Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Well I don't really care if games are exclusives or not, I just play what I like and don't really go out of my way to check exclusivity because it means nothing to me.  I own all 3 consoles so I can play what I want, and I don't game on PC so I don't know what is out on PC.  So if you're asking about solely exclusives aside from the obvious Nintendo brand ones, someone else will have to answer that one.

36 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Well I don't really care if games are exclusives or not, I just play what I like and don't really go out of my way to check exclusivity because it means nothing to me.  I own all 3 consoles so I can play what I want, and I don't game on PC so I don't know what is out on PC.  So if you're asking about solely exclusives aside from the obvious Nintendo brand ones, someone else will have to answer that one.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought you had said the switch was the most fun console, especially for retro like games and then listed Hollow Knight as an example.

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought you had said the switch was the most fun console, especially for retro like games and then listed Hollow Knight as an example.

I did say that because it's the console I've been playing the most and it has tons of those retro games on it and those are primarily what I've been playing recently.  I didn't make any mention of exclusivity though.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I did say that because it's the console I've been playing the most and it has tons of those retro games on it and those are primarily what I've been playing recently.  I didn't make any mention of exclusivity though.

Right. Plus it isn't 100% about exclusivity, it is also about (for me at least) designating certain consoles for certain games.  Right now I only have a PS4, so on top of the big titles I am also filling it up with a lot of indie digital downloaded games that I'd likely prefer to relegate to the Switch (if available) as to save room on the PS4 for other stuff.   I have made up my mind to get a Switch, just have to figure out when I want to do it. 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Right. Plus it isn't 100% about exclusivity, it is also about (for me at least) designating certain consoles for certain games.  Right now I only have a PS4, so on top of the big titles I am also filling it up with a lot of indie digital downloaded games that I'd likely prefer to relegate to the Switch (if available) as to save room on the PS4 for other stuff.   I have made up my mind to get a Switch, just have to figure out when I want to do it. 

With PS4 and X1 we've lost a huge benefit that consoles used to have where you could just get a game and start playing it in minutes.  With those consoles you have to turn the console on and wait for it to boot up, then install games, then download patches, then you can finally play it.  

With the Switch you don't deal with any of that ****.  Since the game is typically in standby mode, you can go from it being turned off to being playing a game within like 2-3 seconds.  Sure it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you go back and forth all consoles constantly, you realize the convenience that gives you.  Especially when I'm going back/forth from PSVR to playing the Switch.  

The pick up and play convenience of Switch is just something that I really like.  Even switching between games, if they are on the console, it's just so quick and seamless.  And a lot of those indie games take such little time to load and get the games going too.

It's just a great console.

A few recent games I've gotten that I highly recommend is Gris, Agellos, and if you like puzzle games, Baba Is You.  That game will have you scratching your head A LOT.  Then you figure out the puzzle and feel like a genius.

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

A few recent games I've gotten that I highly recommend is Gris, Agellos, and if you like puzzle games, Baba Is You.  That game will have you scratching your head A LOT.  Then you figure out the puzzle and feel like a genius.

That all sounds great to me.  I will also check out your recommendations. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:09 AM, purbeast said:

I finished Gris last night on Switch.  It's a short game but one of the most incredible games I have ever played.  The music in it is incredible and draws a lot of emotion with the art style.  I really hope there is a sequel.

Yeah, I really enjoyed GRIS. And I'm usually not into platformers like that. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:44 AM, No Excuses said:

Thoughts on Google Stadia, the cloud gaming service being released soon?

https://kotaku.com/everything-we-learned-today-about-google-stadia-update-1835294433

Looks really enticing. 4K and 60 FPS if your connection is over 40 MBPS. Decent game line up. 

Stadia is gonna bomb. They no exclusive content for their service. Without exclusive games, there really isn't any reason to go to Stadia. Plus I think a lot of people are leery of Google's commitment when they enter new markets. 

On 6/10/2019 at 10:01 AM, Warhead36 said:

FF7 remake comes out March 2020. That actually seems sooner than I thought. Hope they aren't rushing it. I was looking for a reason to hang on to my PS4, I guess that's it.

That combat looked perfect. I mean, it's the perfect blend of the original game's system in a more modern game's setting. I can't wait to play it next year. 

Games I'm looking forward to post-E3. 

1. Cyberpunk 2077

2. Gears 5

3. Halo Infinite

4. Jedi Fallen Order

5. Borderlands 3

6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

7. Final Fantasy 7 Remake

8. Watchdogs Legion

9. My Friend Pedro

10. Fire Emblem Three Houses

11. Astral Chain

12. 12 Minutes

13. Ori 2

14. Avengers

15. Wolfenstein Youngbloods

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

With PS4 and X1 we've lost a huge benefit that consoles used to have where you could just get a game and start playing it in minutes.  With those consoles you have to turn the console on and wait for it to boot up, then install games, then download patches, then you can finally play it.  

With the Switch you don't deal with any of that ****.  Since the game is typically in standby mode, you can go from it being turned off to being playing a game within like 2-3 seconds.  Sure it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you go back and forth all consoles constantly, you realize the convenience that gives you.  Especially when I'm going back/forth from PSVR to playing the Switch.  

The pick up and play convenience of Switch is just something that I really like.  Even switching between games, if they are on the console, it's just so quick and seamless.  And a lot of those indie games take such little time to load and get the games going too.

It's just a great console.

You turn off your PS4 and XB1?  I leave both of mine on 24/7, never had an issue and the PS4 is a launch day one.  I never turn my consoles off unless I have to (with the exception of the Switch, mine is always on the charger when not in use - it turns off then).  And download times depend on the size of the game and your connection, on any console.  

Switching between games isn't a big deal either on any console, is that extra 30-40 seconds a deal breaker?  Not to me.  There are a lot of features about the switch that I don't like, doesn't mean it's not a great console (and I think it is, I think all three are great consoles in their own right).  It depends on what games you want to play and how you want to play them.  

If one is big into the mainstream sports games like NBA 2K19, the Switch version is a damn joke.  Not even in the same solar system as the PS4/Xbox One versions.  With that said, I'm going to buy it on the Switch because they dropped the price to $2.99 :rofl89:

Anyhow, I think the Switch is an excellent console for what it does and it sounds like it is perfect for what @NoCalMike is looking for (and he already has a PS4) and there are some great games on there.  And I'm sure his kid will love it too regardless.

14 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You turn off your PS4 and XB1?  I leave both of mine on 24/7, never had an issue and the PS4 is a launch day one.  I never turn my consoles off unless I have to (with the exception of the Switch, mine is always on the charger when not in use - it turns off then).  And download times depend on the size of the game and your connection, on any console.  

Switching between games isn't a big deal either on any console, is that extra 30-40 seconds a deal breaker?  Not to me.  There are a lot of features about the switch that I don't like, doesn't mean it's not a great console (and I think it is, I think all three are great consoles in their own right).  It depends on what games you want to play and how you want to play them.  

If one is big into the mainstream sports games like NBA 2K19, the Switch version is a damn joke.  Not even in the same solar system as the PS4/Xbox One versions.  With that said, I'm going to buy it on the Switch because they dropped the price to $2.99 :rofl89:

Anyhow, I think the Switch is an excellent console for what it does and it sounds like it is perfect for what @NoCalMike is looking for (and he already has a PS4) and there are some great games on there.  And I'm sure his kid will love it too regardless.

I turn my PS4 and X1X off because I play them so rarely there is no reason to waste electricity and power by keeping them on.  

And if your Switch is charging, it's not off, it's in standby mode.

I also never said it's a deal breaker, I just said it is much more convenient and feels like a console.  One of the complaints about PC gaming back in the day was all of the installations, patching, etc, that you had to do.  Now you have to do all that **** on consoles other than Switch, and it's just a nice convenience to have.

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I literally give up.

Gonna respec and play this **** like Kratos.... just go ham on everyone. Game seriously hates you if you try to play like an assassin

thats why the first one is still my favorite. It’s the most unique time period and gives you the most freedom in your assassinations. I don’t know why they can’t just go back to that and add more stuff to do in between those missions. 

Yeah people sleep on AC1. But it was behind in the times graphically (especially when you consider that an assassins best weapon is the night, yet there is literally no night, or even late afternoon).

But when King Richard lets you go 1v1 with Robert de Sable, surrounded by Knights, or the fight at Masyaf Castle with the Templar  Grandmaster holding the apple.... goosebumps. Probably the best chases and crowds too (back when you actually had to use crowds and beggars to get through some areas and eliminate targets).

The freedom  in literally having to find your targets (something the franchise seems to have half assedly returned in Odyssey) was beautiful. In reality, if you had something like the investigative nature of 1, the puzzles/ambiance of 2, the hunting and naval battles of 3, the gadgets of Revelations,  the freerunning and assassination approach choices of Unity, and the combat of Odyssey, you'd have the greatest game ever made

There is a problem with some of these RPG games and the attention economy. I spend maybe 3-5 hours/wk gaming. You can get barely anything done in this much time. That's what happened in AC origins for me. Eventually, I just got bored and move onto to something else.

Unless the story is just THAT good, there is no way I am sinking 3-4 months into finishing one single game.

Right now, I am playing Super Mario Odyssey on my Switch and it is really nice to not have to do 50 million things just to feel like you got somewhere in the game.

12 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

There is a problem with some of these RPG games and the attention economy. I spend maybe 3-5 hours/wk gaming. You can get barely anything done in this much time. That's what happened in AC origins for me. Eventually, I just got bored and move onto to something else.

Unless the story is just THAT good, there is no way I am sinking 3-4 months into finishing one single game.

Right now, I am playing Super Mario Odyssey on my Switch and it is really nice to not have to do 50 million things just to feel like you got somewhere in the game.

Nearly a month played.... 15 %

The story seems as compelling as any since the culmination of Desmond's story arc, but for ****s sake, I may not make it to the end to see it.

Origins and the story of Bayek was probably the most boring story outside of Arno's in Unity.

That was not the era of Ancient Egypt anyone really wanted

Most pre-Origins AC games you could 100% in 6-8 weeks (and I usually put them away around 70%). What im looking at is like nearly half a year of gsmeplay

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nearly a month played.... 15 %

The story seems as compelling as any since the culmination of Desmond's story arc, but for ****s sake, I may not make it to the end to see it.

Origins and the story of Bayek was probably the most boring story outside of Arno's in Unity.

That was not the era of Ancient Egypt anyone really wanted

Most pre-Origins AC games you could 100% in 6-8 weeks (and I usually put them away around 70%). What im looking at is like nearly half a year of gsmeplay

Bayek's story is so boring and cliche, which really exposes the AC series. It needs a good protagonist with a compelling story, otherwise the repetitive nature of the game gets exposed. The grind in AC Origins just makes it so much worse.

It has the nicest graphics of most games I've played on PC but that will never compensate for boring gameplay.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah people sleep on AC1. But it was behind in the times graphically (especially when you consider that an assassins best weapon is the night, yet there is literally no night, or even late afternoon).

But when King Richard lets you go 1v1 with Robert de Sable, surrounded by Knights, or the fight at Masyaf Castle with the Templar  Grandmaster holding the apple.... goosebumps. Probably the best chases and crowds too (back when you actually had to use crowds and beggars to get through some areas and eliminate targets).

The freedom  in literally having to find your targets (something the franchise seems to have half assedly returned in Odyssey) was beautiful. In reality, if you had something like the investigative nature of 1, the puzzles/ambiance of 2, the hunting and naval battles of 3, the gadgets of Revelations,  the freerunning and assassination approach choices of Unity, and the combat of Odyssey, you'd have the greatest game ever made

The first AC was SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOO ****ing cool right up until you found out it was all fake and a simulation.  I couldn't get into it after that.  And the game was repetitive as ****.

Lol, it wasn't fake. It's the Animus (the device used  by Warren Vidic in AC1 to extract the memories of Desmonds ancestor Altair and secure the Apple of Edens location for the Templars, kidnapping him and strapping him into it).

What we play through, is the memories of Desmond's ancestors, while he's in the animus. How in gods name did you miss this? 😂

That is what I mean.  You were in a machine in the present playing someone's memories from the past.  It was just stupid and ruined it for me.  Well it was that plus the repetition of the gameplay.  I never finished it and had no desire to.  Nor do I remember any details other than how dumb it was that you were in a machine in present time, and then the movie came out and was facepalm worthy too.

I don't really understand (you play a fictional character in a heavily accurate portrayal of older time periods, spending the overwhelming majority of time there save for a few breaks and cutscenes) but the game definitely isn't for everyone.

I am as big a history/science nerd as anyone, and I think in the early years certsinly, they did a brilliant job of blending history, pseudo science fiction, and conspiracy theory/triple helix type stuff

The movie was dumb, but really has nothing of importance to do with the games.

You should really check out Ezio Auditore though

Speaking of open world overdoing it, I'm trying to do a replay of Dragon Age Inquisition but I just...can't seem to get into it. I loved Origins and even managed to replay DA2 a few months ago but Inquisition just doesn't grab me the same way.

6 hours ago, No Excuses said:

When I was in middle through high school, I used to judge a game's value by the number of hours I got out of it versus its cost.  Nice and simple.  But these days, I find time is at such a premium, really we need to ask ourselves of the QUALITY of the time spent playing the games.  These days, I'll take "really good and long enough" over "really long and good enough".

Archived