Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Goddamn. I need that. 😮

Yeah and they mixed things up too so it’s not just the exact same thing as the original. For example that first hallway on the left in the police station is where you first meet the licker in the original and now he pops up in a new spot. Puzzles are changed up too. 

Also there are 4 scenarios. Leon A/B and Claire A/B. 

I’m terrified of going back into the sewers where the wall spiders were. I always had to close my eyes and run thru there to the get to the ladder and continue. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:29 PM, Chew said:

Never been much of a grind/loot game fan (Division, Borderlands, Destiny etc), but the new Anthem game looks cool as hell.

I'm getting it. Played the closed alpha, demo last week, and will play the open demo tomorrow. The game's alot of fun. 

I kinda blame ME3 for this. ME3 was really the only co-op/head to head mp I've ever liked, filled with a chill, non ****head community. My guess is they saw the success with that, and wanted to see how a more fleshed out version of that would do. I likely won't get it, but I hope it succeeds. Bioware's future is likely riding on this, as well as any future Dragon Age/ME game.

Oh, don't know when the last time was that some of y'all played Skyrim, but some of this CC stuff is off the chain. The Stormcloaks chainmail  and Imperial gladiator armor are cool as hell. One thing I've definitely noticed playing again, is how ****ty the apparel is in this game, though things have changed a lot since 2011.

Eh, I just read about Anthem that it's always online even when playing solo, so it's a hard pass for me.  If it had a single player campaign mode with a story I probably would have bought it because the environment looks pretty awesome.  I have no interest in doing any online crap with that game though, let alone having to pay for XBL or PS+ just to play it.  **** that.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Eh, I just read about Anthem that it's always online even when playing solo, so it's a hard pass for me.  If it had a single player campaign mode with a story I probably would have bought it

It does. The goal was a single player game that could be played with multiple people if you want . You dont have to play it with friends, though that makes it easier. 

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

because the environment looks pretty awesome.  I have no interest in doing any online crap with that game though, let alone having to pay for XBL or PS+ just to play it.  **** that.

Yea paying for XBL or whatever to play a game is wack but that seems to happen with all my fav games these days. Its also a service I never seem to be without so while its bull**** im definitely stuck in the cycle. 

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Might try the Anthem demo this weekend.

Yea I downloaded it last night. Pretty interested to see if it lives up to my expectations. 

Well it seems this game was designed for a co-op campaign experience with the single player one kind of tacked on, and is intended to be played co-op.  The fact that I'd have to pay for a service I won't play to play single player is about as dumb as it can possibly get, but I'm not surprised that a company like EA would do something as stupid as that.  That alone will make me never buy this game, on principle alone.  I'm petty like that.

I have $50 on the Playstation store. I was thinking about grabbing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Mass Effect, Titanfall2, Resident Evil Biohazard, and Middle Earth: Shadow of War.  I didn't play much last year and need to catch up. I've been debating hard whether to get those 5 or go Red Dead. I think I'll go with those 5.

Also, got Divinity II for Christmas. I am level 3 and cannot when any fights. Any tips? I'm on the island at the beginning of the game. I've looked online and it looks like there is a ton of things to do, but I cannot find them. So, I've been trying to battle to get off the island, but no luck.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Well it seems this game was designed for a co-op campaign experience with the single player one kind of tacked on, and is intended to be played co-op.  The fact that I'd have to pay for a service I won't play to play single player is about as dumb as it can possibly get, but I'm not surprised that a company like EA would do something as stupid as that.  That alone will make me never buy this game, on principle alone.  I'm petty like that.

It's $60 a year for PS4 and $40/yr for XB1............

10 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's actually really easy to find it cheaper than $60/yr.  I have no problem paying for the services if I'm going to be gaming online which is what it is really for.  I paid for XBL gold for like 12-13 years straight and PS+ since it came out up until last year.  I don't really game online anymore so there's no use for it to me so why would I pay for it?

But again, having to pay for a service to play single player in a game that cost $60 already?  Are you really trying to justify that it makes sense to do that?  I mean you couldn't even play this game by yourself single player without a constant internet connection.  That is really ****ing stupid.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I mean.....Lol

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Well it seems this game was designed for a co-op campaign experience with the single player one kind of tacked on, and is intended to be played co-op.  

Yes and no. It was designed to have a strong co-op ala Destiny, but the single player wasn't just tacked on. It is a major feature they are pushing as ALL of their success has come on the backs of great single player experiences and they have recognized and prioritized that from day one. They talk about it at great length. Its not something im worried about. How it works in conjunction with co-op is the biggest area of weakness im worried about, but that has also been a major point of emphasis for them as well. 

Read this if you are actually interested in how they expect this to work 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-01-how-anthem-puts-a-single-player-story-in-a-multiplayer-game

If not, long story short is that your single player campaign is yours. You are welcome to invite anyone you want to join you on any mission. But the world you shape on your own and it is effected by your changes and no one else's. 

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean.....Lol

Yes and no. It was designed to have a strong co-op ala Destiny, but the single player wasn't just tacked on. It is a major feature they are pushing as ALL of their success has come on the backs of great single player experiences and they have recognized and prioritized that from day one. They talk about it at great length. Its not something im worried about. How it works in conjunction with co-op is the biggest area of weakness im worried about, but that has also been a major point of emphasis for them as well. 

Read this if you are actually interested in how they expect this to work 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-01-how-anthem-puts-a-single-player-story-in-a-multiplayer-game

If not, long story short is that your single player campaign is yours. You are welcome to invite anyone you want to join you on any mission. But the world you shape on your own and it is effected by your changes and no one else's. 

Thanks for the link.  It still feels like it's geared towards multiplayer though even after reading that.  Just that you will have NPC's instead of real people, which as we all know, can't compare to real people.  Even in their first paragraph they call it "Biowares multiplayer shooter" right off the gate.  

It also seems like it's a game full of fetch quests, at least from that article, where you just go do "something" then go back to the hub after racking up experience points and stuff to upgrade, and then you go out on the next mission.  

I never liked Mass Effect and i never liked Destiny, so in reality I don't even know why this game would be something I like lol.  I just like seeing the environment when people are flying around in videos I've seen and the graphics are fantastic too.  It just made me want to check it out if it had some very story oriented single player in it.

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Thanks for the link.  It still feels like it's geared towards multiplayer though even after reading that.  Just that you will have NPC's instead of real people, which as we all know, can't compare to real people.  Even in their first paragraph they call it "Biowares multiplayer shooter" right off the gate.  

It also seems like it's a game full of fetch quests, at least from that article, where you just go do "something" then go back to the hub after racking up experience points and stuff to upgrade, and then you go out on the next mission.  

I never liked Mass Effect and i never liked Destiny, so in reality I don't even know why this game would be something I like lol.  I just like seeing the environment when people are flying around in videos I've seen and the graphics are fantastic too.  It just made me want to check it out if it had some very story oriented single player in it.

You're seriously speaking my language.  

I did find myself enjoying Ghost Recon which has a similar style in the sense that CO-OP is subbed for NPCs.  But what set it apart from Destiny for me is that you didnt feel like you were getting left behind.  In Destiny, it's like you need to get friends together and progress the game at a similar rate in order for it to stay exciting.  I played about 2 hours of Destiny, took the game out of the console, and it never went back in.  I just could not get into it.  

9 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I did find myself enjoying Ghost Recon which has a similar style in the sense that CO-OP is subbed for NPCs.  But what set it apart from Destiny for me is that you didnt feel like you were getting left behind.  In Destiny, it's like you need to get friends together and progress the game at a similar rate in order for it to stay exciting.  I played about 2 hours of Destiny, took the game out of the console, and it never went back in.  I just could not get into it.  

Im really hoping this game doesn't end up like that. As much as I loved Destiny, thats exactly why I stopped playing it. Cause if you miss a week you are done. See you next expansion. 

Anyone know anything about that? 

35 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I never even played Destiny I just knew it was something I wouldn't be into.  

With Anthem I just remember seeing it at E3 for the first time like 3 or 4 years ago or something and thought it looked pretty damn awesome, and then it got delayed and delayed and delayed so I just hadn't been following much of it at all so I didn't even know what kind of game they were going for with it.  I'm sure it will be good and people will like it, it's just not something for me really.

I did hear that there is a demo starting today I think, and MS has a free play day as well, so I might grab it when I get home to at least give it a try and make a better call on whether or not I think I'll like it.  Although I just searched and XBL seems to be having issues lol.

Anthem is whack. The part in the javelin is pretty neat and the sound is very good in the game, like REALLY good, but I had no clue wtf I was doing I was just shooting **** and flying around. The framerate is trash though even on X1X @ 1080p. It doesn’t stay at a constant 30 at all, probably like around 25 most of the time. The framerate when you are in the hub or whatever is also garbage. Clearly any footage shown of the game has been on a high end PC.

The game is just too complex for me personally.  I wish the whole game was in the javelin mode and it was just a story that way with basic stuff going on.

So, turns out I need mods for my necromancer playghrough after all. Went Legendary after hitting lvl 65, and I cannot hurt anything of note, unless I am given like a minute. Really bugged me because I joined the Dark Brotherhood, and Touch of Death is my go to assassination spell. It was more like Tickles of Death.

Put in the mods, and I hit it again on that crazy conspiracy dude in Ivarstead, and he screamed and went shooting up into the air like a rocket LOL. That spell is back to normal.

Seems like the only thing you actually change is the cost of spells, and not the damage, after a certain point. TOD should be close to instant kill on regular townie npc's, and now I've set it right.

Also totally owned that Mythic Dawn dude in Dawnstar, and took all his **** lol. That quest really has me itching to play Oblivion,  but I haven't decided on a build yet.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Anthem gameplay is legit. Think ME3 multiplayer, open world, and you can fly. 

I legit miss my N7 operator and Asari Valkyrie

ME3 multiplayer was the only reason my PS3 stayed alive several years after the fact

I'll check out the demo at some point in 2020

Archived