Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 7/12/2018 at 6:48 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You guys made me do it 

Keep us posted. I thought it was an awesome Batman/Bruce story. I still Need to finish second season 

Haven't gotten around  to it yet. Having too much fun in Fallout, despite it's backbfeaking bugs, which have now caused me to decide to hold off on 76 

for several months, until I  can see where they're going to not address these bugs that always mess up every Bethesda game I've ever played, so I can try to avoid it (while  another one can blindside me right afterwards).

Not gonna get suckered at launch. This could be a disaster for the first few weeks/month, etc. And who knows afterwards.

Ever since I had a 30 hour save corrupted during Oblivion for some ridiculous bug, I don't play any of the open world games from Bethesda until a few months of patches hit. Those games are just way too big with too much going on for them to realistically be able to get all the game breaking bugs out until it's in the hands of millions of people doing random things which break the game in ways they couldn't really account for. Most people these days have lengthy backlogs so not playing single player games on release day isn't that big of a deal and sometimes it's even better to just wait a year for the game of the year edition anyways. 

I guess I'm just really lucky because I've never really had issues with Bethesda games. I mean once in a blue moon the game might freeze but I never suffered corrupted saves or anything like that(except for in Skyrim once because I installed an absolute crapton of mods but that was probably more my fault than anything else).

17 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Ever since I had a 30 hour save corrupted during Oblivion for some ridiculous bug, I don't play any of the open world games from Bethesda until a few months of patches hit. Those games are just way too big with too much going on for them to realistically be able to get all the game breaking bugs out until it's in the hands of millions of people doing random things which break the game in ways they couldn't really account for. Most people these days have lengthy backlogs so not playing single player games on release day isn't that big of a deal and sometimes it's even better to just wait a year for the game of the year edition anyways. 

I suspect the bugs  have more to do with being Bethesda games than being big.

24 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I suspect the bugs  have more to do with being Bethesda games than being big.

While that's true as well, almost all open world RPGs have some sort of game breaking bug at release. Even the Witcher 3 had a couple issues at launch and even revised some mechanics.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What is the best golf game for PS4?  I used to be hooked on the Tiger Woods games back in the day.

I work from home so...do a little work, hit a drive.  Do some more work....approach shot.  Do some more work...putt for Birdie...

I haven't played any golf games since one of the early Tiger Woods versions.  Found these articles:

https://www.lifewire.com/best-ps4-golf-games-4172323

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/05/22/ea-sports-out-new-pga-tour-game-way

Looks like a new game is in development for later this year, The Golf Club 2019 (second article).  

Edit:  Dangerous Golf sounds/looks fun, but I'd imagine that Rory McIlory: PGA Tour is closest to what you are looking for.

38 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I haven't played any golf games since one of the early Tiger Woods versions.  Found these articles:

https://www.lifewire.com/best-ps4-golf-games-4172323

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/05/22/ea-sports-out-new-pga-tour-game-way

Looks like a new game is in development for later this year, The Golf Club 2019 (second article).  

Edit:  Dangerous Golf sounds/looks fun, but I'd imagine that Rory McIlory: PGA Tour is closest to what you are looking for.

I'm gonna check that Golf Club 2019 game.

I played 2 this weekend:

Star Wars BattleFront 2 (Campaign): Grade B+. Not half bad. The story is "Attack of the Clones" awful -- so utterly ridiculous and annoying -- but if you

can get past that, the actual missions are pretty fun. Enjoyed playing Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and most of all, flying the Millernium Falcon! 

Its short, but I got the game for $19.99, and at that price, its a steal.  

Detroit: Become Human: Grade A. Wow. Just...wow. Amazing premise, gripping drama, intense gameplay, and I love how every decision you make can effect the outcome. Now, I have to confess that this is NOT my type of game -- I generally hate bleak and depressing "dystopia" games like this -- and after playing it once, I will probably never play it again (in fact I'm going to trade it in). Yet, despite it being not my kind of game, I can't deny its brillance. 

On 7/23/2018 at 10:53 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

What is the best golf game for PS4?  I used to be hooked on the Tiger Woods games back in the day.

I work from home so...do a little work, hit a drive.  Do some more work....approach shot.  Do some more work...putt for Birdie...

Hot Shots Golf was by far the best golf franchise on PS3, with part 5 (Out of Bounds) being the pinnacle, but the one for PS4 is complete garbage.  It's called Everybody's Golf on PS4 since they went with the European name world wide this time, but steer clear of it.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:53 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

GTA V... pretty awesome golf minigame

On 7/24/2018 at 10:55 PM, PokerPacker said:

Whatever, best Golf game is on the Switch: Golf Story.

geese-golf-story-100917.jpg

All joking aside, this game is fantastic.  I loved every moment of it.  I wouldn't really call this a "golf" game though, in the traditional sense that is of course.

Archived