Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

8 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'd rather a Vive though as I've heard it's the better experience. PSVR was going for $200 on Black Friday. Haven't looked to see if it's still at that price point for Cyber Monday today but that's a great deal.

The Vive was definitely a better experience when the two first launched as it offered Room Scale while Oculus was meant for a seated experience, plus the Vive launched with motion controllers while the Oculus relied on a 360 controller.  Things have changed since then.

Oculus now has it's own form of room-scale that can be implemented if you buy the extra sensor (though the effective area isn't quite as large as the Vive's).  And Oculus' Touch controller by all accounts I've read is better than the Vive's wands.  Besides being able to track your fingers for more natural hand-based gestures (in the Gorn video, it showed you being able to flip off your virtual opponents :ols: ) it also has dual-analog controls so you don't have to rely on teleportation mechanics to move in open environments.

I don't recall anything else that put the Vive ahead of the Oculus Rift, so basically it's main advantage now is that its room scale has a bit wider space to work with while the Oculus wins in the control department and everything I've read says the Oculus HMD is more comfortable to wear and has a more forgiving sweetspot to get the proper stereoscoping view (I've definitely experienced some trouble in that regard with my brother's Vive).  And the Oculus has built-in headphones that are supposed to be pretty good.  If you have a good pair of headphones already, it's probably not a big deal, but the earbuds the Vive comes with are not really ideal.

(note: Oculus is no longer run by my friend and so I don't really have any rooting interest in them these days)

Have another look at the current state of VR and see if maybe the Oculus in its current incarnation might actually suit you.  Considering the price difference, it's worth another look.

8 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I just got the 500 moon ending as well. I don't really see the point in going much further though when there are a ton of great games out now across all platforms. This is why Nintendo needs some sort of achievement system. Sony is paving the way, you can now trade in trophies for actual money towards games. It's 10 plat for $10, 100 silver for $10 and I think 1000 bronze for $10. Now that makes you want to grind out those achievements. So if you are gaming on the PS4, def sign up for the rewards program and link your PS account to it.

I really don't care about achievements.  If you need a trophy tell you you're having fun, maybe you aren't having fun and it's time to move on to the next game.

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

I really don't care about achievements.  If you need a trophy tell you you're having fun, maybe you aren't having fun and it's time to move on to the next game.

I think the point is that Sony is actually rewarding customers by giving them incentives to play for certain trophies, like money towards another game.  People aren't going to continue to play a game they don't want to just because they want a $10 credit.  But those trophies are earned with every game, can't tell you how many times I earned a trophy just playing a PS4 game, it's all the time.  

So quit hating on the competition for offering a reward system just because you hate said competition.  If Nintendo thought of that first, you would be praising them for being innovative and creative.  

13 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I think the point is that Sony is actually rewarding customers by giving them incentives to play for certain trophies, like money towards another game.  People aren't going to continue to play a game they don't want to just because they want a $10 credit.  But those trophies are earned with every game, can't tell you how many times I earned a trophy just playing a PS4 game, it's all the time.  

So quit hating on the competition for offering a reward system just because you hate said competition.  If Nintendo thought of that first, you would be praising them for being innovative and creative.  

I'm not hating on the competition.  I really don't care about achievements.  The statement to which I was responding was that Nintendo needs to implement their own achievement system, which I honestly do not care for, and that the reason to implement it is to give incentive to play the game, to which I believe the incentive to play a game should be that it is fun.  If you aren't having fun, why are you playing it?

If Sony has achievements, I don't really care about it one way or another; it does not affect me since I don't buy their consoles.  Besides Nintendo, I also play a lot of Steam games.  Steam has achievements, too, and I don't care for them.  I don't go achievement hunting because I'd rather just play games for the fun of playing them.

Just now, PokerPacker said:

I'm not hating on the competition.  I really don't care about achievements.  The statement to which I was responding was that Nintendo needs to implement their own achievement system, which I honestly do not care for, and that the reason to implement it is to give incentive to play the game, to which I believe the incentive to play a game should be that it is fun.  If you aren't having fun, why are you playing it?

If Sony has achievements, I don't really care about it one way or another; it does not affect me since I don't buy their consoles.  Besides Nintendo, I also play a lot of Steam games.  Steam has achievements, too, and I don't care for them.  I don't go achievement hunting because I'd rather just play games for the fun of playing them.

Why wouldn't you want an achievement system?  It rewards players for just playing the game.  And who cares if people continue to play games they no longer are having fun playing to get a $10 credit towards another game? It's their time spent, not anybody else's.  Me personally, I'm not going to grind out trophies on a game that I don't like to get a $10 discount. 

But the way the reward system works is you trade in trophies earned across all your games, so you can still be rewarded while not grinding out trophies on games you no longer care about. It's a win/win for PS4 owners and an incentive to purchase their console versus the XB1 and Switch.  

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why wouldn't you want an achievement system?  It rewards players for just playing the game.  And who cares if people continue to play games they no longer are having fun playing to get a $10 credit towards another game? It's their time spent, not anybody else's.  Me personally, I'm not going to grind out trophies on a game that I don't like to get a $10 discount. 

But the way the reward system works is you trade in trophies earned across all your games, so you can still be rewarded while not grinding out trophies on games you no longer care about. It's a win/win for PS4 owners and an incentive to purchase their console versus the XB1 and Switch.  

To be clear, I am not against a rewards system.  I was speaking specifically to the achievement system.  The explanation of the rewards system that Sony added to their achievement system was, at least to me, a somewhat separate issue as it was tacked on after the reason expressed that Nintendo needs an achievement system.

From a logic perspective, I saw statement "W needs X because of Y".  "V has X, and with it they have Z".  My argument was of the "I don't need W to have X; Y is meaningless to me".  V and Z (Sony and Rewards System, respectively) are not a part of the statement to which I was responding.  Hope that clears it up (though knowing me and how people receive my explanations, I've probably made things more confusing).

16 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

To be clear, I am not against a rewards system.  I was speaking specifically to the achievement system.  The explanation of the rewards system that Sony added to their achievement system was, at least to me, a somewhat separate issue as it was tacked on after the reason expressed that Nintendo needs an achievement system.

From a logic perspective, I saw statement "W needs X because of Y".  "V has X, and with it they have Z".  My argument was of the "I don't need W to have X; Y is meaningless to me".  V and Z (Sony and Rewards System, respectively) are not a part of the statement to which I was responding.  Hope that clears it up (though knowing me and how people receive my explanations, I've probably made things more confusing).

Gotcha, we good man.

Image result for i love you bro montana animated gif

I still like achievements because some are hard to get and one of the things I like about video games is the challenge. It asks you to do things you wouldn’t necessarily think of doing which always gets you to see the game differently or game modes etc you might not have tried otherwise. 

For example, the first Mario baseball game on GameCube had a lot of different challenges to get each character a 5 star rating and it as hard and fun af trying to get them. I guess achievements fill that void in most games 

There is a degree of e-peen stroking for many over their achievement number but that’s never been why I’ve enjoyed them 

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Back at ya, Jobin.

Lettuce on the menjay!

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I still like achievements because some are hard to get and one of the things I like about video games is the challenge. It asks you to do things you wouldn’t necessarily think of doing which always gets you to see the game differently or game modes etc you might not have tried otherwise. 

For example, the first Mario baseball game on GameCube had a lot of different challenges to get each character a 5 star rating and it as hard and fun af trying to get them. I guess achievements fill that void in most games 

I'm not necessarily against individual games doing some kind of achievement system.  I mean, it's up to the developers if they think it will add something to their game.   Part of my objection is that achievements are mandatory.  I'm sure achievements can bring something to certain types of games if the developers choose to put effort into making them complement the game.  But forcing developers to put in X number of achievements/trophies because your platform demands it, in my opinion, does not serve to make better games.  Instead we get things like "Achievement: you started the game!"

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Lettuce on the menjay!

Slappa da bass!

Sobek is my ****

As i thought, perfect situation for the light bow. The attacks are still immensely powerful, but if you're too fast and heady to get hit (well, hit a lot), then it's gator shoes for everybody.

And of course:

Figured I'd show off near max depth perception. That is the lighthouse of Alexandria in the distance, as well as the pyramids at Giza beyond that (just barely visible). 

As for the boss fight, this one was good. Relies on you acting aggressive, so naturally, first try, I was killed quickly. A few Yoshimitsu flips, then out came the poison dagger, and it was curtains. Kept her at a distance the second time, and tried to time my shots. Pretty fun.

I've been obsessed with AC Origins. Finished the main story in 5 days and hit platinum a short time later. They have fixed most of the bugs but my biggest gripe is there is nothing left to do. Nothing. I'm left hunting lions and killing every soldier I come across and it got old awhile ago. I have to wait two weeks for the next trial. Second gripe are the micro-transactions needed to get some of the really cool gear. They say the gear is available through heka chests, but good luck with that ****.

51 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

I've been obsessed with AC Origins. Finished the main story in 5 days

Been playing since i got the pre-order on release day, and there is literally too much to do, and will be once i complete the main story (I'm likely pretty close). There were no noticeable bugs (certainly nothing outrageous) on my copy, so I cant really comment on that. Did you buy all the Time Savers? If you did, that may explain your frustration. There is enough stuff here to play for awhile.

51 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

They have fixed most of the bugs but my biggest gripe is there is nothing left to do. Nothing. I'm left hunting lions and killing every soldier I come across and it got old awhile ago. I have to wait two weeks for the next trial. Second gripe are the micro-transactions needed to get some of the really cool gear. They say the gear is available through heka chests, but good luck with that ****.

The Heka chests are decent, but not as advertised, and you can find better roaming the world. I would stay away from the microtransactions, but I did get a couple bows, swords and shields through that and other dlc that came with my preorder. I wouldn't go crazy with it though.

Basically, this isn't GTA (which got boring as well). Everything gets boring eventually, especially if you roar through it. But there will be a ton of stuff for me to do, for months. Haven't even charted the entire map yet

*Edit, one thing i would say they could've done to keep it fresh once missions and exploration runs out, is the random assassination contracts, but just hunting and raiding (land and sea), and fighting/racing in the arenas and war elephant fights  are pretty damn fun, and the difficulty scales wonderfully (reached 40 last night) once you reach the max level (enemies continuing to scale higher, etc,) but again, I have found everything I've done. I bought ACIII years ago and mistakenly got all that time save stuff because it was low priced, but i finished pretty quickly. Knowing where everything is takes the fun out of this kind of gaming.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:24 AM, Springfield said:

PS VR - You need a PS4 in addition to the headset, correct?  Can a launch day PS4 run VR just as well as a new slim or a pro can?

Do all the games require th camera and the funny joysticks?  Can you use just a controller?

Thinking about Gran Turismo on VR.  Any reviews?

Gran Turismo VR is just one track the rest of the game regular gameplay from what I've been told

On 11/27/2017 at 7:38 PM, PokerPacker said:

It's the opposite for me. I try to get as many achievements as possible for the games that I really enjoy. So achievements for me just extend the playtime for games I would normally beat and be done with. For the games that aren't my favorite, I complete and move on. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Well that sucks.

Yeah. Problem is most companies haven't figured out what to do yet. So they only add limited VR....unless it's a game that was made for VR. There are some excellent ones out there for PSVR. The mainstream ones haven't figured it out yet

21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Been playing since i got the pre-order on release day, and there is literally too much to do, and will be once i complete the main story (I'm likely pretty close). There were no noticeable bugs (certainly nothing outrageous) on my copy, so I cant really comment on that. Did you buy all the Time Savers? If you did, that may explain your frustration. There is enough stuff here to play for awhile.

The Heka chests are decent, but not as advertised, and you can find better roaming the world. I would stay away from the microtransactions, but I did get a couple bows, swords and shields through that and other dlc that came with my preorder. I wouldn't go crazy with it though.

Basically, this isn't GTA (which got boring as well). Everything gets boring eventually, especially if you roar through it. But there will be a ton of stuff for me to do, for months. Haven't even charted the entire map yet

*Edit, one thing i would say they could've done to keep it fresh once missions and exploration runs out, is the random assassination contracts, but just hunting and raiding (land and sea), and fighting/racing in the arenas and war elephant fights  are pretty damn fun, and the difficulty scales wonderfully (reached 40 last night) once you reach the max level (enemies continuing to scale higher, etc,) but again, I have found everything I've done. I bought ACIII years ago and mistakenly got all that time save stuff because it was low priced, but i finished pretty quickly. Knowing where everything is takes the fun out of this kind of gaming.

I agree with you mostly, and I really like the idea of the assassination contracts. I didn't bother with any of the time saver stuff, but I bought the deluxe edition so it came with some ability points and helix credits that I also used on ability points. I got about 85 hours of gameplay from all that stuff. They need to add a repeatable mission/quest/assassination contract so that people in my situation have something to hold us over til the DLC's and new trials come out. I also thought the Sobek trial was ridiculously easy. I beat it on the first try. Whereas Anubis was ****ing hard as hell and took me 50 tries. It didn't make a whole lot of sense that they made it easier. It doesn't seem like Ubisoft is aware of how fragile consumers are when it comes to AC. 

Yeah i got him on the first try too. Figured it had something to do with me being higher in level, but it was definitely telegraphing everything.

The war elephant fights seemed to be hardest, until i figured out it's tell with its head lean when it charges, signaling which way for you to dodge 

Dunno what to say, buddy. I mentioned before that hopefully this was an experiment and that they would use this as a template going forward as to what to keep/ax. The contracts have always played a big role in AC

Between the side quests, tombs, vaults, puzzles etc though, I will be busy. DLC should be decent. I liked Syndicates Ripper DLC (though it was not what I was expecting), so maybe they come out with a "Curse of the Mummy" dlc on top of everything else

I am kinda mad though. Got a sweet shield (Compendium-something) after beating the war elephant located within the Green Mountains, and promptly sold it accidentally to the merchant, and couldn't get it back :(

Archived