Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 7/5/2018 at 6:59 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Been hearing that someone is trying to take another stab at Mortal Kombat

And here it is (saw it in my newsfeed this morning).

https://screenrant.com/mortal-kombat-movie-reboot-character-breakdowns/amp/

Mortal Kombat Movie Reboot Breakdown Confirms New & Returning Characters

COLE TURNER

Lead Male. 30s. A brand new character to the MK franchise. Cole is a struggling and widowed boxer who cares more about his young daughter than anything. He is incredibly determined and refuses to quit in the face of fantastical adversity.

KANO

Supporting Lead Male. 30s. The large, rugged Australian ex-special forces turned merc-for-hire. He is arrogant and impetuous but a tremendous fighter.

SONYA BLADE

Supporting Lead Female. 30s. The beautiful, brainy blonde writer who chases the prophecy of Mortal Kombat. She recruits Cole and fights bravely and selflessly for a team she can only be a true part of once she earns a medallion in combat.

JIN/LORD RAIDEN

Male. 14. The immortal thunder God and protector of the Earth realm, who leads and trains the Earth team in the Underworld.

MILEENA

Female. 25-35. A drop dead gorgeous woman that is part of the Outworld side. She wears a sheer gown over thigh-high boots and a revealing one-piece, with a veil that covers her nose and mouth.

JACKSON "JAX" BRIDGES

Male. 30-40. “Jax” is a strapping mercenary/military officer who loses both of his hands in an attack and then joins Sonya and Cole to fight the Outworld.

LIU KANG

Male. 20-35. A fire throwing ninja warrior who is a talented Earth realm champion.

KUNG LAO

Male. 25-35. The mute warrior monk brother of Liu Kang, who yields an all powerful boomerang hat.

SHANG TSUNG

Male. No age specified. The great sorcerer of Outworld, whose presence is a storm cloud of dark energy. His ever-changing roulette of faces unfurls an evil smile.

DRAHMIN

Male. 25-35. An Oni devil mask over his face, his body is composed of twisted sinewy skin, a heavy spiked club replaces one arm.

KABAL

Male. 25-35. An evil assassin of Outworld, he is outfitted in a black armored vest and trench coat. His entire head is covered by a scarred black respirator. His signature weapons are two razor-sharp hook swords.

NITARA

Female. 25-35. A black-haired vampire of Outworld. Two massive leathery batwings protrude from her bare shoulders. Fresh blood drips from her fangs.

REIKO

Male. 25-40. An armor-clad Outworld General with white glowing eyes. He drags a massive war hammer with him.

THE OVERSEER

Male. Late 80’s. The overseer of the clock tower and the training grounds that house the Earth realm warriors, he is laughably old.

EMILY

Female. 12. Cole's scrappy, determined, and wise-beyond-her-years daughter.

SOPHIA

Female. 60s. Cole’s understanding, discerning mother-in-law who houses Emily and is her primary guardian.

JESS

Female. 30-35. Cole’s judgmental sister-in-law, who believes Cole to be a selfish, bad father. She lives with Sophia and Emily

And there it went. Predictable pattern with videogames. Totally warp everything, don't stay true to the source material, take characters completely out of their elements, throw them all in a gigantic blender with characters that do not even exist.

Or it could be worse... It could be a smash hit.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Between that, Kung Lao being a mute, and Sonya Blade being some bookworm, I nearly fell out of my chair :rofl89:.

They try so hard to **** this **** up on a grand scale, time and time again.

Yeah....I kinda got stuck on the Raiden thing....How much ya wanna bet they make Jax caucasian....

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

No Goro?  

Pass.  

No Shokans. Or Lin Kuei. Or Johnny Cage. Or Scorpion... You know... THE MOST POPULAR OF ALL MORTAL KOMBAT CHARACTERS. :ols:

To be fair, the writer does mention that it's all still in production, so things are probably still very fluid, but it looks like the characters above will be the most central to the plot. So I doubt even if they were included, it would be anything more than a token ode to fans, if that.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

He is the Thunder God.....he'll be ok :D

More like a rumbling God at age 14...

Not to mention a constant complainer that life's not fair...

I cant even imagine a teenager as a god...With an ultra hot Mileena? If he's anything like I was at 14...hormones will be raging 

SubZero is probably the most popular character but I didn't see him listed either. wtf

I'm ok with Kung Lao being mute, he's a monk so I can see it fitting his character. The only thing he ever said in the video games was "ayayayayayayaya" when he was swinging his hat around anyway

I'm ok with Johnny Cage not being there. We all get enough taint punch threats around here from TryTheBeal, we don't need a hollywood douche running around actually doing it.

This movie is going to suck though, 100%

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

SubZero is probably the most popular character but I didn't see him listed either. wtf

Well both of them together are certainly the two most popular characters. Cage isn't all that important ultimately, but since MK IS a lot darker in tone, he's always been the perfect contrast, to go along with the more savage and serious characters

I would be surprised that Ed Boon would let a ****ty MK movie be made.  The first MK is probably my favorite video game movie of all time.  The acting is terrible but it has some really great fight scenes and stays somewhat true to the actual original story.  MK Annihilation on the other hand is one of the worst video game movies ever.  But some of the fight scenes in the original MK are awesome.  My favorite is the Liu Kang vs. Reptile scene, with Liu Kang and Shang Tsung being a close second.  Same with Scorpion and Johnny Cage and Liu Kang and Sub Zero.  Those are also great but are very short.

I personally think that Scorpion is the #1 MK character.  He's synonymous with MK, and I think "GET OVER HERE!" is the most iconic line in the MK universe, other than "FATALITY".  Maybe "FLAWLESS VICTORY" is up there too.  But as far as a character speaking while doing a move, nothing tops "GET OVER HERE!" as a spear rips into your neck and blood flies all over.

If the MK movie is rated R and has Ed Boon's blessing, I'd definitely watch it.

21 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Can't they just make The Raid 3 and have the entire cast cosplay as MK characters?

Completely off topic, but the main actor from the first two Raid movies signed a deal with Netflix. His next movie or a tv show, whatever he decides to do, will be available there day one. 

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Completely off topic, but the main actor from the first two Raid movies signed a deal with Netflix. His next movie or a tv show, whatever he decides to do, will be available there day one. 

That dude is also in the new Mark Wahlberg movie coming out, Mile 22.  It looks pretty good and he looks like a badass in it.

Archived