Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Got my ass whooped in nearly everything yesterday. I guess a decade of beatdowns  and traumatic trash talk can motivate. Somehow i was able to avoid the 0-fer with a clean sweep in Injustice, with The Flash. Kids done grown up :kickcan:

Gonna try and get in on the Sobek (Origins) likely sodomization when I get back, and see if I've learned anything, and if getting past lvl 34 will help (will try to quest farm again to give myself a higher chance of victory). 

Haven't found much use for the rapid fire bow in this game yet, but theorize that if i can make more efficient use of my attack moments, I can wittle down the God health quicker (and plus, it's maddening, having to time and arc your shots with the Hunter, all while you are moving, it is moving  and god knows what else is coming red dead right at you).

I will also showcase the Gladiator arena in Cyrene, ending with a battle, or maybe a boss fight. Those things are insane. Spike traps, death pits, fire, archer traps, rotating spikes, lions, tigers. Good thing is that you can use it to your advantage to kill the big lumbering guys with phalanx sized shields

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

I've played a bunch of the. Up until a few years ago.

Is it worth it still or is it more of the same?

I mean I liked it but it became rather repetitive 4 games in

I haven’t  played the others, but I like this game a lot.  @Mr. Sinister and @Momma There Goes That Man Are better suited to answer that question.

Went with ac:o mainly because I've played all but unity, rogue, and the one that came after that with an s. Syndicate? 

I want to see what's going on with it now

Spent 30 minutes hunting animals. 

It doesn't even sound like fun, as I read that, but I couldn't stop hunting them. 

Need to find crocodiles.

Looking forward to trying wolfenstein next time it's on sale. I grew up on wolfenstein 3d.

12 hours ago, tshile said:

Went with ac:o mainly because I've played all but unity, rogue, and the one that came after that with an s. Syndicate? 

I want to see what's going on with it now

Spent 30 minutes hunting animals. 

It doesn't even sound like fun, as I read that, but I couldn't stop hunting them. 

Need to find crocodiles.

Looking forward to trying wolfenstein next time it's on sale. I grew up on wolfenstein 3d.

Unity sucked but Syndicate was a great game.

The story and characters are great and the London setting is awesome. It's worth picking up.

11 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Unity sucked but Syndicate was a great game.

The story and characters are great and the London setting is awesome. It's worth picking up.

I have to disagree with you there. Syndicate was not terrible but it was a significant step down from Black Flag. And a number of the quests

were bugged. The only thing I liked about it was the sexy and dangerous Evie. Other than that, the game was pretty forgettable.  

On 11/23/2017 at 11:03 PM, Llevron said:

****. PsVR is on sale bundled with Skyrim for 349. I want. But I don't wanna spend that either. Decisions decisions 

Got any older consoles/games you aren't using anymore? Throw those in for trade in value and it might knock off $70-80

I finally played Syndicate last summer, and it was definitely a step back up. Didn't experience any bugs at all, the two person storyline was well done, and I liked all of the missions and side missions. Felt like Assassin's Creed again, and was well received by fans

i watched a history of AC video in order to see what I missed with Rogue, Syndicate and Unity (the video was pretty lame, still need to find a place to catch up on the main story line)

the consensus on syndicate was that at release it was full of bugs and was released at a time where people were turning against the franchise because of Unity and sales were bad at launch.... but, they fixed the bugs, and the game was actually good in terms of story and such, but wasn't well received at launch.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:16 PM, PokerPacker said:

You can get Oculus for $350 right now.  ~$400 if you get the extra sensor for room-scale.  Comes with the touch controllers.

I'd rather a Vive though as I've heard it's the better experience. PSVR was going for $200 on Black Friday. Haven't looked to see if it's still at that price point for Cyber Monday today but that's a great deal.

On 11/24/2017 at 8:07 AM, Bacon said:

I have beaten the main story of Mario Odyssey. It gets even better later on. 

I also started Horizon Zero Dawn. The environments are so, so ****ing beautiful. Really enjoying combat so far as well. 

I just got the 500 moon ending as well. I don't really see the point in going much further though when there are a ton of great games out now across all platforms. This is why Nintendo needs some sort of achievement system. Sony is paving the way, you can now trade in trophies for actual money towards games. It's 10 plat for $10, 100 silver for $10 and I think 1000 bronze for $10. Now that makes you want to grind out those achievements. So if you are gaming on the PS4, def sign up for the rewards program and link your PS account to it.

42 minutes ago, tshile said:

i watched a history of AC video in order to see what I missed with Rogue, Syndicate and Unity (the video was pretty lame, still need to find a place to catch up on the main story line)

the consensus on syndicate was that at release it was full of bugs and was released at a time where people were turning against the franchise because of Unity and sales were bad at launch.... but, they fixed the bugs, and the game was actually good in terms of story and such, but wasn't well received at launch.

Makes sense. Usually in always late on games, so unless it's something just completely sad like Skyrim, I always miss the bugs, and get it after the patch.

No stranger to bugs from either company though. The first phase of the King Washington DLC for ACIII where (Rhatonhaketon infiltrates Valley Forge) was bugged to hell and never fixed, and Fallout 3's Pitt, Point Lookout, and Operation Anchorage DLC was a mess too, which made me stop playing it. 

35 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I just got the 500 moon ending as well. I don't really see the point in going much further though when there are a ton of great games out now across all platforms. This is why Nintendo needs some sort of achievement system. Sony is paving the way, you can now trade in trophies for actual money towards games. It's 10 plat for $10, 100 silver for $10 and I think 1000 bronze for $10. Now that makes you want to grind out those achievements. So if you are gaming on the PS4, def sign up for the rewards program and link your PS account to it.

That is a great idea. I hope Microsoft picks it up for the achievement system. The good thing about competition is if Sony’s trophy for store credit system really takes off you can almost guarantee Microsoft will do it. Competition benefits us gamers more than anything. 

Archived