Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I am not impressed with the engine in Halo Infinite at all.  The animation on the Rhinos looks off to me, and the water coming up on shore around the rocks looks really bad.  I dunno, something about it just looks dated and it doesn't even have a release date yet.  And yes I know I know, it's still very early and I'm sure it will improve, but I'm not a psychic and can only comment on what was shown.

It thought it looked great. It also seems like a good chance that he game takes place, at least in part, on installation 07 judging by the writing in the cave. 07 was the only ring to house ancient humanity 100,000 years ago which would explain the hieroglyphics shown in the trailer. 

Present day, the ring has some flood lifeforms on it as well and was being monitored by the UNSC and elites. 

Curious to see what Chief is doing there and where the story goes 

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

MS conference was extremely underwhelming and unhype.  The only games that I really had any interest in was Ori and Sekiro, which were like 2 of the first games shown which made for a pretty meh 90 minutes afterwards.  I thought Sekiro was Onimusha until they showed Activision and not Capcom was behind it.  That game looks pretty awesome.

But damn, I've had an Xbox One since launch and Xbox One X since I won it from Taco Bell, and I have legit turned on my X1X twice, and it was to play Cuphead.  I haven't used it since, and I don't see any reason to really turn it on any time soon.  Maybe I'd get Sekiro on X1X over PS4 for controller reasons alone though.  Even though they are trying to get more companies on board, it's still just Gears, Halo, and Forza + multiplatform games.  I'm just not into multiplayer like I used to be either so most of those games don't appeal to me very much.

The most unhype moment for me was when they showed the "world premiere exclusive" trailer, then showed a car, and it's like "oh look another Forza Horizon game NOBODY KNEW THIS WAS COMING!"  And it got even more unhype when the guy kept saying how seasons drastically change the game, but in practice it looked like only the winter season did since the lake froze and snow covered roads.  Oh and I guess it only rains in the spring in the world, not in the summer, fall, or winter.

I had the exact opposite feeling from the Xbox conference. They laid a lot of foundation for the future of their first party studios, and it looks like 2019 will be a big year for them in gaming. I liked the Halo Infinite trailer, Gears 5, Ori 2, their making a new Battletoads(finally!), and for once I might actually play Forza Horizon(I'm not much of a racing fan). Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing. 

They've launched a brand new studio called The Initiative, led by the guy who ran Crystal Dynamics when they rebooted Tomb Raider. They purchased Playground Games(made all the Forza Horizon games and are making the new Fable game), Undead Labs(State of Decay games), Compulsion Games(We Happy Few), and surprisingly, Ninja Theory(made Hellblade and DMC). That's a lot of talent and potential for making new IPs. 

Microsoft had a lot to prove this conference, gamers were losing faith in their direction and what they planned to do in the future. They answered a lot questions in the long term. It's unfortunate they don't have many first party games to show now since they just got rid of Myerson and got a worthy budget to compete. 

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

I am not impressed with the engine in Halo Infinite at all.  The animation on the Rhinos looks off to me, and the water coming up on shore around the rocks looks really bad.  I dunno, something about it just looks dated and it doesn't even have a release date yet.  And yes I know I know, it's still very early and I'm sure it will improve, but I'm not a psychic and can only comment on what was shown.

You are literally the only person I've seen who thought it looked bad. Oh well, different strokes....

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

They've launched a brand new studio called The Initiative, led by the guy who ran Crystal Dynamics when they rebooted Tomb Raider. They purchased Playground Games(made all the Forza Horizon games and are making the new Fable game), Undead Labs(State of Decay games), Compulsion Games(We Happy Few), and surprisingly, Ninja Theory(made Hellblade and DMC). That's a lot of talent and potential for making new IPs. 

That's all good and all, but I'll wait to see the finished products.  MS has been "all about the games" this whole generation according to them, and so far their library is pretty much complete crap IMO.

I'm also curious what interests you so much about this version of Horizon that didn't interest you in any of the past 3.  It looks exactly like more of the same.  And I'm a huge Horizon fan, but I didn't get part 3 because it just looked like more of the same game I had played in part 2.  Although I hear the hot wheels add on on FH3 is really great.

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

You are literally the only person I've seen who thought it looked bad. Oh well, different strokes....

I didn't say the whole game looked bad, I said it looked dated, and it's probably years out still. 

Did you really think the shoreline with the water coming up looked good?  That part looked bad.  It has no kind of interaction with the rocks that it's supposed to be hitting and just looks like a layer going underneath.  And I know that Halo has never really been a game known for it's graphics, but I'd expect something better for the flagship game that is going to be out like year 7 into a consoles life cycle, especially considering X1X is very powerful.

Maybe it's because I just finished God of War and the graphics in that game are just incredible.

As someone that adores Black Flag, this has me pretty excited. Looks like they took all the pirate aspects of BF and just made an entire game out of it.

Ahoy mateys!  

Not sure if this has pvp with combat in the world like Sea of Thieves or if it’s esclisively single player. Tho honestly, if I can’t be a badass and board manually swinging back and forth  between ships and kicking ass...my interest isn’t nearly the same. 

Man black flag was awesome 

The Division 2. The first one was pretty popular. I was excited at first but when it turned into destiny with bullet sponge enemies I justost interest and never even picked it up. 

——-

TLOU2 and that samurai game look incredible, but holy **** that was the worst conference I've ever seen at E3 since I started watching them in probably the late 90's or early 2000's.  The trailers were WWWAAAAYYYY too long and they showed like 5 games.  On top of that they had an intermission WITH AN INTERMISSION FOR THE INTERMISSION while the audience switched rooms.  WTF???  And no PSVR games?

Wow that was god awful. 

And no release dates for the 2 games I cared about.  If RE2 doesn't have PSVR support I won't even touch it.

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

TLOU2 and that samurai game look incredible, but holy **** that was the worst conference I've ever seen at E3 since I started watching them in probably the late 90's or early 2000's.  The trailers were WWWAAAAYYYY too long and they showed like 5 games.  On top of that they had an intermission WITH AN INTERMISSION FOR THE INTERMISSION while the audience switched rooms.  WTF???  And no PSVR games?

Wow that was god awful. 

And no release dates for the 2 games I cared about.  If RE2 doesn't have PSVR support I won't even touch it.

Yeah I don’t know why they started everyone in a church just for TLOU 2 and then moved everyone into the theater. That was dumb 

It they’ve said for months they were only focusing on TLOU 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man. That was going to be the bulk of their conference focused on those few games so I enjoyed the really long gameplay shown for all of them. Still got some surprises like the RE2 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah I don’t know why they started everyone in a church just for TLOU 2 and then moved everyone into the theater. That was dumb 

It they’ve said for months they were only focusing on TLOU 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man. That was going to be the bulk of their conference focused on those few games so I enjoyed the really long gameplay shown for all of them. Still got some surprises like the RE2 

RE2 was not a surprise, that has been known for a long time that it's in the works.  Since like 2015 or something it's been known.  That's why I was hoping to be thrown a bone about VR mode or something since RE7 was so well received in VR.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

RE2 was not a surprise, that has been known for a long time that it's in the works.  Since like 2015 or something it's been known.  That's why I was hoping to be thrown a bone about VR mode or something since RE7 was so well received in VR.

I mean knew it was being made I just didn’t expect it here since they said they are focusing on those other games 

all the news and tidbits will be coming out about the games tonight and tomorrow I’m sure. Tonight was just for trailers and hype/announcing 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean knew it was being made I just didn’t expect it here since they said they are focusing on those other games 

all the news and tidbits will be coming out about the games tonight and tomorrow I’m sure. Tonight was just for trailers and hype/announcing 

I'm not sure how people can get hype for Spiderman when there is already like hours of footage out there of it.  I can't believe they spent so much time on that game.  Marvel definitely gave them a nice chunk of change for that.

I’m still blown away by The Last of Us 2 trailer. Everything is so fluid and the animation is unreal like when she pulls the arrow out of that guy’s chest. I’m sure some aspects like the final death are scripted but the basics of the gameplay are there and they look amazing. The transitions from stealth to gun fights, the wide open areas, hiding under trucks and using the environment, the limited ammo, the gritty personal and brutal combat is back, hey they added a dodge move...it’s all just perfect. Even just little details are great like her breathing heavily while hiding and moving compared to before she is spotted 

I didn’t want a sequel but damn it I can’t refuse it. 

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

That's all good and all, but I'll wait to see the finished products.  MS has been "all about the games" this whole generation according to them, and so far their library is pretty much complete crap IMO.

I'm also curious what interests you so much about this version of Horizon that didn't interest you in any of the past 3.  It looks exactly like more of the same.  And I'm a huge Horizon fan, but I didn't get part 3 because it just looked like more of the same game I had played in part 2.  Although I hear the hot wheels add on on FH3 is really great.

I didn't say the whole game looked bad, I said it looked dated, and it's probably years out still. 

Did you really think the shoreline with the water coming up looked good?  That part looked bad.  It has no kind of interaction with the rocks that it's supposed to be hitting and just looks like a layer going underneath.  And I know that Halo has never really been a game known for it's graphics, but I'd expect something better for the flagship game that is going to be out like year 7 into a consoles life cycle, especially considering X1X is very powerful.

Maybe it's because I just finished God of War and the graphics in that game are just incredible.

Forza Horizon 3 has been considered one of the best games to come out on xbox one this gen. It has a 91 in metacritic. I haven't played it, but most racing fans I come across talk about it like its the GOAT. FH4 looks to take what 3 was and make it open world. You can do live events and stuff and it changes with the seasons. Just seemed like if I was ever going to give a racer a shot, this would be the one to do. 

I didn't see any problems with the water. My only negative with halo infinite is the character models. They looked less realistic than 343 has provided in halo 4 and Guardians. The reason why Infinite is taking so long is because they are developing a new game engine, Slipspace, a long with making the game and that slows things down. It's probably going to be a next gen game, so I'm hoping the character models are improved before then. 

Gears 5 looks amazing. Can't wait to play that next year. I've heard about some of the games they held back, don't know why they didn't mention they have Playground Games making the next Fable. 

I've already signed up for The Division 2 beta. I think I'll sign up for the Fallout 76 beta too.

2 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Forza Horizon 3 has been considered one of the best games to come out on xbox one this gen. It has a 91 in metacritic. I haven't played it, but most racing fans I come across talk about it like its the GOAT. FH4 looks to take what 3 was and make it open world. You can do live events and stuff and it changes with the seasons. Just seemed like if I was ever going to give a racer a shot, this would be the one to do. 

I didn't see any problems with the water. My only negative with halo infinite is the character models. They looked less realistic than 343 has provided in halo 4 and Guardians. The reason why Infinite is taking so long is because they are developing a new game engine, Slipspace, a long with making the game and that slows things down. It's probably going to be a next gen game, so I'm hoping the character models are improved before then. 

Gears 5 looks amazing. Can't wait to play that next year. I've heard about some of the games they held back, don't know why they didn't mention they have Playground Games making the next Fable. 

Forza Horizon has been open world since part 1 so the open world aspect is nothing new.  Even in part 2 with the drivatars they had it so you would have AI versions of people on your friends, so I'd expect that part 3 expands on that.  And I am 100% positive that they will also do this in part 4 when there aren't enough people online.  This is not a new concept and was done in Burnout Paradise back on 360. 

I mean if you think about it, in a year when no one is on FH4, they need AI cars so it's not like it is ONLY going to be other people.   And do you really think they are going to make a game online only?  I know we live in the DC area that is all urban but you have to remember there is still A LOT of people who game that don't even get online at all or care about it, which is why MS did a 180 with the X1 and didn't make it required to be always online. 

Conceptually FH4 and the "always seeing real people" thing is cool, but as a developer myself of over 13 years, it's not going to be nearly as cool in practice if I had to put my money on it.  Same with "live events" they have had these in games forever.  There will be a handful of these but it's not like everything is going to be this way.  I remember the "meetups" on FH2, and in reality, you didn't know whether you were meeting up with AI or real people.  And again, in real world, meeting with real people at a spot on the game world at a specific time isn't very realistic, and in the end, it doesn't really mattter if it is AI or not.

Archived