edited)

Playing the greatest game that no one played: Shadow of the Tomb Raider -- no one played it, because it was released around the same time as RDR2.

Graphics and scenery will make your jaw drop and the gameplay is a blast. Lot of cool new features as well, my favorite being the ability to cover yourself

in mud and hide along walls. Quite frankly I'm enjoying it more than RDR2.   

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 2

Somebody tell me about Dragon Age: Inquisition. Its like $10 on PS+ and I might bite, to get the suckassness of Odyssey off my chest.

Is it worth it? Is the narrative expansive like that of ME1 (Bioware's other  bjg dog franchise)? How does it compare to something like Skyrim??? 

Better then DA2 but I wouldn't play it unless you're a fan of the series. Its def worth 10 bucks but maybe not worth the time.

Good game overall though. Compared to Skyrim much more individual character storylines and development; gameplay wise the combat is more like ME then Skyrim. (Can control/script multiple party members)

Origins is the only DA game I would personally still play. Don't think the rest of the series is that great. Combat in Origins is a little dated for some.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks, Mooka. If it plays similarly to ME I might go mage, unless the "Detonate" effect didnt carry over between games. Felt like science fiction Jesus when I went pure biotic in ME

Never delved into this franchise before, but im a fan of the genre

Edited by Mr. Sinister

The issue with DAI is that there is just way too much filler content that you HAVE TO DO to progress the story.

If you could honestly just skip all that, and all the stupid War table crap, the game is quite good in terms of story and gameplay. Nowhere near as good as Origins but better then 2 for sure.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Detroit: Become Human is free on ps+ for July. I’m only a few chapters in and I’m blown away. Stories like this are why I love video games 

the download also also comes with the remastered Heavy Rain. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Give it an A-. Its a pretty straight forward game with few ambitions, but what it does it does extremely well:

great graphics, great gameplay (particularly stealth), great cutscenes, decent length. Recommended.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Give it an A-. Its a pretty straight forward game with few ambitions, but what it does it does extremely well:

great graphics, great gameplay (particularly stealth), great cutscenes, decent length. Recommended.  

How does it compare to Rise and does it finish off the story satisfyingly?

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How does it compare to Rise and does it finish off the story satisfyingly?

I'd say its pretty much on par with Rise, which is to say, very good. The story is better, the NPCs are kind of cool in this one. 

Gameplay is better than Rise, by virtue of the fact that you have a lot of interesting stealth options this time 'round. 

It is a very, very good game, and you'll marvel at some of the scenery. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Detroit: Become Human is free on ps+ for July. I’m only a few chapters in and I’m blown away. Stories like this are why I love video games 

the download also also comes with the remastered Heavy Rain. 

Wonder if you did like me and basically made Connor the Terminator, lol. That **** was so fun.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wonder if you did like me and basically made Connor the Terminator, lol. That **** was so fun.

No actually I unintentionally made him the worst cop in the world lol. He can’t catch anyone for ****. He figures it all out and then let’s them get away cuz he botched the chase. His unwavering confidence to Amanda in the face of repeated failure is hilarious 

On the other hand, Markus is Jesus Christ 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Jeebus, yall were right.Theres a ton of crap to sift through in DA.

On the flipside, I can enjoy setting up my squads and fighting with a soulless AI, rather than racist incel loners, gsmer bros and other weird people like in ESO

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2