Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

I was so bitter that EA didnt jump at the opportunity to make Battlefield V about Vietnam.  I'm a HHUUGGEEE fan of the online gamplay of Ghost Recon Wildlands, and EA could have run with the guerrilla warfare.... I'm still waiting for a Rockstar, EA, or Ubisoft to do a Vietnam era war game on the new platforms... Bad Company 2 was the last mainstream I can remember.   I may be missing some.

Would've been sweet.  BF:BC2 was my first Battlefield, been hooked ever since.

And you're not missing anything, no Vietnam shooters I can think of outside of Black Ops 1, which was probably my favorite Call of duty ever.  

15 minutes ago, Chew said:

Would've been sweet.  BF:BC2 was my first Battlefield, been hooked ever since.

And you're not missing anything, no Vietnam shooters I can think of outside of Black Ops 1, which was probably my favorite Call of duty ever.  

even that wasnt BASED in Vietnam, you were bouncing around doing missions all over the world.  I have to say the Modern Warfare series was my favorite, but Black Ops 1 was my favorite of the Black Ops series.  I've always been drawn to the realism games more than anything else, which is why I've favored the BF series with the ability to destroy buildings and the surrounding area.  I also love the nuances of bullet drop and other atmospheric influences that you dont find with the COD franchise.  

Have you played Ghost Recon Wildlands? 

58 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

even that wasnt BASED in Vietnam, you were bouncing around doing missions all over the world.  I have to say the Modern Warfare series was my favorite, but Black Ops 1 was my favorite of the Black Ops series.  I've always been drawn to the realism games more than anything else, which is why I've favored the BF series with the ability to destroy buildings and the surrounding area.  I also love the nuances of bullet drop and other atmospheric influences that you dont find with the COD franchise.  

Have you played Ghost Recon Wildlands? 

I'm with ya, the realness of BF I'd what hooked me.  Unlike COD, if there's an annoying camping sniper in a window, in Battlefield you can put an RPG into the side of his hiding place and bring the whole building down :headbang:  and finding the right setup with attachments to get the perfect, manageable recoil. 

Nope, never pulled the trigger on Wildlands.  Is that the multiplayer open world FPS that came out about a year ago? It looked really cool but we didn't get it.

21 minutes ago, Chew said:

I'm with ya, the realness of BF I'd what hooked me.  Unlike COD, if there's an annoying camping sniper in a window, in Battlefield you can put an RPG into the side of his hiding place and bring the whole building down :headbang:  and finding the right setup with attachments to get the perfect, manageable recoil. 

Nope, never pulled the trigger on Wildlands.  Is that the multiplayer open world FPS that came out about a year ago? It looked really cool but we didn't get it.

Yeah, the STORY mode is open world but the online is actually PvP.  You can do the story mode as Co-op but it's not GTA style open world.  Range of maps, not all close quartered combat.  4 on 4, and teamwork is a must.  Unlike most PvP games, you can actually use the environment to your advantage.  Full range of camo options, ghillie suites, and other things so you can truly blend with your environment.  It's honestly the best PvP shooter i've found because I'm just not one for the run around, Akimbo gun, fastest to the trigger wins style gameplay.  Just not my niche.  You gotta get a squad though.  Playing mulitplayer solo can be tough because it is very tactical.  You can't necessarily blow up a building, but there are ways to attack a structure and do damage.  Mortar class and gas class have effect on building occupants if they're positioned near windows and stuff, as well as penetration ability with guns so you really can't just post up.  

If you like Battlefield you might want to check it out.  

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/sys/d/custom-gaming-computer-gtx/6755315173.html

I'm looking for a little help but I don't know what thread to put this in so I figured this one might do.

My son has been begging me for a gaming computer and I want to surprise him with one for Christmas but I know absolutely nothing about them.

I dont want to spend a fortune but I Also dont want to buy a piece of crap that he wont be able to get to do what he wants with it.

If anybody knows about these things can they look at this ad and tell me if it seems like a decent deal.

He said he'd take 850 for it.

He told me he built the computer in 2012 and has put in upgrades since.

Now 2012 seems ancient to me for a computer but he said it's a little different with high end custom builds and that he takes excellent care of his equipment. 

Does this seem like something I should pursue or for that money is there better out there?

The thing I like about this is it's a soup to nuts set up and comes with absolutely everything. 

received_567777410354118.jpeg

Dang man, you've got me all hot and bothered now LOL.  I'm all about teamwork and communication.  The game is kinda old too, I wonder if I could get a good deal.

You on PS4? add me if you ever want to squad up on the 'Field or COD.  Matt-chew82

12 minutes ago, Chew said:

Dang man, you've got me all hot and bothered now LOL.  I'm all about teamwork and communication.  The game is kinda old too, I wonder if I could get a good deal.

You on PS4? add me if you ever want to squad up on the 'Field or COD.  Matt-chew82

yeah i'm on there, I'll log in via the app and shoot you a friend request right now... 

just sent... weird, as soon as I typed 'matt' you popped up stating we had 'mutual friends'  I can't see yours cuz they're private though

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/sys/d/custom-gaming-computer-gtx/6755315173.html

I'm looking for a little help but I don't know what thread to put this in so I figured this one might do.

My son has been begging me for a gaming computer and I want to surprise him with one for Christmas but I know absolutely nothing about them.

I dont want to spend a fortune but I Also dont want to buy a piece of crap that he wont be able to get to do what he wants with it.

If anybody knows about these things can they look at this ad and tell me if it seems like a decent deal.

Now 2012 seems ancient to me for a computer but he said it's a little different with high end custom builds and that he takes excellent care of his equipment. 

Does this seem like something I should pursue or for that money is there better out there?

The thing I like about this is it's a soup to nuts set up and comes with absolutely everything. 

Can you list the specific components (processor, graphics card, etc)?

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Can you list the specific components (processor, graphics card, etc)?

Comes with everything listed below:

Video Card:
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB

Processor:
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W BX80637I53570K
4 GHz stable OC tested strenuously.

RAM:
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Monitors(Quantity: 2):
ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" 2ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor

Case:
Thermaltake Chaser Series Chaser MK-I (VN300M1W2N) Black SECC Extra Big ATX Tower Computer Case Support ATX PS2 Power Supply

Power Supply:
CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

SSD:
Samsung 850 EVO - 120GB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E120B/AM)

HDD:
Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

Mouse:
Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse - 10,000 DPI Sensor - Comfortable Grip - World's Most Popular Gaming Mouse

Keyboard:
Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard

Headset:
Astro A50 w/ Mixamp

Wifi:
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 Dual Band PCI-E Wireless WiFi network Adapter Card for PC

Bluetooth:
AZiO BTD-V201 USB 2.0 Micro Bluetooth Adapter

Optical Drive:
ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS

Processor Heat sink(Aftermarket):
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan

Case Fans(6):
3x Stock
2x Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 - Sleeve Bearing 200mm Silent Fan for Computer Cases (Black)
1x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Silent Fan for Computer Cases, CPU Coolers, and Radiators (Smoke Color)

LEDS
Tingkam Full Kit RGB 5050 SMD 2pcs 18leds 30cm LED Strip Light Attached to Your PC Case via Magnet with 24 key Remote Controller for Desktop Computer Mid Tower Case (The 2nd Generation)

Webcam:
Logitech C270 Widescreen HD Webcam and 3 MP Designed for HD Video Calling and Recording

Mouse Pad:
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad - Black

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I've never done serious computer gaming myself, but I've got friends who are as intense into it as you can be.  The thing I always hear is that they build it themselves, and it's generally a good bit less expensive than purchasing.  Have you considered getting with your son and building one together?  Give him some sort of a voucher or credit limit and you two can do it all?   

4 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I've never done serious computer gaming myself, but I've got friends who are as intense into it as you can be.  The thing I always hear is that they build it themselves, and it's generally a good bit less expensive than purchasing.  Have you considered getting with your son and building one together?  Give him some sort of a voucher or credit limit and you two can do it all?   

I'm not a gamer so I don't think I'd be much help but that's a good idea.

Just now, redskinss said:

I'm not a gamer so I don't think I'd be much help but that's a good idea.

Sounds like your son is into it... not sure how old he is, but it might be good for him to do the research and understand the system as it comes together.  It will help him develop the ability to do the stuff in the in future too... plus it would be cool for him to be able to tell his buddies he built it.  I could be totally off base here, and maybe someone can elaborate, but I believe most of it is replacing whole components... not necessarily building the individual boards. 

Yeah building PC's is basically putting like 8-10 parts together.  I've been doing it for 20 years or so since highschool.  I haven't built one in the past decade though just because I don't do PC gaming and I use my MacBook Pro for pretty much everything I do with a PC now.  My desktop never really gets use and hasn't been upgraded in probably 10 years.

You just have to make sure that the parts are all compatible.  Such as your CPU will fit in the motherboard you got, and that the RAM is the correct RAM for both CPU and mobo.  Also gotta be sure the power supply is compatible.

I also don't think the cost savings from building your own PC now a days is nearly as great as it was back in the day when it was a niche thing.

51 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I just built a gaming PC last September, it probably was slightly cheaper than buying a name brand one.  It's fun, I'd recommend anyone do it at least once if they are able to.  

45 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Sounds like your son is into it... not sure how old he is, but it might be good for him to do the research and understand the system as it comes together.  It will help him develop the ability to do the stuff in the in future too... plus it would be cool for him to be able to tell his buddies he built it.  I could be totally off base here, and maybe someone can elaborate, but I believe most of it is replacing whole components... not necessarily building the individual boards. 

Basically, you purchase a motherboard, processor, memory, video card, hard drives (solid state for operating system and regular one for storage), DVD drive, power supply, CPU cooler, operating system (Windows) and case.  Then put it all together.  Biggest thing is making sure all those parts are compatible and will fit in the case.  

@redskinss That build looks pretty good to me, with exception of the video card.  @PokerPacker knows his stuff and can probably provide better insight than myself.  I gave him my budget and he designed my PC for me, I only made some minor tweaks as my budget increased a little (went with a better vid card and different case).  

I'd make sure that the video card could be upgraded to at least a 1080 Ti and fit in the case:  https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1080-ti/

Edit:  of course you could upgrade it in the future if it can be upgraded, cause those cards are pretty pricey.

@redskinss, I'm going out momentarily, but I can give you more of a review when I get back (or tomorrow).  What I can say is from the brief look-over of parts, that computer is about on par with mine.  I've had mine for a number of years and only really upgraded the GPU (to a GTX 970 I got for free).  It should be able to to handle any game, but it is far from the most powerful on the market these days.  The price doesn't seem right to me for second hand parts at that level, but I'd have to spend a little more time looking it over.  I feel like I could probably put together a more powerful machine with brand new parts for around that price, but I'd have to look at prices for things again.

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

@redskinss, I'm going out momentarily, but I can give you more of a review when I get back (or tomorrow).  What I can say is from the brief look-over of parts, that computer is about on par with mine.  I've had mine for a number of years and only really upgraded the GPU (to a GTX 970 I got for free).  It should be able to to handle any game, but it is far from the most powerful on the market these days.  The price doesn't seem right to me for second hand parts at that level, but I'd have to spend a little more time looking it over.  I feel like I could probably put together a more powerful machine with brand new parts for around that price, but I'd have to look at prices for things again.

Thx for the offer but I ended up getting it.

The guy was real nice and had all the right answers.

I kind of agree with you that the price might have been a little high but with all the extras like a 300 dollar headset I dont think I got taken for a ride or anything. 

It started up in just over 5 seconds and was super fast and I could clearly tell this guy took excellent care of it (he still had every box) and I don't think I could really do any better than what I got for the price.

He still had all the receipts and they totaled just over 2 grand so I think I did alright. 

My son is gonna flip out when he sees this thing, I so don't want to wait until Christmas to give it to him.

Lol.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:44 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

@Llevron

@Dont Taze Me Bro

hotsaus26 is my psn name. Yes... I know😔

I was an 18 year old kid at the time, and I was infatuated with And 1 bball. I'll be on Sunday some time, maybe early depending on how badly the Skins suck.

Just tried adding you, said it wouldn’t let me due to your settings.  

Add me:  DontTazeMeBroski

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Just tried adding you, said it wouldn’t let me due to your settings.  

Add me:  DontTazeMeBroski

Just added you

Ended up turning all my stuff off after I kept getting spammed by something (or a ton of different people... Or the same person) back in the spring, so I got annoyed and just turned all my friend request **** off to make it stop 😂

Archived