Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Lmao I can just see that now. 

Sin - one thing I can’t remember hearing you talk about, what was your take on the 3/trilogy ending? 

Mixed bag at best. I thought the entire sequence/battle itself was brilliant, but the journey there was frustrating. For all the positive/necessary decisions made in all 3 games, and especially the last one, running around like a headless chicken putting out fires, there should have been a better, more well thought out payoff.

Of the three and a half endings (they tried to go back and salvage something with the destruction ending via DLC/patch if you achieved a high readiness rating), Destruction, Control, and Synthesis, I liked Control the most. It is the perfect ending for the Renegade playthrough imo.

Destruction makes no sense at all, given what they fought for, and whom they fought with, depending on the decisions you made. And it is done under no guarantee of a future free from that kind of threat happening again. Stupid. Utterly stupid. And the ending shows everyone aimlessly wandering our Local solar system...

Spoiler

since all 3 endings lead to the temporary destruction of the Mass relay network, but Destruction seems to be the one that would take the absolute longest amount of time, since under Control, you oversee the reconstruction, as the new Harbinger basically, and in Synthesis, the explosion in shared  technology aids to quick reconstruction. So basically, everyone is going to die in space lol

Synthesis just seems too oddly perfect, and forced.  Kinda like the  ending that would happen if this were a long running highly successful sci fi action drama series, that just needed to end because the actors were in high demand and were threatening to quit, or were demanding higher salaries, so they finished a season earlier than expected. That sort of thing... (frankly I think it would he awesome if someone were allowed to pick this up. I refuse to believe that franchise like Mass Effect, Metal Gear, and Silent Hill, are officially dead forever, in all forms of mecia, if not video games. That can't happen)

Frankly, there's a lesser known 4th ending that people don't know if as well as the others. I just call it "Defiance." I think it is absolutely beautiful, or ridiculously insane, depending on how you want your character to be.

I mean it was all so strange that fanboys proposed that whole "Indoctrinated Shepard" theory, which says it all. Fans were left to pick up the pieces. It wasn't right. But it wasn't an abject disaster. More of a letdown.

Like a so so nut after the best sex of your life. 

Everything up to the death of Anderson was fantastic. After that it got kinda ridiculous. They should have just ended it right there with Shepard and a dying Anderson watching the Reapers get blown up.

The only right ending is Destroy. Everything else is wrong.

Oh no, not ME3 ending talk. My hypnotist said the mental blocks were supposed to stay in place. I wasn’t supposed to see this again...and remember the pain.....three colors, it was simply three different colors!.....**** you Casey Hudson!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Playable demo of Detroit Become Human hits the PS4 store tomorrow. Video looks stunning.

The initial trailer looked interesting. Had some Deus Ex to it kinda(not gameplay wise, I have no idea how the gameplay will work).

Synthesis did seem like the way they wanted you to go. Perfect harmony. But nobody was going to completely give up on humanity and every other race in the galaxy. 

I think I went destruction on my first "canon" playthrough, saving Earth, the galaxy and my crew but sacrificing my self to destroy the reaper threat. That seemed like the only satisfying ending for me in the moment as I sat there with my WTF face staring at the options.

29 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The initial trailer looked interesting. Had some Deus Ex to it kinda(not gameplay wise, I have no idea how the gameplay will work).

I'm way too excited for this. It's definitely more Heavy Rain than Deus Ex. Like Heavy Rain on steroids, set in the future during an AI/Robot rebellion

I played the demo. It was pretty fun. It's just the cop mission I posted above. It was actually faster paced and more intense than I imagined. The graphics and sound are awesome. The camera feels a little too close though, so it felt like my vision was cut off a bit. 

There are 3 characters to play as and I assume their stories are all interconnected in some way though oddly enough 

Spoiler

the cop level from the demo is the first mission in the game and one of the outcomes I went with, my character died. So not sure how impactful the decisions will be and how much they will carry over. 

It seems like a really cool game, just a matter of whether the story can live up to the premise and remain engaging. They designed this with so many different outcomes that they put a flow chart at the end of each mission showing the branching paths that can take place. It doesn't say what the other paths are it just shows your decisions and the rest are blank, you can see options but don't necessarily know the end results. 

I read that they realize they spent hours and hours on certain scenarios that maybe 5% of people will ever actually see. That sounds awesome where each person will have a unique story. Kinda like Until Dawn but I think that was more limited than it first appeared. We will see if that is the case here.  

Totally screwed up last night. Been ambushing BOS Paladins for loot, and it's all been predicated on the fact that I play on Very Hard, which like doubles or triples the chance (from normal) of you finding Legendary weapons and armor. 

Like I said before, my build is a Heavy melee/cqc, big/long gun, guerrilla warfare sneaking build (mixed with some Forrest Gump super dumb luck via Idiot Savant). Gauntlets are both legendary, set to ignite and freeze any melee attacker, my lower leg armor is set to +25 poison resistance and slow time when I'm near death, and to top it, my chestplate (the "Unyielding") +3's all my stats. 

So I've been downing their Vertibirds and ambushing their patrols, 1v1'ing the bucket heads. First hack with the General Chao usually slices off part of their plating and immediately disarms them (and I pick up their lasers before they hit the ground).  Their power armor  punches pack a whallop, but my build and armor can absorb them. Next hack usually rips their helm off.  After that, curtains...

I mistakenly sold my chest armor to that insane crackhead gunrunner chick though?.

I'll never love again...

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I played the demo. It was pretty fun. It's just the cop mission I posted above. It was actually faster paced and more intense than I imagined. The graphics and sound a awesome. The camera feels a little too close so i felt like my vision was cut off a bit. 

There are 3 characters to play as and I assume their stories are all interconnected in some way though oddly enough 

Reveal hidden contents

the cop level from the demo is the first mission in the game and one of the outcomes I went with, my character died. So not sure how impactful this stuff will carry over. 

It seems like a really cool game, just a matter of whether the story can live up to the premise and remain engaging. They designed this with so many different outcomes that they put a flow chart at the end of each mission showing the branching paths that can take place. It doesn't say what the other paths are it just shows your decisions and the rest are blank, you can see options but don't necessarily know the end results. 

I read that they realize they spent hours and hours on certain scenarios that maybe 5% of people will ever actually see. That sounds awesome where each person will have a unique story. Kinda like Until Dawn but I think that was more limited than it first appeared. We will see if that is the case here.  

Sounds awesome. I'll try it at some point this weekend

21 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The last one I remember they basically went Rocky with the career mode and ended up with you fighting this jackass white dude appropriately named Frost. This was after you’d been in prison and everything. It was Hollywood af but it was fun 

It was like Ivan Drago made a baby with Randy Orton. Awesome. And that **** was tough. Still remember the epicness when you land that one shot in championship rounds of the  title fight, and the music changes, sampling The Roots.

Definitely a heavily underrated moment from last gen.

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’ve seen Westworld. This is just the beginning 

Well the middle will be the interesting part, because we all know the end result... Completely lifelike remote Wi-Fi sexbot maids that you can plug a usb into, and their eyes will turn into a projector, and stream your favorite tv shows and movies, anywhere, anytime. The fall of man will come shortly thereafter imo

@PleaseBlitz, I have obtained the Overseers Guardian...

giphy.gif

Stupid. Never knew it was this powerful. Also got that stabbing stealth blade as a gift from that serial killer with the raider death gallery near the Old North Church.

Couple that with the stacked fusion core batteries for the power armor (enough for a very large sustained battle without going sol in  the middle of a fight) and completely finished  BOS custom T-60 armor (now Railroaded) from ambushing the Brotherhood patrols, and i'm ready to take back the Castle and fight that mirelurk/kraken thats absolutely impossible.

Also, Tactical Gauss Rifle... Insane. Worth the CD purchase.  Made me outright abandon the laser musket. I have very little Science skill since it's an energy weapon, but even on the nuts and bolts side of modding, I did enough to make it so when you crank it you can stealth one shot (depending on your build) some Legendary enemies even on Very Hard, before it can trigger their second wind mutation.

Only drawback is the ammo is expensive as hell, so I've usually used it to stealth drop the toughest enemy in a group before launching an attack.

My dude is just filthy.

Man, so many fantastic games just sitting in my backlog across PC, PS4 and Switch and here I am ordering this Sega-Capcom PlayStation bundle off Humble Bundle and running through RE Code Veronica X on PS4 Pro.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-sega-psn?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_three_to_one_tile_index_2

Its got Megaman Collection, Code Veronica X, RE remake, Alien Isolation and Valkyrie Chronicles Remastered among a few others. Worth checking out for sure considering you can grab all the games I listed plus 5-6 more for $15.

Alien: Isolation may go down as the "Way of the Samurai" of this gen. Total shame that you are reduced to scratching and clawing to create something like that these days.

Isolation in VR on Survival/Nightmare +surround would probably trigger a number of medical and psychological conditions

Basically like playing Bobby Fischer in a sick, twisted game of chess in the deepest part of Hell.

Archived