Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 7/24/2018 at 10:09 PM, purbeast said:

Hot Shots Golf was by far the best golf franchise on PS3, with part 5 (Out of Bounds) being the pinnacle, but the one for PS4 is complete garbage.  It's called Everybody's Golf on PS4 since they went with the European name world wide this time, but steer clear of it.

Why steer clear?  It looks like it got favorable reviews from what I can tell.  

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Mario Golf for the N64 is still the best golf game ever made. It has the perfect amount of depth, balance and fun. Everything now is too simulation or way too ridiculous. 

Hopefully they release a version on Switch.  Was playing Mario Aces with Tazette.......that was until she mastered the game and kicked my ass all over the place.  I can't even win one match now against her, I think I have something like a 15 game losing streak.  I had to fire back up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for my ego.

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Hopefully they release a version on Switch.  Was playing Mario Aces with Tazette.......that was until she mastered the game and kicked my ass all over the place.  I can't even win one match now against her, I think I have something like a 15 game losing streak.  I had to fire back up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for my ego.

That's too funny. Just have to utterly destroy her in Smash to reclaim alpha status 

50 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why steer clear?  It looks like it got favorable reviews from what I can tell.  

It's just a terrible game.  They ruined it with a basically pay-to-win model and also forces you to do a bunch of non golf stuff in order to stay relevant.  The leveling up system is terrible and the game has absolutely no charm to it because it just has a bunch of create-a-characters in it as oppose to the previous ones where it had characters that all had their own quirky charm to them.  The online mode is a joke as well.  Everything about it is a completely 50 steps backwards from the previous iterations.  

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's just a terrible game.  They ruined it with a basically pay-to-win model and also forces you to do a bunch of non golf stuff in order to stay relevant.  The leveling up system is terrible and the game has absolutely no charm to it because it just has a bunch of create-a-characters in it as oppose to the previous ones where it had characters that all had their own quirky charm to them.  The online mode is a joke as well.  Everything about it is a completely 50 steps backwards from the previous iterations.  

Well crap, guess I'll be passing this one up.  Was about to actually buy it tonight, thanks for the heads up!

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Well crap, guess I'll be passing this one up.  Was about to actually buy it tonight, thanks for the heads up!

No problem.  After it being one of my most anticipated games on PS4 and it turning out the way it did, it's my life mission to spread the good word about how awful it is lol.

Anybody hear about some open world oceanic exploration game coming out (like legit, non indie)? I forgot the name, but the premise sounded pretty interesting. I've long been waiting for someone to pick up the torch of Treasures of The Deep, one of my favorite games ever.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anybody hear about some open world oceanic exploration game coming out (like legit, non indie)? I forgot the name, but the premise sounded pretty intetesting. I've long been waiting for someone to pick up the torch of Treasures of The Deep, one my favorite games ever.

I posted about Skull & Bones a while back. Basically the Ubisoft version of Black Flag minus the assassins. 

14 hours ago, purbeast said:

@Mr. Sinister if you haven't played Abzu yet, I HIGHLY recommend it.  It's a short game but it's truly an incredible experience, especially if you have a great surround sound system.  

I thought about it, but I think when that came out, it I was playing No Man's Sky around the same time, and after that disaster, I like shelved that entire genre, and went several months just playing games where I punched or slashed something in the face.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I thought about it, but I thi k when that cane out, it I was playing No Man's Sky around the sane time, and after that disaster, I like shelved that entire genre, and went several months just playing games where I punched or slashed something in the face.

It's just a really cool experience.  I'm also a sucker for the ocean and snorkeling is probably my favorite thing to do, and tonight I'm actually planning my SCUBA certification process lol.

16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's just a really cool experience.  I'm also a sucker for the ocean and snorkeling is probably my favorite thing to do, and tonight I'm actually planning my SCUBA certification process lol.

Good luck.

I'll check it out. Last time I saw it it was free on PS Plus.

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I thought about it, but I thi k when that cane out, it I was playing No Man's Sky around the sane time, and after that disaster, I like shelved that entire genre, and went several months just playing games where I punched or slashed something in the face.

Sure you don't want to get back on board for the expansion?

I still abuse my GF in Mario Kart 8.....but I see what's coming. Shes slowly been listening to all the things I have been telling her and using it against me. She even has stages she knows better than me now (but I still pick better vehicles) 

The minute she starts beating me back I will put her up against my boys just to hurt them. 

I'm a fun friend. 

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I still feel horrible for recommending that ****ing game.  Dude played everyone, flat out lied, then just left everyone to rot.

Meh, it ain't like you put a gun to my head, fam.

Had I known about it without you saying anything I probably would've gotten it anyway. Space exploration is an emotional blindspot for me :kickcan:

9 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Saw that...and may have to get back into it now...

What can they possibly offer at this point?  The other was a bunch of misleading and lies by the main dude in charge.  The game was so repetitive, travel to this planet, kill these probes/creatures, mine for this resource, go to a space station, sell ****, do a mission.  Repeat, repeat, repeat. Buy a big spaceship and better mining tools.  Go to this planet, repeat everything, etc. etc. etc.

The only thing that would even interest me at this point would be if they made it where you could actually meet up in game with other players, warp to your friends, and have space fights with actual players.  Actual multiplayer element.  At minimum, tons of missions that are actually different and have some type of story with co-op available with your friends.  Me personally, multiplayer.  

I remember when that ass clown said that players could actually meet-up in game it would just be extremely rare due to the randomness and how huge the universe they created was.  Then after launch, like within 1-2 weeks, two players were in the same place, one had named the planet and they reached out to each other through PS4 and tried to meet up on the planet and gave coordinates that matched and couldn't see each other.  Cause the ****er lied.  ****ing joke of a game.

I say that without even reading what the expansion does include.  I'm going to assume, nothing I want or lies until proven wrong.

Detroit: Become Human. Final Grade: A-. Emotional powerhouse. Emotional juggernaut. Its like the "Last of Us" on Lee Haney-era steroids. Tremendous game with tremendous story. You'll fall in love withe the character "Markus", who's as fearless and an as ruthless as they come. I didn't give it a perfect score because the drama is a little over the top at times, but still, one of the best games this year, if not the best. Rush to go get this one. 

Archived