Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

3 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Conan: Exiles (PS4) coming out this week. Looks like it could have potential. One thing I'm nto sure about it though -- is it an MMO that requires

internet connection? Does it offer a single player campaign? If its a dedicated MMO I'm not going to be interested.

Staring God of War this weekend -- stoked! 

Read on a forum just now that you can play single player mode offline on consoles, no internet connection required.  It's more of a survival game with MMO elements, like ARK. 

There are multiplayer public servers that offer PvE (only NPCs can attack players and their thralls cannot attack other players) and PvP (players can attack other players at any time and there will be dedicated raid times from 5pm - 11pm local server time where you can destroy their buildings/structures).  They are adding one additional mode on PC called PvE: Conflict where you can damage/kill other players from 5pm - 11pm local server time but building/structure damage is always turned off.  

I've had my eye on this game for a long time.  I'm gonna give it a shot, it appears that it would be more fun than ARK Survival.  Plus, I loved Age of Conan on PC when it first came out.  Loved PK'ing peeps on that game.  Then it got ruined.......like every mmorpg with open world pvp does :(

Here's a link to their site, forum boards link up at the top too.  https://www.conanexiles.com/

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Chew is going to be your New Vegas guy. He loves that game and pretty sure he knows it inside and out 

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I liked New Vegas better then Fallout 4 in all honesty.

Yeah Chewy has been marking for New Vegas for several years. Gonna try and play for at least a few minutes before I have to call it a night. Shouldn't have wasted my time on stupid Raptors nonsense.

Too bad the NBA playoffs can't be like the NFL or MLB. **** drags on way too long and ruins all my tv viewing time because I am such a dedicated bball slave.

I'm the opposite - I'm glad the NBA playoffs (and NHL as long as Caps are still in it) because once they are both done, there is nothing on EXCEPT baseball until the NFL starts.  But The Caps have been cutting into my God of War time a lot recently!

38 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm the opposite - I'm glad the NBA playoffs (and NHL as long as Caps are still in it) because once they are both done, there is nothing on EXCEPT baseball until the NFL starts.  But The Caps have been cutting into my God of War time a lot recently!

Don't make me choose between you and my Caps, God of War, because you just can't win! :)

2 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Don't make me choose between you and my Caps, God of War, because you just can't win! :)

I was playing God of War during intermissions last night.  I'd set my timer on my phone for like 16 minutes and play until it went off.  After the first intermission I was at a part I couldn't just stop watching so I missed the first 4 minutes of the period, including the goal to put us up 1-0.  

Got in a solid hour last night. Once my eyes adjusted to the Ps one and a half graphics (Bethesda's always been some **** in  that dept, even with 4), I started familiarizing myself with everything.

Going full on sophisticated lady of rage. Energy weapon, explosives, charm build. Don't know what else I will specialize in, probably anything thief oriented like sneak and lockpick/hack.

I do like that there seem to be a lot of different factions in this. Fallout 4 sucked hard at this. Hard. Could've done so much better in  that regard. Probably going to join  those Caesar's Legion folks

Well Conan Exiles looks cool..........now only if I could actually play the game :rofl89:

**** kept freezing up on the load screen.  Finally got into one PvP server, then it froze up on the character creation screen.  They ****ed up this launch at a pathetic level.  Like, basically going in raw with no KY.  Not nearly enough official servers available at launch, and each one only holds 40 players.  I read someone's post on their forum boards that their country only had like 3 official servers :wtf:

They started adding more as the day went on, but early on I decided that I'd give them a few days to add more servers and work out the bugs of the launch.  Just played Madden like always.  

Played the new God of War last night (with a brief interruption to check the Caps game) and all of today. Its so good its almost overwhelming. 

You could go down the checklist -- stunning graphics, thrilling, complex combat, and so forth -- but one of the things that strikes me the most

about this game is how GREAT the NPCs are. All the NPCs in the game (and I guess I'd include Atreus in that category -- and he's the best NPC

of them all) have truly unique and memorable personalities. Its attention to details like this that makes this game just a startling achievement.  

Cool, because as much as I love New Vegas so far, the graphics are seriously almost like a first rate PS1 game. It's disturbing me greatly. Other than that, the game is flawless.

Been raking in a ton of money playing cards, and stealing people's ****. And killing. Lots of senseless/sensible slaughter. Caps rule everything around me.

On 5/4/2018 at 8:49 PM, Llevron said:

Rayman is my sheit. Me and the GF play that. 

Actually now that I think about it. Can tall recommend any good couch co-op on PS4? 

We dig **** like Diablo 3. Rayman. Boarderlands. One Piece Pirate Warriors. Anything two player where we can kill **** and or with decent puzzles. 

Checkout Dragons Crown Pro that's about to come out on Tuesday. It's awesome for co-op, it's like an RPG beat em up. An action rpg but with a side view instead of overhead. The co-op is couch and online. 6 characters/classes to choose from and very high replayability value. You grind for gear upgrades and stats like Diablo 3. Made by Vanillaware too.

I finally have some time and took the plunge on God of War. Only got to put in like 2 hours last night but I am very impressed with it. I didn't really follow it or read any reviews because I knew it was a game I was going to get regardless. I have learned over the years the best way for me personally to make games I'll probably enjoy even better is going in blind. Did the same for BotW which was sooooo hard but sooooo worth it. State of Decay is coming out 5/22, so many great games and so little time a massive first world problem. Great time to be a gamer that's for sure.

I really enjoyed the Detroit: Almost Human demo. I did it twice and saved the girl both times but in totally different ways and apparently there are SIX different route trees you can go on. Pretty awesome. I really do hope it stays true to its word and that every action has an actual consequence.

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I really enjoyed the Detroit: Almost Human demo. I did it twice and saved the girl both times but in totally different ways and apparently there are SIX different route trees you can go on. Pretty awesome. I really do hope it stays true to its word and that every action has an actual consequence.

Thats another one I've been mostly blind on, what type of game play is it or games is it like?

2 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Thats another one I've been mostly blind on, what type of game play is it or games is it like?

I played it for a few minutes, but it reminds me of Heavy Rain, if you've played that. Made by the same company. Interactive narrative.

Also, lmao:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/12/monster-hunter-film-go-production-september-starring-milla-jovovich/

Milla Jovovich will be starring in the upcoming Monster Hunter movie that is being directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, who also did the Resident Evil movies. The film heads into production this September. [Thanks, Variety!]

The film will have a budget of around $60 million from Constantin Film, and will be shot around Cape Town in South Africa

How the hell would a Monster Hunter movie work? Its gonna totally suck.

2 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'd say its like a super upgraded version of the Telltale games. Seems heavily story/narrative driven but LOTS of choice paths.

Days Gone is a game that has had my interest since it debuted at E3 2016 with the gameplay trailer showing off a fast zombie horde chasing the player. 

it the GameInformer cover story this month and the details revealed make me really excited for it. 

-Its a single player game open world game. Despite being open world, the game is narratively focused on the main story and doesn’t throw a bunch of side quests at you. They described it as a linear story game set in an open world. It will still take you around 30 hours to complete the main story. 

- throughout the main story, there around 20 people that are really important in the story and from what I gather can live or die or change their relationship with you based on your actions and decisions. This leads to multiple ending options 

-your bike is the only vehicle you have. If you park it and walk away, you have to walk all the way back and get it. If you run of out gas, you have to walk to the nearest outpost to get fuel. Your bike gets damaged and needs repairs too. Your bike is also upgraded throughout the game. I think this is awesome. Really drives home the realistic approach to the game and how you have to be deliberate with your actions. It grounds the game and keeps the tone and gameplay as serious as the story. 

- there are a lot of zombie hordes as shown above and they aren’t scripted. they move around on their own so they could be encountered randomly along the way. Additionally, human enemies will randomly set traps and ambushes along the road to catch you. You can defeat the human enemies in the area but the world acts as sort of a living ecosystem where if you eliminate human enemies you can expect more zombies to begin to populate the area. 

-the game is hard. There is only one difficulty and it’s supposed to be tough to coincide with the gritty brutality of the world

Seems prettt good so far. Release is set for early 2019

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

I started up New Vegas last night. I had no idea that's what the NCR was. I had no knowledge of Fallout lore beyond 3, which was the first I ever played, and probably my favorite Bethesda mod from Skyrim (Lore books spread throughout the world to help you better  understand the games present and past ) is not present in Fallout 4.

Pretty interesting, though the character models are just laughably bad (almost reminded me of the early days of Pixar animation in the intro sequence where the Courier is shot), but it's manageable.

I had to go to sleep so I stopped at character creation. From what I have seen so far this game almost has sort of a Mad Max feel to it. Can't wait to try it out. I bought it at launch, but sold it to my cousin because I never got around to playing it.

I hope they have  Nellis/Groom Lake in here somewhere

Enjoy it, man.  FL:NV was awesome.  Some of the PC modders have recreated New Vegas within Fallout 4 as a DLC, I believe.

New Vegas has a great story, better than FO3 IMO, with a lot more choices to make and factions to interact with.  I think NV also had the best DLCs of all the recent Fallout games.  FO4 catered to the masses and went a little more commercial.

I was sad when it was announced that the new game Bethesda has been working for a few years now is not a Fallout or Skyrim, so here's to hoping we'll get a new FO game by 2021.  :( 

Yeah playing New Vegas has made me realize just how unimaginative Fallout 4 was. Sad. But I am having fun though.

I actually remade my character into sort of an Ocelot/Littlefinger, double agent ladder of chaos climbing swindler. intelligent, charismatic, perceptive, lucky, man of science, skilled negotiator survivalist repairman and gunman.

All my perks so far have been to farm more skills and xp, and repaired a robot so with that, on top of crushing everyone I can find at  cards, I've been able to accumulate considerable wealth, ammo and supplies  and rwith that ass kicking eyebot  I  can carry twice the amount of gear since I sacrificed Strength Agility and Endurance.

Best move to date was stealing some faction clothes and infiltrating the overrun prison, doing some wetwork assassinations for their boss, then flipping on them and taking it back with the NCR soldiers. :ols:

Ladder of chaos

One of you New Vegas'ers explain something to me. Is it possible to just walk around and suddenly have 11k disappear from your inventory? Asking for a friend, on a count of something that happened last night, while in the town with the weird Dinosaur mascot thing. :kickcan:

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

One of you New Vegas'ers explain something to me. Is it possible to just walk around and suddenly have 11k disappear from your inventory? Asking for a friend, on a count of something that happened last night, while in the town with the weird Dinosaur mascot thing. :kickcan:

It is a pretty buggy game.

Archived