Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Apex Legends is supposed to be the Fortnite killer.

Its pretty fun. Straightforward not cartoony and crazy like fort nite. It’s really easy to communicate with the team even without headsets so it can be played solo with randoms as your two teammates and you won’t struggle. The ping system and automatic character speak/callouts are really great 

I havent figured out the guns yet. Still getting used to what all the attachments and character abilities are. 

Best I’ve done is come in 2nd one time. I had nothing to do with it tho as I was killed early on and a teammate carried my banner for about 10 minutes until he got to a resplendent point and brought me back for the final few squads remaining. 

I have several kills but they don’t show on the prematch stats screen. Not sure why. It does make me laugh tho since every game it shows me with garbage stats and my teammates are probably pissed they got stuck with me. 

As far as Characters, I like the Chappie looking robot for his grapple ability and l like the Bloodhound for his scanning for enemies ability. I usually try to pick based on what my teammates pick tho so if they have already made their selections I’ll just go with the medic/Lifeline so I can help out. 

Apex is a mix between Fortnite (game my son has played for 18 months) and Overwatch (game he played prior to that).

Since he's been off XBOX to focus on school until sunner, we gave SonofFergasun XBOX as a treat and he played Apex this weekend with friend and they said it was pretty fun.

Since it is rated T there is a better chance it hurts Fortnite.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

How many damn battle royale type games are they going to make?

That's kind of what killed the FPS/shooter genre for me.  It was fun when there were a handful out there, but with the success of Halo/COD/Gears on consoles, I remember a period where it felt like every other game coming out was an FPS or TPS game focused on multiplayer.  Since that time I just haven't had any interest in them.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

How many damn battle royale type games are they going to make?

Its the style du jour.

However... the free to play model is REALLY a disruptor.  Kids in their parents house can play without needing to invest a dime.  That is going to be a huge boner to the gamer generation over the next decade.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

That's kind of what killed the FPS/shooter genre for me.  It was fun when there were a handful out there, but with the success of Halo/COD/Gears on consoles, I remember a period where it felt like every other game coming out was an FPS or TPS game focused on multiplayer.  Since that time I just haven't had any interest in them.

It's killed military shooters and a ton of other fps games for me. I remember awesome franchises like Medal of Honor and SOCOM . I think SOCOM 2 was the first one to ever go online on consoles. Ain't been the same since.

Absolutely slaying BFV... not sure if anyone else is still playing lol. Thinking I might make a little youtube channel just for fun... although my projected audience would be myself and the 2 other guys I play with frequently 😂

Haven't made videos before... thinking about just doing a highlight reel from the last week or two of games. Anyone have experience making videos on PS4? @Chew?

Currently ranked about #6900 (...nice) in score per minute on PS4.

image.thumb.png.7d9842f5cea63656a6b7a773084e0e1b.png

Beautiful, @LLandryistheshiz.  Loving  those stats.  

Ya, like brother Springlesworth said, just hit the share button and broadcast live.  I always broadcast my gameplay to YouTube so I can watch it back on the treadmill the next day and learn from my mistakes.

My wife uses some type of editing software (I'llask her what it is) to make compilations for us.  Takes her like 3-4 hours to make the more intricate videos with captions and transition effects.  

All I'm playing is BF5 now.  Game has been out for 4 months and I only have like 22 hours.  Before the baby I'd have 22 hours logged in a week LOL.  but I've been playing a lot more lately and I'm getting my legs under me and a better feel for the game.  I love BF5 as it's back to the roots as a competitive shooter compared to BF1 which was more casual.  

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

GD if BF1 was casual and I still died like a 2nd lieutenant dropped into a hot LZ in Vietnam in 1968, I don’t even want to think about playing BF5. 

Haha nah man, give it a go.  Just harder to go beast mode in BF5.

That said, I've been going absolutely bonkers lately on the Field.  Finally feel like I'm back in the zone.

Screenshot_20190212-173430_YouTube.thumb.jpg.4f4dd815a4bcedb57c9e3e776dc74d75.jpg

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man, I dunno if it's the fact that I've been near  exclusively Bethesda for like a year now or what (yeah it's probably that lol), but those graphics are sexy

When the time comes that you no longer post here anymore, we will all know that is the day you left Bethesda and played RDR2 or HZD and your head exploded. 

@LLandryistheshiz

Nice sniping. 

The last FPS I played was SW Battlefront (ONE!).  It felt fun as heck just throwing my body into an objective, knowing that 80% chance I'm going to get blown up....

Old gamer confession, I think I played D-Day map single player but the only Online D-Day Invasion Map I've ever played was the Return to Castle Wolfenstein one....

Time to go buy a Ryzen and $200 video card....

Archived