Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

The more I play Far Cry 5, the better it gets. I finished the SW "farmland" region, and have now moved on to the Northern "mountain" region.

This region is incredible, filled with towering peaks that you can scale and treacherous, winding roads that require all of your skill to navigate. You can also jump off various jump-points and deploy your wingsuit. I haven't played a game that so meticulously replicates a mountainous region like this one -- you literally get vertigo in certain areas.

My "deputy" is pretty stacked at this point. 4 weapon slots, one for a handgun w/silencer (close quarters), one for a sniper rifle w/silencer (long range), one for M60 Machine gun (AOE weapon), and one for a mini-rocket launcher ( to take out aerial assaults) -- the latter one being the most fun (and most satisfying) to play.

If you get this game, I would just go around explore each region thoroughly, completing all side quests and mini quests, before moving on to the main quests. This game is such a delight to explore, revealing hidden secrets and suprises just around every corner. 

God of War is going to have to wait because I am loving this game too much atm. 

My God of War arrived this morning a lot earlier than Amazon usually drops stuff off.  I don't know how much time I'll have this weekend to dig into it though since tonight's the Wiz game, tomorrow Caps in the afternoon, then Sunday I'm headed to the Wiz game.  And then both Saturday and Sunday I have kids birthday parties to go to...

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

My God of War arrived this morning a lot earlier than Amazon usually drops stuff off.  I don't know how much time I'll have this weekend to dig into it though since tonight's the Wiz game, tomorrow Caps in the afternoon, then Sunday I'm headed to the Wiz game.  And then both Saturday and Sunday I have kids birthday parties to go to...

Yeah I got my God of War this afternoon. But I got to finish Far Cry 5 first.

On 4/16/2018 at 8:30 PM, Mournblade said:

The more I play Far Cry 5, the better it gets. I finished the SW "farmland" region, and have now moved on to the Northern "mountain" region.

This region is incredible, filled with towering peaks that you can scale and treacherous, winding roads that require all of your skill to navigate. You can also jump off various jump-points and deploy your wingsuit. I haven't played a game that so meticulously replicates a mountainous region like this one -- you literally get vertigo in certain areas.

My "deputy" is pretty stacked at this point. 4 weapon slots, one for a handgun w/silencer (close quarters), one for a sniper rifle w/silencer (long range), one for M60 Machine gun (AOE weapon), and one for a mini-rocket launcher ( to take out aerial assaults) -- the latter one being the most fun (and most satisfying) to play.

If you get this game, I would just go around explore each region thoroughly, completing all side quests and mini quests, before moving on to the main quests. This game is such a delight to explore, revealing hidden secrets and suprises just around every corner. 

Yea, I finished the SW part first too, then recently moved to the north section so I can get the mother****ing bear. 

23 hours ago, purbeast said:

God of War is just a masterpiece.  There's really no other way to describe it.  Simply incredible. 

Can't wait for it. If you do a review be sure to indicate spoilers. Should be a week or two before I play it. 

On 4/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, I finished the SW part first too, then recently moved to the north section so I can get the mother****ing bear. 

I just started Faith's region. Damn Faith is one sexy character. Too bad I'm going to have to off her :)

I won't spoil anything or give a review.  I mean the game is fantastic there's no need for a review.  If you have a PS4 there's really no reason NOT to play it.  And if you didn't like GoW before, this game feels nothing like it really other than having Kratos in it.  It's so different.

Just finished Far Cry 5. I'm going to downgrade my initial grade of A- to a less satisfying B+. The game has a lot going for it -- gorgeous graphics, fantastic gameplay, quests and activities galore -- but I'd say 60% of the writing is atrocious (lazy, cliched -- you'll be cringing through most of it) and the game is utterly plagued with bugs. Also, man, I'm getting a little tired of first person shooters. What do Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Mass Effect, Last of Us and Far Cry all have in common? Yeah, all first person shooters. Hopefully God of War is a nice tonic from these types of games. 

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Just finished Far Cry 5. I'm going to downgrade my initial grade of A- to a less satisfying B+. The game has a lot going for it -- gorgeous graphics, fantastic gameplay, quests and activities galore -- but I'd say 60% of the writing is atrocious (lazy, cliched -- you'll be cringing through most of it) and the game is utterly plagued with bugs. Also, man, I'm getting a little tired of first person shooters. What do Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Mass Effect, Last of Us and Far Cry all have in common? Yeah, all first person shooters. Hopefully God of War is a nice tonic from these types of games. 

Say what?  The only FPS in that list is Fallout 4 and FC5.

I personally am done with FPS myself and haven't touched one in ages, other than Farpoint with Aim controller for PSVR, which is quite a bit different than your standard FPS.  The market got completely over saturated with them years ago and they just do nothing for me now a days.

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

What do Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Mass Effect, Last of Us and Far Cry all have in common? Yeah, all first person shooters. Hopefully God of War is a nice tonic from these types of games. 

Far Cry and Fallout are the only FPS games in that list and Fallout also has a 3rd person perspective that is more popular. 

Bethesda's tps camera from what I remember, was always wonky, but its  pretty solid in Fallout 4. I still don't use it though .

As far as I can tell, there is still a pretty good balance between tps view and fps  view. The Shadow and Witcher games are also TPS. Arkham is tps. Spider-Man and RDR 3 will be tps. Don't really see the issue.

Frankly, my issue is that the cannibilazation that online gaming is causing as the result of the heavy fps online gaming franchises. TPS games are really probably the only non sports titles that can go blow for blow with them.

Also, if anyone has never played them, I HIGHLY suggest the Mass Effect Trilogy. If you don't have one still, it's worth getting your hands on a gump 360/PS3 (EA/BioWare is currently still trying to find a way out from under the massive pile of **** that got dumped one them after the Andromeda disaster, and any hope there was of a potential current gen remaster is probably gone, as a ton of folks have been reassigned, and I think the lead guy completely left the company)

Mass Effect is my favorite video game franchise of all time. If you're an RPG fan and you haven't played the original trilogy yet, get the eff on it. Andromeda wasn't as bad, although was clearly not to the same standard as the original.

If they released a ME trilogy remastered, I'd pay upwards of $100 for it.

29 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Mass Effect is my favorite video game franchise of all time. If you're an RPG fan and you haven't played the original trilogy yet, get the eff on it. Andromeda wasn't as bad, although was clearly not to the same standard as the original.

If they released a ME trilogy remastered, I'd pay upwards of $100 for it.

We've probably got a better chance of actually discovering something like the mass effect phenomena than that **** ever getting remastered.

I liked Andromeda too, but it got mercilessly crushed like nothing I've ever seen before. 

Would be awesome though, if they did something like Bethesda, with some mod features. There will never be another trilogy like that. People aren't that bold. Even ME2 and 3 weren't what 1 was. 1 is just a science fiction action narrative marvel, in every way imaginable. And I would gladly fork over $100. Truth be told, it may run like $150. And I'm talking also  new weapons, new suits new dialogue (all of the voice actors except Zaeed are still alive iirc, seems like half of them did work in FO4, because I currently recognize Garrus, Ashley, and the Synth from Far Harbor sounds like Vigil from Ilos. 

I would fork over that amount willingly.

Anybody remember battletech or mechcommander/mechwarrior from back in the day?

There is a battletech being released on the PC tomorrow. That'll be my next focus after finishing Far Cray 5 yesterday. Far Cray was fun if you didn't pay attention to the story. One of the few games that I enjoyed walking from one mission to another, rather than fast traveling because of all the random events and chaos that would occur.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We've probably got a better chance of actually discovering something like the mass effect phenomena than that **** ever getting remastered.

I liked Andromeda too, but it got mercilessly crushed like nothing I've ever seen before. 

Would be awesome though, if they did something like Bethesda, with some mod features. There will never be another trilogy like that. People aren't that bold. Even ME2 and 3 weren't what 1 was. 1 is just a science fiction action narrative marvel, in every way imaginable. And I would gladly fork over $100. Truth be told, it may run like $150. And I'm talking also  new weapons, new suits new dialogue (all of the voice actors except Zaeed are still alive iirc, seems like half of them did work in FO4, because I currently recognize Garrus, Ashley, and the Synth from Far Harbor sounds like Vigil from Ilos. 

I would fork over that amount willingly.

I noticed Garrus's voice actor on Suits the other day. As soon as I heard him speak I was like ITS GARRUS! Guy is one of my favorite characters in all of gaming.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Anybody remember battletech or mechcommander/mechwarrior from back in the day?

There is a battletech being released on the PC tomorrow. That'll be my next focus after finishing Far Cray 5 yesterday. Far Cray was fun if you didn't pay attention to the story. One of the few games that I enjoyed walking from one mission to another, rather than fast traveling because of all the random events and chaos that would occur.

I'm not sure if I like that aspect of the game. You're completing some side quest when suddenly your health bar starts to plummet and you look down and there's a wolverine attached to your leg. Kind of irritating after a while. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bethesda's tps camera from what I remember, was always wonky, but its  pretty solid in Fallout 4. I still don't use it though .

As far as I can tell, there is still a pretty good balance between tps view and fps  view. The Shadow and Witcher games are also TPS. Arkham is tps. Spider-Man and RDR 3 will be tps. Don't really see the issue.

Frankly, my issue is that the cannibilazation that online gaming is causing as the result of the heavy fps online gaming franchises. TPS games are really probably the only non sports titles that can go blow for blow with them.

Also, if anyone has never played them, I HIGHLY suggest the Mass Effect Trilogy. If you don't have one still, it's worth getting your hands on a gump 360/PS3 (EA/BioWare is currently still trying to find a way out from under the massive pile of **** that got dumped one them after the Andromeda disaster, and any hope there was of a potential current gen remaster is probably gone, as a ton of folks have been reassigned, and I think the lead guy completely left the company)

You can play the entire mass effect trilogy backwards compatible with an Xbox one. 

I beat Far Cry 5 last Thursday. It was fun, although I thought all three endings were terrible. I can understand having at least one bad ending, but when your choices are bad, terrible, and ****ing horrible....come on. 

I’ve been playing GoW since Friday. Game is amazing. I’ve never been a fan of the GoW series, but this one is excellent. When I’m done with this I’ll go back to finishing Horizon Zero Dawn, and Hellblade on Xbox. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I noticed Garrus's voice actor on Suits the other day. As soon as I heard him speak I was like ITS GARRUS! Guy is one of my favorite characters in all of gaming.

Everytime I hear a character with his voice in Fallout, I keep expecting to hear it followed up by a question as to whether or not I need something calibrated.

Dammit, don't make me go back and play that game again. I can pretty much recite the script, and visualize every npc movement, spawn point, and weapon burst/reload ratio after so many playthroughs over the years. It's bad. Think @Llevron and MHW ×5.

Bamma's ask me where I'm from in real life and I occasionally lose it and tell them I was an orphan, and cut my teeth as a youngin' in the Earth slums with the Reds. Blood in, blood out.

#RenegadeLife

:(

Archived